SOUNDING THE BATTLE CALL: INTERCESSORY WAREFARE AGAINST THE ATTACK ON MARRIAGE!!!!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Re: SOUNDING THE BATTLE CALL: INTERCESSORY WAREFARE AGAINST THE ATTACK ON MARRIAGE!!!

Luthiengirlie, allow me to correct myself... I'm participating on behalf of CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE, BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN, not all marriages. Amen

nathansgirl1908

Re: SOUNDING THE BATTLE CALL: INTERCESSORY WAREFARE AGAINST THE ATTACK ON MARRIAGE!!!

Luthiengirlie, allow me to correct myself... I'm participating on behalf of CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE, BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN, not all marriages. Amen

Is this excluding marriage between people of the same sex or marriage between people who are not Christians or both?

Do_Si_Dos

I thought this was prayer for the institution of marriage and not a single woman looking to be married??

I guess that's neither here nor there, but I will pray for the institution of marriage and also for the Christian family. Divorce is devastating to all the family members, and that is an important issue. Everything starts in the home, so count me in.

luthiengirlie

It is both.. but please intercede for whatever YHWH puts on your heart. I'm praying for marriage in its ENTIRETY.

luthiengirlie

let me make my points clear.
1. we are interceeding for the current Christian marriages that are under attack in a variety of ways
2. We are interceeding for husbands to truly understand thier role because they are our first line of defense in many ways.

3. We are interceeding for the CHILDREN of those marriages so that thier parents can represent to them a part of YHWH'S LOVE.

4. We are interceeding against the enemy who wants to destory marriage by adultery, strife, conflict.

5. we are interceeding for women that are single... to lose themselves in YHWH and if Adonai desires to bring them a mate that they are spiritually, emotionally, mentally prepared and the men heed the call to be leaders and to hfollow the stirring in thier heart to obey YHWH and if so called to find a wife and not play around...

6., we are interceeding against the statistics that bring fear and drive women to settle for less than HIS best whether that is singlehood or marriage.

7. we are interceeding against those who try to slyly speak against YHWH's Word against how marriage should be sought

Laela

Intercessors, please keep in your prayers especially the Christian Men who are doing the right thing and facing spiritual resistance every day. The spiritual leaders, the ministry heads. The men who do pray, the men who do respect women, the men seeking "wives" and the men praying for their wives/fiancees/girlfriends as they enter into marriage. The men who want to become better men, through Christ Jesus.

Also, remember the men who lost their jobs or are unemployed through no fault of their own (downsizing, closures, etc) and are feeling the pressure of failure and inadequacy. They are the head and not the tail. They are above, and not beneath. Pray for their wives, that they respect them in spite of the condition they are currently in. They don't need to be banged on the head, they need to be lifted up in prayer to the Most High.

SND411

A True Soldier Never Dies

Please pray for people in Christian marriages to remember humility. Pride is one of the most ugly sins because it springs us a lot of other evil sins against God. Teach married couples to ALWAYS be humble towards one another and look after each other as they would do their own flesh.

Allow Christian women to not believe in the false mantra that "all men cheat" and that all men are out to hurt and objectify them. We know that is not true because the Word of God states that God will train both men and women to fight for His Kingdom. Allow these women who desire Christian men to be exposed to Godly men who are never afraid to demonstrate their love and passion for God.

luthiengirlie

Please pray for people in Christian marriages to remember humility. Pride is one of the most ugly sins because it springs us a lot of other evil sins against God. Teach married couples to ALWAYS be humble towards one another and look after each other as they would do their own flesh.

Allow Christian women to not believe in the false mantra that "all men cheat" and that all men are out to hurt and objectify them. We know that is not true because the Word of God states that God will train both men and women to fight for His Kingdom. Allow these women who desire Christian men to be exposed to Godly men who are never afraid to demonstrate their love and passion for God.

this is something I HAD TO LEARN.... I pray women know godly men and expect to be treated that way regardless of freindship or dating.

SND411

Please God, be with those Christian women in the world who feel lonely and desire marriage. It really brings tears to my eyes to know that many of these women feel that no one is out there to love them and make them a wife. I HATE when people feel abandoned and alone. I know many would make wonderful Godly wives and mothers as they represent Your Kingdom! Please comfort them, but remind them that they are NEVER alone.

nathansgirl1908

Intercessors, please keep in your prayers especially the Christian Men who are doing the right thing and facing spiritual resistance every day. The spiritual leaders, the ministry heads. The men who do pray, the men who do respect women, the men seeking "wives" and the men praying for their wives/fiancees/girlfriends as they enter into marriage. The men who want to become better men, through Christ Jesus.

Also, remember the men who lost their jobs or are unemployed through no fault of their own (downsizing, closures, etc) and are feeling the pressure of failure and inadequacy. They are the head and not the tail. They are above, and not beneath. Pray for their wives, that they respect them in spite of the condition they are currently in. They don't need to be banged on the head, they need to be lifted up in prayer to the Most High.

I think there should be prayer for the women as well who are unemployed through no fault of their own. In families

As for the part in bold, I always find this interesting because there are so many women out there that I find it hard to believe they have to "seek" for long.

Laela

God will provide... I truly believe that.

I think there should be prayer for the women as well who are unemployed through no fault of their own. In families

As for the part in bold, I always find this interesting because there are so many women out there that I find it hard to believe they have to "seek" for long.

CoilyFields

I hope everyone is clear as to the purpose of this thread.

The World even has statistics that show marriage as the bedrock of a society, so how much more important are christian marriages whose ministry purpose is higher?

Please Pray as the Holy Ghost leads you with a pure heart...

James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume [it] upon your lusts.

nathansgirl1908

God will provide... I truly believe that.

I do too, but my point was that we need to pray for the men AND the women. Some women are the breadwinners in these homes.

Laela

Nathansgirl, I'm not trying to be rude but my post was specific for a reason and I am aware there are women who are also breadwinners. If there is a prayer request on your heart, feel free to share, but please extend the courtesy to respect how others choose to request prayer.

God bless

nathansgirl1908

Nathansgirl, I'm not trying to be rude but my post was specific for a reason and I am aware there are women who are also breadwinners. If there is a prayer request on your heart, feel free to share, but please extend the courtesy to respect how others choose to request prayer.

God bless
I understand that. But I think too often we pray for our men without remembering to pray for the women as well in those kinds of situations. I think God would want that.

Laela

Good point and I agree....

LovingLady

Mark 10:9

What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder

Spring

Thanks for the prompt for us to pray...
I'm praying..

Guitarhero

But even the Bible says that marriage is sometimes not what it is cracked up to be and perhaps its in MANY peoples' best interest to remain single for God. I mean, why get so distracted about sex, relationships, men, when there are other much more important concerns in our world today?

I mean is marriage the end all to be all? I mean, sometimes I think we place waaaaay too much emphasis and attention on relationships/marriage as if it is the single most important issue in Christianity. Shouldn't we also think about eternity? Even the Bible speaks about how earthly marriages will be dissolved in Heaven

I agree up to that point about many more things being more important than marriage. The family unit is like a microcosm of the heavenly relationship. It's the first order that we see on the earth set in place for human behavior. Marriage is just that important, IMHO.

And many other things support this order such as sexual desire. If a man didn't have libido, he wouldn't seek marriage. If we didn't marry, we wouldn't be fruitful and multiply. If we just fornicated, there'd be little or no social order. But man desires marriage to stabilize the social order. Without marriages, lack of the social order wouldn't support bringing healthy families about and we'd all die off (and we can all see the results of dysfunction today).

'Be fruitful and multiply"...a command for all men. Whether one marries or not, that's dependent upon the individual. But the highly suggested and commanded order is marriage or being fruitful within the confines of commitment and protection. We all know that people fornicate, but marriage is still desirable. Many of the laws that God gave as worship are performed within that family unit so I'd say that marriage is of the utmost importance in the world. Through marriage, love and children, our whole view of our relationship with God is formed, edified or the lack thereof, destroys.

Regarding prayer, why not just post what your prayer is here so others could read it? That's probably where some people misunderstood the purpose of this thread.

Last edited:

SND411

I agree up to that point about many more things being more important than marriage. The family unit is like a microcosm of the heavenly relationship. It's the first order that we see on the earth set in place for human behavior. Marriage is just that important, IMHO.

And many other things support this order such as sexual desire. If a man didn't have libido, he wouldn't seek marriage. If we didn't marry, we wouldn't be fruitful and multiply. If we just fornicated, there'd be little or no social order. But man desires marriage to stabilize the social order. Without marriages, lack of the social order wouldn't support bringing healthy families about and we'd all die off (and we can all see the results of dysfunction today).

'Be fruitful and multiply"...a command for all men. Whether one marries or not, that's dependent upon the individual. But the highly suggested and commanded order is marriage or being fruitful within the confines of commitment and protection. We all know that people fornicate, but marriage is still desirable. Many of the laws that God gave as worship are performed within that family unit so I'd say that marriage is of the utmost importance in the world. Through marriage, love and children, our whole view of our relationship with God is formed, edified or the lack thereof, destroys.

Regarding prayer, why not just post what your prayer is here so others could read it? That's probably where some people misunderstood the purpose of this thread.

Wow, what a wonderful post. You gave me a lot of perspective on marriage. BUt I still have a few thoughts.

(1) Yes, marriage has made a social order of human interaction. But it was almost ALWAYS at the expense of certain peoples. Even in the Bible, it was said how easy a man could divorce his wife (and notice only the HUSBAND could do this, not the Wife). They made it so a woman could not always survive without marriage. Divorced women often were in dire straights along with widows. So perhaps marriage did establish order but I feel for many it would have been less painful if living a single life was possible.

(2) Not everyone can be fruitful and multiply. I do feel in some ways it is a commandment (take Genesis for example). But I do not think everyone should be parents (just read the atrocious stories on the Off Topic Forum), nor do I believe a marriage is only validated by having earthly children.

(3) Many families with married families are just as messed up and unhealthy as those without.

(4) And about the libido, in many ancient cultures (and even some today) it was permissible for a man to be unfaithful to his wife. So this libido that supposedly makes men seek marriage is the same thing that breaks up many.

I guess there is no marriage like the one in Heaven. Perhaps that is why so many marriages on Earth fail; to give us something to look forward to.

SND411

I pray that all Christians will genuinely look forward to the Marriage supper in Heaven.

luthiengirlie

I think I'm going to start a new thread and start fresh (sigh).

Laela

You're reaching here .....:nono: God WOULD NEVER give His Children the desires of their hearts to see them fail or suffer! That goes against His Word. Jer 29:11
He would allow us to make our choices, whether they are good or bad because He is a God of Free Will and won't interfere with our decision. But God ALWAYS wants the best for His Children. always.

Albeit, ITA that my prayer is all of us to make it to heaven, to meet Our Father. Just the thought makes me smile...

I guess there is no marriage like the one in Heaven. Perhaps that is why so many marriages on Earth fail; to give us something to look forward to.