So...I Big Chopped...

koolkittychick

Oh my goodness, you are the cutest little doll! I'm glad that your mom is coming around, and who knows, maybe you'll eventually convince her to go natural too! I say rock your curls for now; this is the best time in your natural hair journey, where your hair is still easy to maintain and make look cute while getting to know all its quirks, likes and dislikes. If you do that, then once you get to the "awkward" phase (not long enough to do a decent puff or big Afro, too long for a TWA), you will have a better handle on how to maintain and protect your hair on to longer lengths in style. :yep:

Kdiamond19

You are so pretty! I actually feel like your face is made to rock a short curly style! . . . Give it while before you braid it up!

overtherainbow

Oh my goodness, you are the cutest little doll! I'm glad that your mom is coming around, and who knows, maybe you'll eventually convince her to go natural too! I say rock your curls for now; this is the best time in your natural hair journey, where your hair is still easy to maintain and make look cute while getting to know all its quirks, likes and dislikes. If you do that, then once you get to the "awkward" phase (not long enough to do a decent puff or big Afro, too long for a TWA), you will have a better handle on how to maintain and protect your hair on to longer lengths in style. :yep:
Thanks! I wouldn't be surprised if my mom decides to go natural, since she is having problems with her hair as well. As for the braids, I'm still on the fence. I'm attending an intense week long work shop and I just want to have to worry about moisture and sealing. But I'm also not in the mood to hide my hair yet...