I just read that

Leigh

Joel Osteen has left Christianity. If this is true...the enemy ain't slick.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you:depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matt 7:21-23

You don't know the love of God and denounce it. It was always in him to do this.

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Matt 7:13-20

He got all those people on board. All those people believing and following him. Now that he has a vast and solid following, now that he has great wealth, he pulls this bait and switch routine. It was the plan all along.

The bible is the inspired Word of God. It is true. All these spiritual laws used by the enemy is just the Word perverted. A ploy to use Godly principles while taking God out of it. Law of attraction ain't nothing but ask, believe, receive. But instead of going back to the main house and using the luxury bath, the world has pulled people toward that flimsy out house.

Avidprayer

Good Morning,

I read the same thing and then went to research to se if this story was valid. I haven't come to a definitive answer at this moment, however I haven't found any evidence to support this story.

I pray that it isn't true, although I will say that he is more of a motivational speaker than he is a Preacher.

edit: Grammatical reasons

JaneBond007

To what? Anybody have a link? I would be conservative until learning the truth. And even if he did, I'd be merciful and not judgmental. People suffer internally, esp. leaders of large organizations, and they should remain in prayer. I hope people do not put him down if he has (in the christian media) and I hope they remain prayerful, realizing that it could be them.

ETA: That is propaganda, from the appearance of it. Mud-slinging because of his stance on Prop 8. He clearly states he believes in marriage between a man/woman.

Last edited:

Avidprayer

To what? Anybody have a link? I would be conservative until learning the truth. And even if he did, I'd be merciful and not judgmental. People suffer internally, esp. leaders of large organizations, and they should remain in prayer. I hope people do not put him down if he has (in the christian media) and I hope they remain prayerful, realizing that it could be them.

ETA: That is propaganda, from the appearance of it. Mud-slinging because of his stance on Prop 8. He clearly states he believes in marriage between a man/woman.

Right this is the reason why I stated that I was attempting to do further research before I accepted it as fact. When I researched it I couldn't find any sources beyond one website that hasn't been proven to belong to the Osteen's (grammar?) Ministry.

Loving

I read it too and I believe it is a hoax.

I saw the link to his 'statement'. The website address spells his name OSTEN. The correct spelling of his name is OSTEEN.

JaneBond007

He got all those people on board. All those people believing and following him. Now that he has a vast and solid following, now that he has great wealth, he pulls this bait and switch routine. It was the plan all along.

It's a hoax.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
The devil is a liar and there is no truth in him. :nono:

Pastor Joel and Victoria are innocent until God says otherwise.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
No offense but I always thought of him as a motivational speaker...

He is an 'Exhorter', one who gives hope.

2 Timothy 4:2 - Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Don't throw away the 'gift' to the Body of Christ. If he's leading under false doctrine, allow the Holy Spirit open and expose it...not vicious rumors.