Sooo.....*clears throat* I FINALLY made BSL!!!

Congrats!!! Our shrinkage aint nothing nice...I often tell people if you see a natural with a tight bun/ponytail her hair is longer than you think:grin:

Congrats! That is not a little accomplishment.

I'm surprised we got this far in the thread and no one asked what's your regi.

Your hair looks to be my type btwn a 4a/b besides protective styling and deep conditioning what else do you do?

I'm about apl now and your right I seem to be stuck there. When I get to be your current length I'll be at goal. My hair is too thick & too much to care for to aspire to be any longer.

Ladies, thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate it!

For the ladies between APL and BSL, you'll be there before you know it! :yep:

msdeevee said:
Congrats! That is not a little accomplishment.

I'm surprised we got this far in the thread and no one asked what's your regi.

Your hair looks to be my type btwn a 4a/b besides protective styling and deep conditioning what else do you do?

I'm about apl now and your right I seem to be stuck there. When I get to be your current length I'll be at goal. My hair is too thick & too much to care for to aspire to be any longer.

Here's my regimen:
Every week before I wash, I prepoo with coconut oil and HE Long Term Relationship condish. I do this to help get out any shed hair from the week.
I wash my hair in four sections with Creme of Nature Argan Oil shampoo and detangle only with my shower comb.
I then DC for at least 30 minutes. I use various deep conditioners but my favorites are Silk Dreams Vanilla cream moisture dream DC and Bee Mine's Deep conditioner. Sometimes, I give my hair a final rinse with burdock or nettle tea.
I then twist up my hair with one of my moisturizers (KBB's hair milk or Qhemet Burdock Root Butter Cream) and a bit of oil for the week in medium size twists and I put them in a bun or updo for the week.
I moisturize during the week when needed. My strands are pretty fine and can get weighed down easily if I put too much product in it. I oil my ends at least twice a week. And I always sleep with my satin bonnet.

I also do a hard protein treatment every six weeks or so.

I can't wear wash and go's because the tangles would be too much.
I've also learned the value of doing search and destroys instead of trims.

I think thats about everything! :)

Here's my regimen:
Every week before I wash, I prepoo with coconut oil and HE Long Term Relationship condish. I do this to help get out any shed hair from the week.
I wash my hair in four sections with Creme of Nature Argan Oil shampoo and detangle only with my shower comb.
I then DC for at least 30 minutes. I use various deep conditioners but my favorites are Silk Dreams Vanilla cream moisture dream DC and Bee Mine's Deep conditioner. Sometimes, I give my hair a final rinse with burdock or nettle tea.
I then twist up my hair with one of my moisturizers (KBB's hair milk or Qhemet Burdock Root Butter Cream) and a bit of oil for the week in medium size twists and I put them in a bun or updo for the week.
I moisturize during the week when needed. My strands are pretty fine and can get weighed down easily if I put too much product in it. I oil my ends at least twice a week. And I always sleep with my satin bonnet.

I also do a hard protein treatment every six weeks or so.

I can't wear wash and go's because the tangles would be too much.
I've also learned the value of doing search and destroys instead of trims.

I think thats about everything! :)

Thanks for sharing, that's just about what I do. I had to admit to myself about 2 months ago that I wasn't DC'ing like I should . I would usually wash or co-wash and then would be too lazy to do anything more than a leave-in most times but now I am pre-pooing and DC'ing and I'm seeing more moisture already.

Hoping to get to MBL by the end of 2013.

Congrats!!! I can only imagine how thick and gorge a fluffy blow out would be on you :). How long did it take from APL to bsl

Back