SL 2015

Guinan

Re-Branding
I cant wait to take these braids out. I took out about 5 braids just to see if I have any matting or other issues. And surprise, surprise I'm having no issues. The ACV must of really helped. And of course I couldn't resist doing an impromptu length check. The front is still the same 9' but the back is 10'. So I didn't gain anything in front but I did gain alittle over 1/2' in the back. I have about 1-2 wks left in these braids.

I have found a couple of protective styles that I cant wait to try. Here's one of them

Last edited:

faithVA

I have 4 milestones I'm trying to hit by the end of March.
1. I want to be able to wash in 4 sections
2. I want to be able to do my hair in 2 flat twist
3. I want to be able to do a banana clip bun in the back.
4. I want a wearable puff

I'm getting pretty close. I may just barely make them but I think I will make them.

Have to think of some for the 2nd quarter. I would love to do a bun but that's more like 3rd or 4th quarter.
I had hoped to reach these by the end of the 1st quarter but didn't make it. I realized mybtoals were a bit aggressive.

As of today I can do all 4 but its still a bit of a struggle with all of them. Just going to ride it out with the flat twist and reevaluate at the end of September.

At least I'm seeing some progress. Each month should just get a bit better.

faithVA

I cant wait to take these braids out. I took out about 5 braids just to see if I have any matting or other issues. And surprise, surprise I'm having no issues. The ACV must of really helped. And of course I couldn't resist doing an impromptu length check. The front is still the same 9' but the back is 10'. So I didn't gain anything in front but I did gain alittle over 1/2' in the back. I have about 1-2 wks left in these braids.

I have found a couple of protective styles that I cant wait to try. Here's one of them

Can't wait to see it. She made it look so easy.

Wenbev

ok so here's my lc. I initially felt disappointed, but in retrospect, I have been able to bananaclip my hair and wear it in two canerows whereas I could not do it before. It seems like my hair is growing out instead of down which is fine. That stripe of red in the front is my hennaed greys. Sorry they are huge, the upload is weird now.
LC 70215.1.jpg LC 70215.2.jpg LC 70215.3.jpg

Kells

ok so here's my lc. I initially felt disappointed, but in retrospect, I have been able to bananaclip my hair and wear it in two canerows whereas I could not do it before. It seems like my hair is growing out instead of down which is fine. That stripe of red in the front is my hennaed greys. Sorry they are huge, the upload is weird now.
View attachment 331277 View attachment 331279 View attachment 331281
I know exactly what you mean about growing out instead of down lol:yep:
Looking good!

Guinan

Re-Branding
I spoke too soon:( As I was taking more braids out, I noticed I have matting all around my hair line and nape. However, I didn't panic. I used some of what I learned from the thread on how to remove braids safely. So, far I'm gently pulling the hair apart and tackling it in sections. I still might wait the 2wks to fully take the braids out and just take down the areas that have the matting.

I refuse to lose my .25' of growth:p

faithVA

Looking good. I'm seeing a lot of graduates this year. End of year pictures will be great.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I spoke too soon:( As I was taking more braids out, I noticed I have matting all around my hair line and nape. However, I didn't panic. I used some of what I learned from the thread on how to remove braids safely. So, far I'm gently pulling the hair apart and tackling it in sections. I still might wait the 2wks to fully take the braids out and just take down the areas that have the matting.

Take them out now no need to risk the damage. It's not worth it.

Evolving78

Take them out now. Don't wait.

Evolving78

jennifer30

You don't know that. I think if you find a way to keep your end hidden you will reach it just fine. I think the SL to APL struggle comes from people not protecting their ends. Find what works for you between now and December, stick to it and I think you will reach APL just fine.
thanks. you're so kind and i love your advice..you always make me feel better

InBloom

In my new-growth
@DarkJoy , @Wenbev

I wish I could've kept using Mineral Rich. I was excited about the prospect of more energy and hair growth. That Youtuber that spoke so highly of Mineral Rich had me convinced, and I hurried and found some.

I liked the taste and would drink it straight- no chase. But then, I had horrible tummy issues with it and couldn't continue to see if I would feel the energy and hair growth boost.

I still believe it's a winner because so many have used it and been happy with results.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Sorry your tummy gets upset. Apparently some can't take the original version. Theres one where the liquid is aloe and folks say their tummy issues went awsy with that formula. T bh, my tummy doesnt like the the full dose either of the aloe. So I take 1tbsp 3 times a week or so and im fine.

My next experiment will be to try 1 tsp in my DC and see what happens :look:

@DarkJoy , @Wenbev

I wish I could've kept using Mineral Rich. I was excited about the prospect of more energy and hair growth. That Youtuber that spoke so highly of Mineral Rich had me convinced, and I hurried and found some.

I liked the taste and would drink it straight- no chase. But then, I had horrible tummy issues with it and couldn't continue to see if I would feel the energy and hair growth boost.

I still believe it's a winner because so many have used it and been happy with results.

InBloom

In my new-growth
Sorry your tummy gets upset. Apparently some can't take the original version. Theres one where the liquid is aloe and folks say their tummy issues went awsy with that formula. T bh, my tummy doesnt like the the full dose either of the aloe. So I take 1tbsp 3 times a week or so and im fine.

My next experiment will be to try 1 tsp in my DC and see what happens :look:

Thank you for mentioning the aloe one..I may try again in the future