So Dissapointed and paranoid! Just Measured my hair

Angelicus

:( Yesterday I airdried my hair, then flat ironed it. I thought to myself, "I haven't measured since August. I wonder how much my hair has grown." So I went to get my tape measure and I think I measured wrong because...

I came up with the same numbers I had in August :shocked: almost a bit less :(

Ok I really think I measured wrong because there is no way my hair can be the same length, All it has been doing is growing. I do get a lot of shedding from Accutane.

I know my hair is growing, just look at my pictures in my album... but the ruler doesn't lie... or does it? :ohwell:

I think I did measure wrong because when I was trying to measure the middle section, I couldn't do it the old way (I usually hold the hair up *think Martin Short* and measure it from scalp to ends). But that way didn't work because my arms aren't long enough to do that anymore... yet another reason why I think the measurements are wrong.

I am going crazy! I think I need to just find someone to measure my hair so I can end my paranoia!

How is everyone measuring their hair anyway? Are you doing it yourself, or is someone else doing it?

*end of rambling* :grin:

anky said:
:( Yesterday I airdried my hair, then flat ironed it. I thought to myself, "I haven't measured since August. I wonder how much my hair has grown." So I went to get my tape measure and I think I measured wrong because...

Ok I really think I measured wrong because there is no way my hair can be the same length, All it has been doing is growing. I do get a lot of shedding from Accutane.

I know my hair is growing, just look at my pictures in my album... but the ruler doesn't lie... or does it? :ohwell:

I think I did measure wrong because when I was trying to measure the middle section, I couldn't do it the old way (I usually hold the hair up *think Martin Short* and measure it from scalp to ends). But that way didn't work because my arms aren't long enough to do that anymore... yet another reason why I think the measurements are wrong.

I am going crazy! I think I need to just find someone to measure my hair so I can end my paranoia!

How is everyone measuring their hair anyway? Are you doing it yourself, or is someone else doing it?

Have you tried from hairline to the back ends? Or holding up the tape measure against the top of your crown & grab where your back ends fall? :look:

anky said:

No Ank,

I can't measure as well either. My hair is getting to the point that I have to have hubby measure it because I can only go so far now. I guess I have to grow to a good length past this length I have now.

When I measure I do it from hairline to ends. This is more consistant for me. I was on the no measuring challenge with den1. When I did finally get around to measuring I was at 24". I was disappointed too until I realized that I'm 10 weeks post touch up! My roots are super thick. I'll measure after my touch up.

Are you due for a touch up?

Anky, quit being paranoid!!! Your hair is growing and it is beautiful.:yep: Hope you find a new way to measure that works as your hair gets longer and longer...

Anky I think it's the way you're measuring because the pics don't lie girl! Your hair is definitely growing!

Anky your hair is beautiful. Didn't you see the thread I dedicated to you? I am going to give up on measuring. I don't measure well either.

Ashee said:
Have you tried from hairline to the back ends? Or holding up the tape measure against the top of your crown & grab where your back ends fall? :look:

I have been measuring my hair the same way for over two years. I always measure the front part of my hair (like a bang), then the crown, and then the nape... I always do it from scalp to ends.

I have an idea, I just won't measure my hair anymore. I don't like being dissapointed like this :(

And yes, I am due for a touch up. I am always due for a touch-up :lol: the last three times i tried to do a relaxer ended up like I did nothing at all...

Your hair is definately growing! I gave up trying to measure my hair..I never get it right so I just measure against the same bra and with pics!

brownhaired_bonanza said:
I haven't measured my hair length IN YEARS. How's that for being parnoid? I'm just afraid of being disappointed. :nono:
I have never measured my hair :confused: and probably never will. I just want healthy and thick hair ;) But Anky your hair is lovely-I wouldn't worry too much-a lot of women on this list would love to have the healthly look and length that you have achieved-so be happy! :yep: not sad :sad:.

This may be a little unconventional, :look: but it has always worked for me: I measure the hairs that I shed, with the bulb attached. I either moisten a surface for the hair to stick to and measure, or I'll tape both ends of the hair to a dry surface and measure. I do get varying measurements, but I can still tell what my overall growth is. Anky, as long as you are healthy, your hair should be growing. I'm sure you just measured incorrectly.

I don't measure at all, I take pics (one day I'll start an album), and listen to everyone tell me how long my hair is getting:yay:...when I actually wear it down!

Maybe you should just keep track of your growth via pictures, they don't lie!!!

Back