So Sad At Hair Loss *link To Pics*

SouthernJewel

exceeding expectations...
I see in your journal you mentioned you haven't combed since 09/10, maybe thats why it looks to be so much hair lost? I dunno, I dont think its that bad ( from what I get from the pics). But I do understand your frustration... To answer your questions: I dont think anything went wrong ( its look like 10 days worth of shedded hair). HTH

mzhotniz86

I see in your journal you mentioned you haven't combed since 09/10, maybe thats why it looks to be so much hair lost? I dunno, I dont think its that bad ( from what I get from the pics). But I do understand your frustration...

i thought that too, but ive never had tangles like that before on any other wash and i usually dont comb my hair. it still isnt even completely dry so i cant tell if i have any real damage or not ...yet :perplexed

InnerSoul

wow girl:shocked:

Sorry you had to go thru this.. atleast I see that I am not the only one with setbacks. My last journal entry was about my loss of hair too:sad:.

I read your journal entry and I honestly don't know why that happened. If its been a long time since you combed through your hair, then maybe it was just shedding hair that got tangled up and formed a ball. I have never used egg in my hair... maybe it was too much protein.. but if you have used egg before and this didn't happen then I am as much at a loss to why it happened as you. *shrugs*

don't get too down about it:runninghug:.. I bet you still have lots of pretty hair on your head and you may not be able to tell where the loss came from on your hair once its styled.

Last edited:

Tamrin

unapologetic
It could be just dead hairs. Im sorry this happened to you. I have been doing the low manipulation thing also. I had to find ways to detangle. I usually do that in the show with lots of conditioner and water. To avoid that much loss try using the Dominican rinses. like Lafier, Lady fior, La bomba or Capilo Balsam etc. The rinse really works. Once again Im so sorry.

KhandiB

OMG, I had that happen to me too

My advice would be, next time you do a heavt protien like that, follow up immediately with a Moisturizing conditioner.

I use egg and it makes hair hard to manage, I rinse add conditioner immediately and DC ..

You not combing for a while probably had alot to do with it, as well and being 8 weeks post, with me anyways.. once I get to 6 weeks my hair starts shedding like crazy.

to this

mzhotniz86

wow girl:shocked:

Sorry you had to go thru this.. atleast I see that I am not the only one with setbacks. My last journal entry was about my loss of hair too:sad:.

I read your journal entry and I honestly don't know why that happened. If its been a long time since you combed through your hair, then maybe it was just shedding hair that got tangled up and formed a ball. I have never used egg in my hair... maybe it was too much protein.. but if you have used egg before and this didn't happen then I am as much at a loss to why it happened as you. *shrugs*

don't get too down about it:runninghug:.. I bet you still have lots of pretty hair on your head and you may not be able to tell where the loss came from on your hair once its styled.

thanks, i dont feel alone now . and that smilie is too cute lol. yeh, ive used egg before with coconut milk, and my hair got tangled, but it was very strong

mzhotniz86

It could be just dead hairs. Im sorry this happened to you. I have been doing the low manipulation thing also. I had to find ways to detangle. I usually do that in the show with lots of conditioner and water. To avoid that much loss try using the Dominican rinses. like Lafier, Lady fior, La bomba or Capilo Balsam etc. The rinse really works. Once again Im so sorry.

yeh, i saw the la bomba at my bss, in a black jar right? i started to get it but i had no clue what it was for lol. and it the ingredients say it has 'proteins' in it, but they dont specify which ones. so i put it back lol

mzhotniz86

OMG, I had that happen to me too

My advice would be, next time you do a heavt protien like that, follow up immediately with a Moisturizing conditioner.

I use egg and it makes hair hard to manage, I rinse add conditioner immediately and DC ..

You not combing for a while probably had alot to do with it, as well and being 8 weeks post, with me anyways.. once I get to 6 weeks my hair starts shedding like crazy.

to this

oh wow. yep it looked just like this. and then when the tangles come out these long strands of hair come with it. very depressing... i put the design express moisturizing con on it after i rinsed the protein, but i didnt deep condition with it. i only left it on for about 2 minutes :look: i think that may have been where i messed up.i was in such a rush to hurry and do my hair but i shouldve sat under the dryer with that on. thank you for the tip

Tamrin

unapologetic
yeh, i saw the la bomba at my bss, in a black jar right? i started to get it but i had no clue what it was for lol. and it the ingredients say it has 'proteins' in it, but they dont specify which ones. so i put it back lol

Then try the Lafier or Capilo. Girl Im 15 weeks post, I had to make an art out of dtangling. I have the capilo (pink one) by the Gallon it was 13 bucks and worth it. What do you thing the Dominican use to detangle. They hide it like its top secret. LOL

sunnydaze

Hey girlie,

I recently posted something similar under the "how many hairs do you lose daily" thread. I have been bunning it for a while and over the last month I got a bit lazy and would wash, condition and pull back to dry and pin in a bun the next day - all without detangling. When I went to detangle, my hair was actually dredding in certain areas. When I went to comb it out,huge chunks of my hair came out (look at KhandB's large pic. That was me, but multiply that about 4 times) I was in tears. I was sure about 25% of my hair had come out.

Turns out my hair is fine and I don't see much evidence of breakage. I just learned that my hair sheds alot and I really need to detangle every time. :)

mzhotniz86

Then try the Lafier or Capilo. Girl Im 15 weeks post, I had to make an art out of dtangling. I have the capilo (pink one) by the Gallon it was 13 bucks and worth it. What do you thing the Dominican use to detangle. They hide it like its top secret. LOL

yeh, ill prolly check those when i go back out to the dominican store. i hate going in there cause they stare at me like im a freaking alien lol. how are they used ? do you poo and condition like regular and then put it on, or do you use in between? and how long does it have to stay on the hair?

mzhotniz86

Hey girlie,

I recently posted something similar under the "how many hairs do you lose daily" thread. I have been bunning it for a while and over the last month I got a bit lazy and would wash, condition and pull back to dry and pin in a bun the next day - all without detangling. When I went to detangle, my hair was actually dredding in certain areas. When I went to comb it out,huge chunks of my hair came out (look at KhandB's large pic. That was me, but multiply that about 4 times) I was in tears. I was sure about 25% of my hair had come out.

Turns out my hair is fine and I don't see much evidence of breakage. I just learned that my hair sheds alot and I really need to detangle every time. :)

thats exactly how it was too lol. like i was trying to comb dreds out. hopefully when my hair dries, i wont see much breakage either. i almost started crying when i HEARD the hair snappin and poppin and ripping , makes me cringe :nono:
i keep pulling little sections out of my clip all over to see how my ends look, but i still cant tell

Tamrin

unapologetic
yeh, ill prolly check those when i go back out to the dominican store. i hate going in there cause they stare at me like im a freaking alien lol. how are they used ? do you poo and condition like regular and then put it on, or do you use in between? and how long does it have to stay on the hair?

Your local BSS should carry Capilo and Lafier. You poo and DC as usual. The rinses are the last step. I put a lot on and let it stay on for 1 minute and let the shower run on it as I detangle. Get yourself a Jilbere Shower comb its at Sally's for 1.49 and my best investment. I have 5 now.

mzhotniz86

Your local BSS should carry Capilo and Lafier. You poo and DC as usual. The rinses are the last step. I put a lot on and let it stay on for 1 minute and let the shower run on it as I detangle. Get yourself a Jilbere Shower comb its at Sally's for 1.49 and my best investment. I have 5 now.

oh ok. i will have to try these out for my next wash. thank u!

sareca

I don't think it's that bad either. :nono:

But for future reference don't comb dreads. :eek: Gently pull one strand of hair at a time from the mass until it's small enough to separate with your fingers.

mzhotniz86

I don't think it's that bad either. :nono:

But for future reference don't comb dreads. :eek: Gently pull one strand of hair at a time from the mass until it's small enough to separate with your fingers.

i was trying to do that but as i pulled the hair would streeeetch and then pop and i could feel it tearing apart. so i started blowdrying a little bit and then combing from the bottom up. my hair felt weak still. i think a lot of the breakage is around the front, because the back of my hair was trimmed and it was nothing to detangle it. i combed it right through. but i know now for the next time

btw, your hair is very pretty