So my hair is breaking... and Im at a loss.

Tamrin

unapologetic
The advice the ladies gave you are on point. Lay off the heavy conditioners as a Co wash, The Serum and def the flat iron. Do a silk wrap after if you feel your roller set was not quiet right. To clarify try Baking soda. Good luck. It will work out.

Amber_moon

The advice the ladies gave you are on point. Lay off the heavy conditioners as a Co wash, The Serum and def the flat iron. Do a silk wrap after if you feel your roller set was not quiet right. To clarify try Baking soda. Good luck. It will work out.

Whats a silk wrap?

Lady Esquire

All I have to do is run my fingers though it, and no matter how soft or conditioned it is, I get a tangle and hair breaks off.

Every two days I wash or co-wash with Oyin Grand Poo bar, and Honey hemp condish. or NTM moisture mask. If there is build up on my hair, I will rinse with ACV and honey.

Then I use, NTM silk touch leave in, Juice and berries spray from Oyin, and a few drops of NTM healing serum.

Let air dry, then flat iron into style, or braid up, let air dry and then finger comb.

I wrap it at night, and only use a Wide tooth comb and a peg paddle brush every once in a blue moon.

Im starting to get discouraged, because I have no idea WHY my hair is breaking off.

I just texlaxed on thrus. and used ORS Olive oil relaxer mixed with about 1/2 of EVOO, and only left it in for about 15 min. It knocked out SOME of the curl but not all. Then I conditioned with Hair Mayo, and then neutralized. I deep conditioned with ORS replenishing pak and then air dried. My hair is STILL BREAKING. The day before I relaxed I put two eggs in my hair and let them sit for about 30 min.

I dont know what to do.

Try to lay off the shampoo or find another shampoo that has less harsh detergents. Are you shampooing only your scalp? Cause if you're shampooing your hair as well, on such a frequent basis, that can be drying it out. Do the Crown and Glory method of shampooing hair if you are not already doing so. And try more co-washes to keep the hair clean but more moisturized.

How often are you flat ironing?

How are you wrapping? This is such a sneaky culprit that causes thinning over time.

You say you are texlaxed, but are you sure that you are not underprocessed? I know that a major reason why I have breakage is due to the fact that my hair is underprocessed in the middle of the strand and the strands are weakened at the demarcation line. It is susceptible to breakage at that point - even with the slightest manipulation.

Lay off of the protein, and do some deep conditioning for a while and incorporate less but periodic protein. You may also have protein overload with the eggs, mayo, and etc.

Hope you get to the bottom of it. :hug2:

Amber_moon

Try to lay off the shampoo or find another shampoo that has less harsh detergents. Are you shampooing only your scalp? Cause if you're shampooing your hair as well, on such a frequent basis, that can be drying it out. Do the Crown and Glory method of shampooing hair if you are not already doing so. And try more co-washes to keep the hair clean but more moisturized.

How often are you flat ironing?

How are you wrapping? This is such a sneaky culprit that causes thinning over time.

You say you are texlaxed, but are you sure that you are not underprocessed? I know that a major reason why I have breakage is due to the fact that my hair is underprocessed in the middle of the strand and the strands are weakened at the demarcation line. It is susceptible to breakage at that point - even with the slightest manipulation.

Lay off of the protein, and do some deep conditioning for a while and incorporate less but periodic protein. You may also have protein overload with the eggs, mayo, and etc.

Hope you get to the bottom of it. :hug2:

I guess I am a little bit under processed. There are spots on my head that are BONE STRAIGHT and parts that are curly.

silverlotus

Whats a silk wrap?

A silk wrap is when after you rollerset, you wrap your hair in saran wrap & then sit under the dryer for about 10 mins or so. Your hair is supposed to come out silky & straight, but I've never tried it myself. Lots of people have good results with it, though.

About the oil, just about anything will do. I use sweet almond oil b/c it is light. Other options are meadowfoam oil, olive oil, avocado oil, coconut... lol, you get the picture.

I also agree LadyEsquire about the harsh shampoo. If you must wash so often, use a moisturizing poo like CON. The other option is only using 'poo no more than once a week or so.