The Fig Tree

Leigh

Revelation 5:5
And one of the elders said to me, “Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals.”

In Rev 5:5, Jesus is referred to as the Lion of the tribe of Judah. But I've always thought of the passage in 1 Pet 5:8 that says the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. Yet this morning I was reminded of Rev 5:5, and I realize that throughout the bible there are references to lions regarding courage, strength, honor, and peace.

The Word of the day comes from Proverbs 27:18

Whoever tends a fig tree will eat its fruit,
and he who guards his master will be honored. (ESV)

The one who guards a fig tree will eat its fruit, and whoever protects their master will be honored. (NIV)

A fig tree has strong, deep, and nutrient filled roots. They have to be guarded from predators. Using a gopher, the reason the fig tree has to be guarded from gophers is because they like to gnaw on the roots to get the nutrients and by doing so the tree is then unable to produce FRUIT.

When the scripture says, one will eat its fruit. It means that one will reap the rewards. Look at like we are the fig tree and producing fruit. Now remember, that we are referred to as trees in the NT. John 15:2 says He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, and prunes the branches that do so they will be even more fruitful (painful personal development). Matt 7:19 says He cuts down every tree that bears no good fruit and throws it in the fire.

So then we are to guard ourselves so that we produce fruit. Proverbs 4:23 Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.

The gopher eating/gnawing at the roots prevent the tree from producing fruit because the roots are damaged. People and things can be gophers in disguise. Cuz remember that everything God creates the enemy duplicates in order to sabotage our salvation. He is a defeated soul and wants to take as many of Gods chosen as he can. That sale at Macy's may not be a great sale but a gopher. That good friend may not be a good friend but a gopher. 1 Cor 15:33 Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”

2 Cor 6:14-18

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers:for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

John 17:15-17

I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.

John 15:18-19

“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

Rom 12:2

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

So don't allow the enemy to kill your roots, to damage your roots, or to distort them through fallacy.

Nice & Wavy

And one of the elders said to me, “Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals.”

In Rev 5:5, Jesus is referred to as the Lion of the tribe of Judah. But I've always thought of the passage in 1 Pet 5:8 that says the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. Yet this morning I was reminded of Rev 5:5, and I realize that throughout the bible there are references to lions regarding courage, strength, honor, and peace.

The one who guards a fig tree will eat its fruit, and whoever protects their master will be honored. (NIV)

A fig tree has strong, deep, and nutrient filled roots. They have to be guarded from predators. Using a gopher, the reason the fig tree has to be guarded from gophers is because they like to gnaw on the roots to get the nutrients and by doing so the tree is then unable to produce FRUIT.

When the scripture says, one will eat its fruit. It means that one will reap the rewards. Look at like we are the fig tree and producing fruit. Now remember, that we are referred to as trees in the NT. John 15:2 says He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, and prunes the branches that do so they will be even more fruitful (painful personal development). Matt 7:19 says He cuts down every tree that bears no good fruit and throws it in the fire.

So then we are to guard ourselves so that we produce fruit. Proverbs 4:23 Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.

The gopher eating/gnawing at the roots prevent the tree from producing fruit because the roots are damaged. People and things can be gophers in disguise. Cuz remember that everything God creates the enemy duplicates in order to sabotage our salvation. He is a defeated soul and wants to take as many of Gods chosen as he can. That sale at Macy's may not be a great sale but a gopher. That good friend may not be a good friend but a gopher. 1 Cor 15:33 Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers:for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.

“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

So don't allow the enemy to kill your roots, to damage your roots, or to distort them through fallacy.
Excellent post!!!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

Leigh, this is excellent. Thank you for sharing this. :up:

The bolded is such a strong message for us as Believers in Christ Jesus.

We've come too far in our Faith in the Lord to be robbed of this so precious a Gift, that was paid for by the pain and suffering and the Blood of Jesus. When I look back at 'the world' and what it has to offer,

I don't ever want lose what I've been given in Jesus, only to bear the regrets of hearing.... "....and you gave it up for 'that'? ! ?

The world has nothing on Jesus...

Praise God...

sweetvi

girl I don't know if you listened to the Girlfriend's Pray hotline this morning but the guest they had on named Pastor Cory touched on the Fig Tree!!!!! WOWWWWW Leigh

Confirmation!

he basically said that Gophers are attracted to the Fig Tree and like to go for their roots. So people would have guard dogs surrounding them to protect it. He went on to mention that the enemy (the devil, friends, family) are like Gophers waiting to pounce on our roots and cause us to die spiritually. Even some people we trust can be secretly Jealous and seeks out to harm us or make us stray. We must have discernment, wisdom and be prayed up in order to detect these gophers and be safe. In other words, we must activate :

G.A.S. : Gopher Alert System

...This was right on time Thanks Leigh

sweetvi

sorry I got excited reading this and responded without first reading, and did not notice you posted the same thing... lol I love it!