"So, then you will know them by their fruit"

chicacanella

This is what Jesus says in Matthew 7:15.

In the previous versus he says, 16"You will (N)know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?

17"So (O)every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit.
18"A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. 19"(P)Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

So, I love you all and asked myself this question also. What am I doing or what kind of fruit am I bearing? I know that I haven't witnessed to my next door neighbor ever and I can count the number of times I've prayed for them on one hand. How can you live next to someone forever and not have witnessed to them? I am going to pray for her and that God leads me by His holy spirit to know how to approach this situation.

Jesus says that a bad tree will be cut down in thrown into the fire. So what does someone call a tree that doesn't bear any fruit; a bad tree. I don't want to be those kinds of trees and I pray that you don't either.

Nice & Wavy

This is what Jesus says in Matthew 7:15.

In the previous versus he says, 16"You will (N)know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?

17"So (O)every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit.
18"A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. 19"(P)Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

So, I love you all and asked myself this question also. What am I doing or what kind of fruit am I bearing? I know that I haven't witnessed to my next door neighbor ever and I can count the number of times I've prayed for them on one hand. How can you live next to someone forever and not have witnessed to them? I am going to pray for her and that God leads me by His holy spirit to know how to approach this situation.

Jesus says that a bad tree will be cut down in thrown into the fire. So what does someone call a tree that doesn't bear any fruit; a bad tree. I don't want to be those kinds of trees and I pray that you don't either.

Remember, witnessing Christ to someone is not only speaking to them about Him, but living your life the way Christ lived His.

You may plant, someone else will water, and God will give the increase.

I think praying is the first step and if the Holy Spirit leads you to say something to your neighbors, it will happen.

You are special, Chicacenella, just for wanting to do more for the Kingdom. God knows your heart!

Blessings.

chicacanella

Remember, witnessing Christ to someone is not only speaking to them about Him, but living your life the way Christ lived His.

I think praying is the first step and if the Holy Spirit leads you to say something to your neighbors, it will happen.

You are special, Chicacenella, just for wanting to do more for the Kingdom. God knows your heart!

Blessings.

Yes, I know God will show me how to do this the right way.:grin:

cocoberry10

Yes. God sees our hearts when we do things. And the fact that you want to be better shows that you have a good heart. Allow God to show you how to minister to your neighbor!

KnottyGurl

Interesting. I never thought about witnessing like that. :yep:

Blessings.