Sorry but u're black, u MUST be bald.

growth2come

I have noticed this as well even though we usually run a season behind....maybe these people need to see some letters about this....because surely they can think the only look black girls can carry off is the short haired look on this show??!!!....What are there reasons....they have a habit off starting off with that patronising crap about the girl having the right head for a short cut...nonsense....who says you need to cut your hair to win the show???

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
It is intimidating to them to work with a "texture" different than their own :rolleyes:

I was leaving work yesterday and this dude with dreds always talks to me on my way. He was at the door with a white woman and he left his convo to say goodbye to me. If you saw how she tried to size me up: height, weight, hair, et cetera. Unfortunately for her she had nothing to feel superior about. Her hair was longer but oily and limp but my hair was swanging all over the place looking pretty. I made sure to do a hair toss as I left and quickly put it in a bun with my hair chopstick :grin:

Take that boo!!!!!!

glamazon386

I hate to be a descenter, but most of the time on ANTM or WNTW they do the opposite of what the person normally wears. On ANTM they also add hair or they take away hair to bring out facial features, not only to the black women, but all of the women. They add weave to the white girls hair also! On WNTW he always tries to give the person a drastic change and most of the time people's hair is eaten up by heat and products anyway. So, while they do chop often, I do not think that it is promoting a stereotype as much as getting people to go in a completely different direction to promote change. Just my opinion and observation

I would agree. Most of the time people with long hair don't have any style to their hair anyway. It's just hanging there. It's not doing anything for their face. Models are not supposed to look boring. And the ones with the weaved up chewed up hair need help too. The experience they are getting is valuable. You are having professionals in the industry you're trying to break into give you a makeover and start you off on the right foot FOR FREE. If you already had a weave, more than likely the one they give you is going to be 10x better. A lot of these new looks take them to the next level and make them stand out from the pack. Most new models would kill for the chance to have industry professionals mold them.

ETA: I have watched every season of ANTM and they do not cut or weave ALL the black girl's hair. And I've seen more white girls throw a tantrum over the black ones when it came to getting the hair cut. Cassandra (I think that was her name) went home and pretty much gave up her slot on the show over a damn hair cut.

Last edited:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
It annoys the heck out of me too. If I were on a makeover show I'd have to make them sign a contract not to touch my hair....if allowed. If not, I'd tell them to weave my own hair up if they want a drastic change. They can dye the weave blue and cut it in a mohawk for all I care but not my hair. Re the models, they'd do anything to be America's next top model. I'm sure they think well, it's just hair and it'll grow back. Failing that I'll wear a weave but I'm not going to ruin my chances of being ANTM.

vpoetic

What also gets on my nerves is when they put in these really long "seriously fake" looking weaves, with crazy highlight. Come on know these stylist are supposed to be professional, why to the women look like they just bought the hair at a local grocery store and put it in themselves.:perplexed

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
I kinda agree but on the other hand I feel like we're the only ones who can pull that look off. I had my head shaved to fade and I don't wanna brag but I rocked it. I've seen white women with shaved heads and honestly, it's not a good look for them. I'm sure some of them can work it but for the most part? I don't think so.:nono:

Isis77

I remember an episode of "Style Her Famous" with the same guy from ANTM who had a woman who wanted to emulate Halle Berry, I think. Now I personally think Halle looks good w/ both long AND short hair, but this woman had beautiful 3a/3b shoulder length hair that I'm sure would have been APL straightened, but they cut all of her hair off too! :nono:They could have given her Halle's new long look, couldn't they have?

shocol

It is intimidating to them to work with a "texture" different than their own :rolleyes:

I was leaving work yesterday and this dude with dreds always talks to me on my way. He was at the door with a white woman and he left his convo to say goodbye to me. If you saw how she tried to size me up: height, weight, hair, et cetera. Unfortunately for her she had nothing to feel superior about. Her hair was longer but oily and limp but my hair was swanging all over the place looking pretty. I made sure to do a hair toss as I left and quickly put it in a bun with my hair chopstick :grin:

Take that boo!!!!!!

You are cracking me up:lachen:

kellie7777

PrettyHaitian - hi - 5 baby!!! :lachen::lachen:

i always felt that the shows were supposed to be about making people look better. but sometimes i think the stylist gets carried away and just wants people to see their skills and talents.
i don't think everyone needed to get their hair cut in those shows, there are so many alternative styles they can use for effective looks, instead of a scissors.

we sistas struggle with our hair, its a doggone shame to have it chopped needlessly.

glamazon386

Well Bianca from ANTM was far from darkskinned:ohwell: So idk

And her makeover was supposed to be long blonde hair until they realized her hair was too damaged to dye blonde. That's why they just cut it all off to the new growth and gave her the long blonde wig. She never wore it though because she said it wasn't her.

missnurselady

Yea it's really irritating, I dont even watch the show anymore. She always talks about how the short cuts make their features pop, but I never saw her shave her head to make her features POP!

tricie

Take that boo!!!!!!

Get it, girl! :drunk::lachen::yep:

Empress Yahudah

Take that boo!!!!!!
in Diddy voiceTake dat..Take dat