Softening New Growth

Galleta

Hi ladies,

How and what products can I use to soften my newgrowth. I am 4a/4b and I lost a lot of progress during my 20 week relaxer stretch due to my newgrowth being extremely tangled and matted. I want to continue stretching but it seems like the longer my hair gets the harder it is to tame the newgrowth and to detangle it.

I like silicon mix when I start getting a lot of new growth, I am sitting here with some in my hair right now as a matter of fact:lachen:

That's a good question. I'm 19 weeks post (but I've been wearing braids and Kinky Twists). I'm using S-Curl on my NG. Bumping for more replies...

good post
ive been wondering the same thing
im 6mnths into my transition and my
hair is super duper dry:sad:

I swear by Miss Keys 10 en 1. I'm about 10 weeks post and this stuff has a comb gliding through like butter. I'm so in love with it. :love:

I like ORS Replenishing Conditioner or ORS Pak. I'm 8 months post relaxer and my comb glides through my hair when I use that, as long as I DC and detangle every week under running water with the conditioner in my hair. I really saturate my new growth with the conditioner before I DC.

I used a glycerin mix over the weekend and my new growth feels a lot better. I am about almost 2 months post.

Back