Any issues with your expensive professional flat iron?

Any issues with your Professional Expensive Flat Iron???

• I own a pro flat iron for 3+years, it still works.

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • I owned a pro iron for 3+years, it stopped working correctly.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I own a pro flat iron for less than 2 years, it still works.

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • I owned a pro flat iron for less than 2 years, it stopped working correctly.

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

Mizani_Mrs

I would like to know how many of you ladies have had an issue with your expensive professional ceramic flat iron, whether its a Chi, Fhi, Solia, Sedu, or MaxiGlide??? I am asking because I owned a Sedu for the past 3yrs and firstly the plates werent lined up properly so it wouldn't close flat...which makes me wonder how in the H&LL did this flat-iron pass inspection???? Then it stopped working like after 1.5years... And reading the reviews on folica.com...a good number of customers had the same experience. Then i was very close to purchasing a CHI iron, then i went to folica.com and read all of the negative reviews about the iron not working after 6 months or so...At least 60% of the reviews were negative!! :mad: Ditto for the Solia.

I mean, how is it possible for an expensive flatiron, to break so easily???? :confused: Why are these irons passing inspection if the plates are crooked? Why are so many customers experiencing electrical shorts? I am a little bit pissed at these companies because even though the plates itself are probably quality (made 100% ceramic & tourmaline), but the rest of the iron should be well constructed quality as well. When i pay my $130, i expect my iron to last years and years and years. H&ll my gold n hot lasted for a good 7yrs...why can't an expensive iron??? Are we being ripped off???

I've had my Chi for about 2 years if not more now, and I have no problems with it. It heats up just as hot as it did the first day I got it. There are no problems with the plates whatsover. I love my chi. I considered getting a maxiglide too, since you can do the steam thing, but I changed my mind and decided to just stick with the CHI.

It's worth every penny!! You could also try the Sally's generic CHI, I know a few ladies on here have it and like it.

I don't have any issues with my Maxiglide other than I wish I hadn't purchased it. It works fine but I've prob used it 10 times since I purchased it. 5 times on my hair and 5 times on my daughters.

I always make sure that I fill out any warranty info, because you never know when you'll need it.

yeah, the on/off roller-like power switch on my maxiglide isn't working. and i never submitted the warranty.

just may be for the best tho... my hair doesn't need anymore heat for awhile.

:ohwell:

dlewis said:
I don't have any issues with my Maxiglide other than I wish I hadn't purchased it.

Agreed. I see naturals getting their hair relaxer straight with this iron, but my hair laughs at this iron. It has NEVER gotten my hair straight...steam and all. I liked it...I didn't find it too bulky, I liked the size of the plates, I liked the steam function...but the iron just wouldn't get my hair straight and sleek.

I tried various techniques and products to no avail. I finally gave up and sold it and purchased a traditional ceramic iron that has worked like a dream.

DSylla said:
yeah, the on/off roller-like power switch on my maxiglide isn't working. and i never submitted the warranty.

just may be for the best tho... my hair doesn't need anymore heat for awhile.

:ohwell:

yah, the temperture dial that you use to adjust the temp...stopped working...when I try to set it on 5 for instance even I only use the 1 temp...when I do use my maxi...it's like it's stripped or something but it will heat up on 1...which is cool....and nope...I didn't submit my warrantly either:look: I want to get another flatiron, just to have but I am so torn between which one to get because of all the raves:perplexed

tsmith said:
yah, the temperture dial that you use to adjust the temp...stopped working...when I try to set it on 5 for instance even I only use the 1 temp...when I do use my maxi...it's like it's stripped or something but it will heat up on 1...which is cool....and nope...I didn't submit my warrantly either:look: I want to get another flatiron, just to have but I am so torn between which one to get because of all the raves:perplexed

mine won't even power on. it's like the dial is off it's rollers or something... :perplexed

I just ordered a Solia off of folica.com... I wish that thing would act up, i'll send it back with the quickness!!

DSylla said:
mine won't even power on. it's like the dial is off it's rollers or something... :perplexed

mine is off the rollers too but when I plug it in the wall. It comes on. I'm getting another flairon..which one IDK:confused:

oobrittany said:
I just ordered a Solia off of folica.com... I wish that thing would act up, i'll send it back with the quickness!!

I would send mine back but I don't have the receipt cuz I bought it last December but next time I'll keep the receipt and make sure I submit the warranty cuz that's too much $ to just throw away:)

I've had my FHI for maybe 2 years. No problems. I use it every 1-2 weeks. Tyra Banks' stylist uses a FHI to style Tyra's hair.

My CHI Turbo still works, but the velvet around the front and bottom of the plates is coming off. Which can be frustrating. I now use my Truecermaicpro.

ive got an issue with my Chi turbo iron (GRRR),,, it just yesterday stoppled working on anything but the highest setting (again), this problem just resolved on its own but started again yesterday and i dont only use it on the highest setting so ill have to get a new iron soon...

I did just purchase a new pair of CHI irons because the plate in my old ones are coming off, however, that is my fault from dropping them so many times. I could have gotten new pair but trade secret wont exchange them unless you have a box. Besides that I have never had a problem with my babies.

I have had my CHI for 3 years, still works great, but I just purchased a pink CHI. I'm not sure why I did it, just wanted another. I'll give my mom the old one, she has been asking for it.

i've had my Hai convertable flat iron for a few years now. the power light has flickered from day one, but i haven't had any problems with it heating up or getting my hair straight.

Back