So I Decided To Staighten My Hair....(pics)

RockCreak

via flatiron that is. I am in progress of transitioning and thought I'd switch up today for a new style. I'm a little over 4 months post and it is difficult in dealing with the two textures... some products work... other do. :ohwell: Right now I've just been KISS-ing it because I found out that it benefits me most. :grin: Besides, I got tired of WNG, they were starting not to look so good. Tired of buns and ponies for right now. I will be revisiting them soon as I do not use heat in my hair alot.. :yep:. As a matter of fact this is the first time I've straightened my hair since July.

My routine: I prepooed with Alma Oil (all day yesterday) then last night I used VO5 poo and con (it's the only product my hair likes right now:ohwell:) and applied Silicon Mix (basically as a detangler). Once I rinsed, I sectioned the hair and applied a small (very small) amout of sheabutter/evco mix to NG and worked my way to the ends.....i then smooth out as much as possible... tied my silk scarf on and went to bed... This morning my hair was about 85% dry so I used a widetooth comb to open the hair... I let it dry for about another half hour then applied heat protectant and flat iron...here are my results....

This is after I took off the silk scarf:
Picture028.jpg

This was after I opened my hair to let dry a little more:
Picture029.jpg

I sectioned the hair into 4 and begin to flatiron (I part my hair in small sections so that I only have to run the flatiron over my hair "ONCE"):
Picture032.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Halfway done:
Picture034.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Done:
Picture039.jpg

ETA: I did the same on my dd's hair.....http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=412450

Last edited:
Looks great, how long is your hair? And new growth when stretched?

I was a little past APL then cut about 2in off in Aug.. I have grown back the 2inches with my hair stretched.. I plan on cutting as it grows....or at least as long as I can handle it.

Looks great. Your roots are so STRAIGHT. What kind of flat iron do you use

Thanks Natural Glow, I use the good ol' Gold N Hot 1in ceramic flatiron. I've had it so long, barely used... I didn't want to invest in another one right now.

nice and sleek -and shiny! Pin straight with one pass?! I'd like to know what flat iron u used also :yep:

nice and sleek -and shiny! Pin straight with one pass?! I'd like to know what flat iron u used also :yep:

I use the good ol' fashion Gold N Hot 1 inch flat iron. I think the key is to sections the hair in really small sections.. Oh! I also used a round brush with it.. Let me explain.. after I section the hair I used a soft bristle round brush to help smooth the hair in one hand and followed up with the flatiron along side the brush all the way to the end of the strand... slowly....

It looks awesome and you did it without blowdrying to boot

Yes I did, I didn't want to double up on the heat:nono: I'm protective of my thin hair...especially since I'm transitioning..:yep:!

Looks Good. Very nice results.

Your new growth also looks very wavy. Your texture looks like 3 something.

Wow!, Your hair looks Great, You pressed Your roots so well they look relaxed, going natural is a Good way to go, No need in putting Chemicals in to straighten, when You can just press it and go bone straight whenever You want to, Thats Wonderful! My hair is very similar, thats why I have been "SERIOUSLY" contemplating transitioning, You have inspired Me!

Last edited:
Wow!, Your hair looks Great, You pressed Your roots so well they look relaxed, going natural is a Good way to go, You can go bone straight whenever You want to, Thats Wonderful!

Thanks... I wasn't to sure as to how it was going to turn out.... I'm liking it....:grin::grin:. Especially since the winter months are ahead of me.. I don't have to worry about humidity..

Now it's gonna be a different story once the weather change again.... but I'll be back on my WNG by then.... :yep:

Your roots are so straight and your hair has a healthy shine to it. Do you use coconut oil?

Thanks HairGurl... yes I coconut oil.... evco from Walmart I forgot the name of that brand... or Vatika Oil mixed in with shea butter. :grin:

your hair looks good, and your new growth is really pretty.
lmao at you 'opening' your hair. i'm transitioning too and i knew EXACTLY what you mean. :lol:

Back