sisterlocks vs nappylocs (court case!?!)

asummertyme

shoot i plan on locking my hair when i get older and aint no way i am paying for it..i need all my info too be free...lol..or at least low cost, i like to be able to do my own hair...i brought a video on loc extensions..so when i do decide to loc..i will prolly add some extensions too it..I like instant gratification..lol

Ivonnovi

Back in the Ancient Times, those women of a dark hue, large lips, wide nose and ferrelled hair (afro) were the beauty standard. Most paintings of her and stone statues are hidden in private museums and in the basement of public ones. However, there was one consistency that you'll notice when you're fortunate enough to come by one, the hair is in locks, small, big large, etc., of course you already know about the variations in braiding and conrowing, but seldom do we realize why the European woman began to wear wigs with the hair stacked up, 'cos that was how her Teacher's hair was naturally. ;)

Worth bumping, quoting and bolding.
(Im on a quest for locs still)

sheba1

Personally, I think the nappy locks prices are outrageous, also. $995 for a three day course? $350 for 4 hours and a book? Say what? Um... there is detailed instruction on how to lock using a tool on youtube. :look:

Oh, and of course practice makes perfect :yep: lol

btrflyrose

I am seriously.... about 89% sure .... that I want to loc my hair and was researching sisterlocks when I found the nappyloc website by chance.

I'm a DIYer and haven't been in a salon in about 15 years so. And after seeing folks tightening their own sisterlocks on youtube, I was thinking why is it I have to spend $1500 to learn how to thread my hair in a 4 point pattern until it's tight?

lol

Anyway, I'm glad I found the site and will probably be purchasing the $77 kit. Plus my hair is to my shoulder blades and I'd like to loc it all... I can only imagine how much that would cost if I went to a salon.