Tips for first-time Quick Weave (Half-Wig)

PaperClip

I just got my first quick weave (Outre half-wig). Any tips on how to maintain and to blend with my hair? Thanks for your help!

chiprecious

Oh I love my half caps!! Depending on kind you hair YOU bought, I would either roll (at night) my hair and blend it into the half wig. Or most times (since I'm lazy) I:
1. simply pull all my hair back and put it in place with a roller clip or those long clips.
2. I dig through those little holes in the back of it and pull that clip out and wiggle my finger to make my own hair underneath flatter
3. cover the front with a wide headband or a cute silk scarf to match my outfit. I get rave review when I do the scarf look.

The latter is easiest, especially for the newbie.

One thing I have noticed it that I have to be super careful with my kitchen area and the comb. So I apply lots of oil back there so the comb slides inor out. My 4b hair kinda grabs hold of it and doesn't like to let it go.

GO LUCK!!!

Oooh, that's going to look very nice. I'm also going to get a half wig and do the scarf method. For me it's the easiest way to blend. I hope someone else here can help, good topic

PaperClip

Happy update! I was gonna give this half-wig away, but I wore it for the first time today and I really like it! Please know that I am excited because I never thought I would get so crafty with this hair thing...these are big steps for me! :) Thank y'all for the encouragement and your example!