SL 2015

Finally washed my hair. I detangled with Tresemme Undone and then washed with clay for an hour. Put my hair up in flat twists towards my crown. I haven't worn this style in a while. I want to do something different with my hair but not sure what yet. Maybe I will start a rotation of styles to make it feel like I'm doing something.

I miss my blog :cry:

To get me through to my next length check I'm going to vary up my styles to help take my mind off my hair a bit. When I do the same style back to back I'm constantly gauging my progress. I'm going to put some styles into rotation and keep them for 7 to 10 days. Hopefully after finishing a full rotation, I can add 1 new style to the mix and then repeat the whole cycle.

What I'm thinking so far is
1. Flat twist towards the crown
2. Flat twist all to one side
3. Part down middle, flat twist to each side and ends twisted together into 2 flat twist
4. 2 strand twists
5. Flat twist extensions

1st rotation add if in possible
6. Flat twist towards center and then french braided

Maybe after #5, my back is long enough to go into a banana clip bun. If so that will be 7.

Then I will repeat the process over and that should get me through September.

I will be updating in August as well.

Oan, it is past time to dust. Ugh. Will give it a good stretch and start snipping. Its been having a little breakage the lady few weeks so ots surely time.

7/1 is 5 days away :yahoo: Looking forward to update pics from Wenbev and Kells.

July updates: InBloom, yaya24, Wenbev and Kells

August updates: jennifer30, pelohello, AbsyBlvd, shortdub78

Washed last night. I really need to do my hair earlier because I start dreading it :lol: My hair is not that hard to do, I'm just slow and it seems to take me forever. But its nothing a good movie can't help.

I did my mud wash and just put my flat twist back in. I did a quirky style. Three-forths goes to one side and then I did a combination of flat twist and 2 strand twists in the front. I put those on perm rods to make it seem like it was a style. This will work for now. My scalp is happy about the twice weekly water applications. So I will wash again on Wednesday or Thursday.

When do we start the new challenges thread? Is it October? The reason I ask is b/c I really want to make a plea for us to go back to the old challenges. Like keep APL, BSL, MBL & WL challenges seperate. I don't even mind if its bsl/mbl challenge but there is an APL/BSL challenge and BSL/MBL challenge. I just want to focus on one thing lol.

But I have a feeling my plea won't matter. I think the majority like the combined challenges :(

When do we start the new challenges thread? Is it October? The reason I ask is b/c I really want to make a plea for us to go back to the old challenges. Like keep APL, BSL, MBL & WL challenges seperate. I don't even mind if its bsl/mbl challenge but there is an APL/BSL challenge and BSL/MBL challenge. I just want to focus on one thing lol.

But I have a feeling my plea won't matter. I think the majority like the combined challenges :(

They usually start in September and October.

We can make just an APL challenge if we want. If the ladies in this thread decide they just want an APL challenge we can do it. I'm with you pelohello. I would prefer just the APL challenge.

Yea me too. As a slow grower Id just be all shades of green as the average grower reaches both APL and MBL in the year when its probably going to take me a year just to APL if not more than a year. Itll be 3 years next month to SL.:pullhair: so yea. One goal per challenge :up:

Yea me too. As a slow grower Id just be all shades of green as the average grower reaches both APL and MBL in the year when its probably going to take me a year just to APL if not more than a year. Itll be 3 years next month to SL.:pullhair: so yea. One goal per challenge :up:

Cool. That's 3. That's enough for me to make a challenge :lol:

I won't be in a rush to start the challenge since I won't be full SL to the middle of next year but we will revisit this in September to see where we are. I tend to create challenges after Thanksgiving to get ready for the new year. We shall see.

I get what you mean. But I can also understand why the joint challanges are there. Firstly less threads and also the fact that a lot of people will be hitting two goals in one year.

Maybe you could create a thread just before the challanges pop up so that you and everyone can share their opinion :)

I get what you mean. But I can also understand why the joint challanges are there. Firstly less threads and also the fact that a lot of people will be hitting two goals in one year.

Maybe you could create a thread just before the challanges pop up so that you and everyone can share their opinion :)

I am not against the double goal threads, but they just aren't for me. What really happens with the joint one is that some people just don't join but lurk. And a lot of people are shooting for two goals but really are only going to reach one and then do the challenge again the next year.

The initial reason that was given was to keep people together because they didn't want to leave each other. Like if at the end of the year we didn't want to leave anyone behind we would make an SL/APL thread to keep everyone together.

This board is so quiet now we really don't need less threads :nono:

I will probably create an APL thread in the fall but that doesn't keep someone else from doing an APL/BSL thread as well. I like pelohello and DarkJoy though. I like having a single goal in a thread and to be among people whose goal is similar to mine.

ETA: I will create an APL thread unless someone else wants to.

I am not against the double goal threads, but they just aren't for me. What really happens with the joint one is that some people just don't join but lurk. And a lot of people are shooting for two goals but really are only going to reach one and then do the challenge again the next year.

The initial reason that was given was to keep people together because they didn't want to leave each other. Like if at the end of the year we didn't want to leave anyone behind we would make an SL/APL thread to keep everyone together.

This board is so quiet now we really don't need less threads :nono:

I will probably create an APL thread in the fall but that doesn't keep someone else from doing an APL/BSL thread as well. I like pelohello and DarkJoy though. I like having a single goal in a thread and to be among people whose goal is similar to mine.

ETA: I will create an APL thread unless someone else wants to.

I agree Ms. VA, Ms. Pelo and Joy. I need to see one goal at a time. :)

OAN, I'm pushing my LC back to 7/3 or 7/4. I need to henna and dust so that would be a better day :)

You are not alone. I like the separate challenges as well. Like @faithVA said, they'll be enough of us to make that happen:)

Cool. That's 3. That's enough for me to make a challenge :lol:

I won't be in a rush to start the challenge since I won't be full SL to the middle of next year but we will revisit this in September to see where we are. I tend to create challenges after Thanksgiving to get ready for the new year. We shall see.

Yes, you have my vote to start APL 2016 after Thanksgiving, even December 1 is fine. I think October is too early to start new year challenges. It gets confusing when people are posting in two different threads and you have to keep up with multiple threads. Ok, let me get off my soapbox:)

Back