SMELL GOOD HAIR!!! How do you...

Dee-Licious

achieve sweet smelling hair. I'm not trying to cover up a smell like MTG :lol: but I do want my hair to smell sweet.

I'm almost thinking of spraying perfume in my hair, but of course I'm scared of alcohol :ohwell: in pefumes.

How do you ladies get your hair to smell sweet? A special leave-in, perfume on wet hair right before it dries, etc...?

OneInAMillion

I like Miss Key 10 en 1 conditioner for this reason. It has a fruity scent, and even if I blowdry after, my hair smells like this conditioner and NOT burn hair :lol: . Sometimes I even get compliments about how nice my hair smells when I deep condition with this.

LocksOfLuV

#1 for me is keeping the scarf clean. I wash my scarf twice a week with a nice fruity smelling clarifying shampoo or any smell-good shampoo I want to use up.

#2 for me is keeping the hair clean. now i haven't been too good on this since i am washing once per week but atleast it doesn't stank!:lol:

and finally using smell good products. for some reason i love love love the smell of CON shampoo after my hair has dried but too bad my hair doesn't like it. i always use a nice smell good moisturizer (V05 strawberries and cream).

Cheleigh

LocksOfLuV said:
#1 for me is keeping the scarf clean. I wash my scarf twice a week with a nice fruity smelling clarifying shampoo or any smell-good shampoo I want to use up.

#2 for me is keeping the hair clean. now i haven't been too good on this since i am washing once per week but atleast it doesn't stank!:lol:

and finally using smell good products. for some reason i love love love the smell of CON shampoo after my hair has dried but too bad my hair doesn't like it. i always use a nice smell good moisturizer (V05 strawberries and cream).

ITA with all the above.

Clean scarf/pillowcase; clean hair and great smelling products (my favorites for smell alone are the Freeman awapuhi/papaya conditioner and Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla leave-in).

HoneyDew

My regular shampoos and conditioners do it for me.

If I really want to go all out, I whip out my Victoria's Secret So Sexy shampoo and conditioner set. :D

Also, I have to shampoo and condition 2 times a week. By day 3 or 4 my hari starts smelling funny. :perplexed

ShaniKeys

Most of my hairproducts smell a-ama-zing! Scent is one of my reasons for picking products:lol: Carol Daughter's oils and leave-in conditioners smell terrific. I do have some hair mists - I know the alcohol is a no-no for the hair but they're just so irrisistible:p - I use them once a week or so.

sweetcashew

I use Victoria's secret so sexy conditioner everytime I wash. I just leave it on for about 1 min just to get the scent. The smell lasts until the next wash.

Divine Inspiration

LocksOfLuV said:

:yep: ITA. I also use Aceite 3 oil which smells heavenly!! I also add peppermint oil or lavendar oil for a pleasant scent that lasts.

Last edited:

LABETT

I pull out Bath & Body Works Cherry Blossom Conditioner or Victoria Secrets So Sexy Conditioner when I want my hair to smell yummy.
The sale ends Sunday if you wish to try any of these products.

cutiebe2

LocksOfLuV said:
that is a great idea. I usually put my scarf in the wash once a month (I baggy my whole head so it takes a while to get dirty) But using good smelling shampoo is a better idea.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I always use a Suave or V05 conditioner before I do a final rinse. Also, adding a sweet smelling oil to your leave in may help.

Dee-Licious

Hmmmm... looks like it's smell good conditioners that do the trick... guess I have to leave Humectress and Silk Elements alone for some sweet smelling ones...

Qetesh

my hair smells good from good smelling products, i wash it evert 3-4 days and i moisturize it with a good smelling moisturizer daily.
i like garnier sleek and shine leave in i use it as a daily moisturizer and it smells nice and fruity.

also just good smelling conditioners V05 or hello hydration and also good smelling deep conditioners Aussie Moist, Garnier... ext
also just having a nice smelling hair oil never hurts. my fiancee compliments me on how good my hair smells all the time. :)

wicky2828

I am big fan of the smell of Victoria's Secrets So Sexy conditioner. I just add a dallop of it to whatever other conditioner I am using and I can still smell it after I rinse it out

Wishin4BSL

Sunsilk multi-symptom masque is great for sweet-smelling hair that lasts until your next wash. I use it with every wash after deep conditioning just for the smell!

sylver2

LocksOfLuV said:

yup, I keep my scarves in a drawer with sweet smelling stuff also so when I put it on, the hair smells just like it.
Sometimes I use that suave milk n honey as a final final rinse or rub thru dry hair

Tee

sweetcashew said:
I use Victoria's secret so sexy conditioner everytime I wash. I just leave it on for about 1 min just to get the scent. The smell lasts until the next wash.

I have some of this and havent used it yet. I will have to pull it out.

To come products I dont like I whip out a lil.....Asha Heavenly Pudding. Don't sleep on that one. It smells soo good! The Gariner Leave In Conditioner smells really good also. (nothing like the Heavenly Pudding though!)

Isis

My hair seems to always smell good from my leave-ins and washing 2x each week. I too keep my scarf smelling good.

Someone mentioned in the past they always get compliments on how good their hair smells after using Minoi oil on it. I want to get some.:)

Tee

Isis said:
My hair seems to always smell good from my leave-ins and washing 2x each week. I too keep my scarf smelling good.

Someone mentioned in the past they always get compliments on how good their hair smells after using Minoi oil on it. I want to get some.:)

I love this oil but I dont think the smell just stand out like that. They do have many scents. Maybe the ones I have are just not that fragrant.

Tee

Isis said:

I just noticed the oils we are talking about looks different. That might be the reason the smell doesnt stand out to much for me.

I ordered mine from here.
http://www.monoi.com/oil.html

Last edited:

Zahrah

I shampoed on Sunday and bunned all week and when I took it out to poo last night, the smell of Keracare poo and cond was still there AMAZING! Ahhhhhh:)

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
That CB conditioner is GREAT!! It smells so heavenly, and it's also a pretty good product. I stock up on the moisturizing one when I can.

LABETT said:
I pull out Bath & Body Works Cherry Blossom Conditioner or Victoria Secrets So Sexy Conditioner when I want my hair to smell yummy.
The sale ends Sunday if you wish to try any of these products.