New Thread "Interceeding for marriage" Conflict free

Abba Father,

I pray for those whose love languages are in conflict...where a woman desires for her husband to be more romantic and her husband desires to have his wife respect him in all ways. May you touch each other's spirit to make things clear.
In Yahshua's name I pray AMEIN!!

Father God, in the name of Jesus,

You are the only wise God, the one who was is and is to come. there is none above you, none besides you. All glory and honor belong to you alone. PLease forgive me for the sins that I have committed against you in thought, deed, look, or feeling.
Lord I pray that husbands and husbands-to-be stand in the authority and position that you have designed for them. God we know that the enemy is attacking the men especially because he know that if he has the head he has the whole family. Well Lord I pray that you rebuke the devourer! I pray that men of God walk in the ways that you have established. I pray that they chase after you...leading their families before your throne. God help them to recognize their position in you. Let obedience be URGENT to them, recognizing your mercy in giving us a chance to repent and walk in your ways. Lord I pray that you crown their heads with wisdom and that they recognize and follow the sound of your voice. Show them your goodness Lord, for your word says that it is the Goodness of God that brings us to repentance! Thank you for all of the work you are already doing behind the scenes. And Lord strengthen those who are standing in the gap...impress on their hearts what and how to pray. Increase all of our faith! Strengthen us to stand when all else fails! Give us hope even while those close to us have given up. Lord God have your way in our lives. Show yourself strong in the lives of these holy men. For they ARE men of integrity, men of honor, men after your own heart. They are heirs to the kingdom! Remind them of the privilage and responsibility of claiming you as their God. And Lord I ask this on the basis of your goodness and mercy...not on what we have done or not done...but just becuase you love us and have declared your will for marriages. And Lord make ways in the wilderness and rivers inthe desert for those men who are troubled, jobless, and weary. Guide them Lord onto the right path. Let us, your creation...created in your image praise you with our lives. Striving to do ONLY those things that bring you glory in a world of darkness. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight.

Above all...not my will, but YOUR will be done
In Jesus' Name I pray...Aman

powerful....

I stand in Agreement...Amen.

:yep:
Heavenly Father,
The Lord who was, is, and is to cme. The all-sufficient God. From everlasting to everlasting. It is in YOU that we live, move, and have our being. You are our source. Let your divine GLory fill us, emptying us of ourselves and replacing these earthen vessels with YOUR excellancy. Lord, please forgive our sins, those things we have done that were outside of your will. Create in us clean hearts and renew a right spirit within. We thank you for the privilage of being YOUR children and therefore having the right to come boldy yet humbly to your throne. To you be ALL glory dominion and Power, God! You have declared that no weapon forged against us will prosper and so we rest in your promise that every attack of the enemy against marriages and family will fail. You have allowed them in your good judgement and we bow to your authority in the matter, but we know what your word has declared and stand on your promise that ALL things work together for good for those that love you. And we know that we can trust in your promises. Let the trial work out the things that are not acceptable to you God. Let the attack increase our faith in you. Let it be used to develop character and experience, patience and love. I pray for yielding hearts in husbands and wives so that the trial works out what you have purposed for it to work out. For we know that you hate divorce but have allowed the attack to strengthen YOUR people for kingdom building. Give us the strength to fight as you have instructed us. Not with carnel weapons but by your word. Now by the authority transfered to me by the power and might of your Holy Spirit I speak life into every dead marriage, God, if you could raise lazarus from the dead SURELY you can raise dead marriages to life! If you can heal the sick, give sight to the blind SURELY you can heal the broken hearted! YOU hold the heart of the King in your hand, SURELY you can turn the hearts of Husbands and wives back to one another. You have declared that YOU make all things new and I ask you today to renew the heart of every husband and wife. ESTABLISH your word in them that it may take root, grow, and bear good fruit. I speak DEATH to Pride and self-righteousness. For they have no place in holy matrimony. Lord God have YOUR way in every marriage, let YOUR will prevail. Draw with your Holy Spirit...let YOUR goodness bring about repentance. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight O Lord I Pray. Let all of our prayers be in accordance with your written and divine will.
Above all...Not my will, but YOUR will be done. In the everlasting name of JESUS I pray. Amen.

Lord God, I pray for every intercessor. You have told us that your HOly spirit will lead us and have therefore placed a burden on the hearts of your believers to pray for marriages and families. You have shown in your word that you find it good and acceptable for others to stand in the gap. You have told us to bear the infirmities of the weak. I pray that you stetch all of us in our prayer life so that as we pray for others we grow in you. We know that as we dedicate ourselves to this mission, you will work all of our problems out because you said to seek your kingdom first and all the things we need would be added. Lord I pray that every intercessory hears you more and more clearly. THat every intercessory comes to you with a clean heart. That every intercessory becomes closer to you for having gone to war on their sisters and brothers behalf. I know that you will bless them for the seeds they are sowing. Lead them on how to pray and what to pray for. And everyone that desires to pray but feels inadequate, Lord you have promised that if we just pray, the HOly Ghost will make intercession for us transferring our right desire into acceptable requests. And God we thank you for the GREAT intercessor in Jesus who constantly makes intercession for us at your throne.
In the matchless name of Jesus I pray, Amen

Father God, in the name of Jesus,

You are the only wise God, the one who was is and is to come. there is none above you, none besides you. All glory and honor belong to you alone. PLease forgive me for the sins that I have committed against you in thought, deed, look, or feeling.
Lord I pray that husbands and husbands-to-be stand in the authority and position that you have designed for them. God we know that the enemy is attacking the men especially because he know that if he has the head he has the whole family. Well Lord I pray that you rebuke the devourer! I pray that men of God walk in the ways that you have established. I pray that they chase after you...leading their families before your throne. God help them to recognize their position in you. Let obedience be URGENT to them, recognizing your mercy in giving us a chance to repent and walk in your ways. Lord I pray that you crown their heads with wisdom and that they recognize and follow the sound of your voice. Show them your goodness Lord, for your word says that it is the Goodness of God that brings us to repentance! Thank you for all of the work you are already doing behind the scenes. And Lord strengthen those who are standing in the gap...impress on their hearts what and how to pray. Increase all of our faith! Strengthen us to stand when all else fails! Give us hope even while those close to us have given up. Lord God have your way in our lives. Show yourself strong in the lives of these holy men. For they ARE men of integrity, men of honor, men after your own heart. They are heirs to the kingdom! Remind them of the privilage and responsibility of claiming you as their God. And Lord I ask this on the basis of your goodness and mercy...not on what we have done or not done...but just becuase you love us and have declared your will for marriages. And Lord make ways in the wilderness and rivers inthe desert for those men who are troubled, jobless, and weary. Guide them Lord onto the right path. Let us, your creation...created in your image praise you with our lives. Striving to do ONLY those things that bring you glory in a world of darkness. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight.

Above all...not my will, but YOUR will be done
In Jesus' Name I pray...Aman

^^^ yes, and that's expected...no problema aqui. :laugh: Like my Mom tells the devil, keep kicking...

This link was posted by Nymphe on Sunday and I'll repost it here, because I find it to be a very powerful read:

http://www.biblebb.com/files/MAC/1829.htm by John McArthur

Those are guidelines but the Scriptural references are on point!

Ladies keep believing and receiving... I'm always praying for my marriage and those of other believers, esp those who are engaged and desire marriage but are facing daunting "statistics" and surrounded by non-believers of marriage. Please pray for our friend who is engaged and want to marry but is feeling "rushed" by his fiancee and is hesitant. I pray they come to terms on what concerns their situation but most important, I pray they turn to Our Father for all the answers and that if she's not in his life for the right reasons, that God reveal this all to him. I"m encouraging him along the way, so please keep Christian men like him in your prayers!

WHAT do you think about the true love waits pledge? this is somethikng I intend to do....... this is between YHWH and you if you choose to do it. Look at my blog post "true Love waits" for more info

My Heavenly Father,

You showed me enough grace and mercy to help guide me through another day. Thank you for having patience with me when I sinned against. I ask that you forgive me of my sins and that you continue to guide me on my walk to be more Christ-like. There is nothing I can do without you and I thank you for being in my life. Continue to bless these wonderful women and protect them under Your banner. Protect their marriage from the destruction that any man or spirit may try to impose on it. Lord, you ask of us to communicate with you often because it will draw us closer to you, open the lines of communication in these marriages so that these couples will draw closer to each other. You asked for men to love their wives and for the women to respect their husbands, show them how to properly communicate this idea effectively to each other. Move the couples to look to You for their strength during turbulent times, and to look to You for wisdom during times of confusion. Give us the patience to be still when you are waiting on Your instructions, and the agility to move when you command us to do so. In the end everything is done for the good of YOUR people, we thank you for the things that we have, and we praise you for the things that we don't have.

In Jesus's name I pray, amen and amen.

IF I may take this in a slightly diffrent direction tonight...

Dear Heavenly Father,

You are wonderful, beautiful and hallowed. I come to You in the name of Yahshua Your Son who died for me and every other person on the planet. I am grateful to you.. please forgive my sins and inquinites. I come boldly to Your throne of grace Lord of Spirits and ask that you touch every woman and man who are at a crossroads between choosing you and remaining sexually and spiritually pure and having to wait vs doing what "Egypt" says and having sex. I pray that they make the powerful choice to walk in the fullness of you and abstain until you send a godly, no lies, no deception, no sorrow added mate or they have been given the gift of singleness. I pray for other women and myself who have HAD premarital sex. Comfort our spirit and help us realize that we are not damaged and disgusting but because we CHOOSE to serve You, that You will work THAT out for Your glory. I pray for the women who have been raped and sexually abuse, I understand this pain all to well. SOme of us choose to run from relationship to relationship to cope with what happens. This doesn't work. I pray that we choose to run to YOU instead. I pray that You work healing in our hearts so that when we DO have the mate that You've given us....we can enjoy it without stain and pain and fear of past relationships and enjoy and treasure it fully. Please touch each of these women and men at the crossroads in the name of YAHSHUA inspire us to choose YOU despite what the world says in the name of YAHSHUA I bow down at Your throne and give thanks.

In Yahshua's name I pray..Amein

Ladies. I hope this a place to put this. I have a prayer request for my 2 bff and their marriages. My 1 bff who will admit that she did not heed the Lord's voice and will for her life and married a man for convenience and what he "appeared" to be and not for who he really was. Now my friend is in a battle with the sin she has committed and what the Lord wills for her and her marriage. I pray she will stay in prayer and hear from the Lord what it is that he has for her and not just what she wants at this time. That the Lord is the healer and provider of all things including the sinner and the religious righteous if they come to him with a humbled heart. That his grace is sufficient and that we can do nothing to add to his mercy covering provided by Jesus Christ. I pray I can be a more loving sister of the faith and help guide her back to the Lord and his Word and not an inspirational speaker.

I pray for my other bff that is in a non-Christian marriage and that the Lord would reveal himself to them if that is in his will. That their marriage be full of the richness of the Lord and even more enjoyable with him as the center of it. That all the children involved have a Godly perspective of life and would come to know Jesus as Lord and Savior when they are older. That they are not influenced by the strife and bad habits seen in these household and will grow into Christian men and women who fear the Lord.

I pray that when the Lord deems it my time to be married that my relation with our Heavenly Father is strong enough to get me through every blow the enemy has to throw at me. I pray I will wait and listen for the Lord to send a mate that is suitable for me and has what I truly need and not just what I want. I pray I can be the proper helpmate that is what my future husband needs as well.

Lord I bind all the naysayers, statistics, and worldly views of marriage in this country especially black marriages. That you will strengthen your people to live a counter-cultural life that exalts and uplifts marriage, faithfulness, and family with Jesus as the anchoring piece. Help all those who are in troubled marriages to run and cling to your cross and know that no trouble is to large for you. That you can restore the lost, the forgotten, the sinners, if it is in your will for their lives. That they should not hide in shame because there is no condemnation with you, but that through confession and repentance of their sins and trespasses all things can be renewed. Lord I pray you will continue to protect your people and send extra prayers to those who are married and seeking marriage.

I pray all these things in your Son Jesus Christ's name. Amen, Amen, Amen

My prayer today is for the married Christian couples who are going through fire. I pray for deliverance from all naysayers sent to discourage them, that Our Father God repels them from those unions, and let those agents know their place. Whom God has brought together, let no man put asunder, for their union is anointed by Him. I pray for those who are desiring a fresh start and not a way out. I pray for those entertaining the thoughts of divorce a change of heart, a more compassionate perspective and the desire to not give up! As the grind comes, I pray that they see that Our Father is simply refining. Show them the signs that will help them give more of themselves and expect less of others, so that selfishness is melted away. With less self, there is more of God. I stand in agreement with those praying wives and praying husbands who are aware of this attack on marriage as an attack on the Image of God Himself. For He created Man in His Image, and Woman He created for Man as a help meet. Our God the Father is not mocked; God bless those who reverence marriage for what it was intended to be.

Amen

Ladies eventhough I am not posting daily. I am praying and agreeing with you for Christian marriages! Be blessed and take care.

Ephesians 5:21-33 (New International Version)

21Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. Wives and Husbands

22Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. 25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. 31"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh."[b] 32This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

I have been converting this scripture into a prayer for my marriage for some weeks now. After praying though I focus on my part and let God have His way with my husband. I am seeing results. I've had to subject myself to some hard teachings to get to the point I'm at today. Sometimes the problems, attacks, craziness happened so frequently I would forget that there were good times. Don't fall prey to this. Get a vision of what you desire and write out some good memories if you have too. Then use them as 2 of your weapons when you feel like screaming the roof off.

I remember crying out to God that I have no one to teach me the things I read in Titus 2:4-5. Sad to say as churchy as I was most of the marriages around me were in shambles and my Pastor at the time (a single much older lady) actually suggested to me that I may have married too early. Then she persisted in "needing" my husband especially in critical points of my life. All forgiven, but I noted it to say that if any of you find you are not getting the help you need from those around you, forgive them (they most likely know no better) and trust me when I say PRAYER WORKS. God answered my prayer, which was accompanied by searching (had to add some works to my faith) and I came upon a tough to swallow teaching website but I read what they had to say and got the book "Created to Be His Help Meet" and although my change was no overnight success it was definate and the lessons were what I needed. This may not be His way for you but keep praying, listening, searching. With God on your side, your attackers would wish they never knew you and your husband would start ogling you like a precious jewel he never knew he had :grin:

Just thought I'd testify.

MSee thank you for the testimony, I am so happy for you. Laela thank you for the link, it was really nice to see how God has restored broken marriages.

My Father, who is in heaven, hallowed be thy Name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Dear Lord, I am not able to put Your greatness into words. I thank You for allowing me in Your presence. Please forgive me of the sins that I have committed. Thank you for answering my prays about the areas that I should pray about. Continue to give these ladies Your strength as You work on strengthen their marriages. Remind these couples of the great times that they have had with each other, and to not let the bad times be the center of their attention. Erase the confusion that they might have about their feelings for each other, and give them the patience to endure all of the hardship that comes with marriage. The commitment that was made on their wedding day was to be together for better or for worse. The worse days that are in marriages are used to preparation for the better days ahead. I thank You Lord for the bad days. It is because of them we are able to grow closer to You and to become stronger in our faith. You said that a man should love his wife and the wife should respect her husband, help these couples to understand the cycle of love and respect. Allow Your will to be done, and have their marriage glorify you.

In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Time doesn't change people, the Holy Spirit does. Don't wait for time to go by in order for someone to change, call on the Holy Spirit to change people.

Time doesn't change people, the Holy Spirit does. Don't wait for time to go by in order for someone to change, call on the Holy Spirit to change people.

And let Him help you be still while you wait. I've learned that many negative situations can be quickly resolved if emotions are kept in check.

Father I thank you for what you are doing in this thread. You are so very awesome. Lord help us to accept your perfect love that we may know how to love others even those you have been so hurt by life that they don't even know their need for positive relationship with their spouses, or they are too scared to try. Father break down those walls created because of rejection, isolation and past hurts whether by spouses or other relationships. Let our hearts be tender, compassionate and forgiving. Lord teach us to balance mercy and judgement however, so that we may not stand in the way of you correcting the one we love. Thank you Father that even if we disobeyed and took the wrong road we can be made whole through repentance and obedience. Help us to be sensitive to your voice of correction that we may be quick to get back to you and enjoy the sweet fellowship that comes from knowing that you are near whatever the circumstance.

In Jesus name, Amen

I pray for marital partners to remain pure and undefiled in their bed and not to bring others into that sanctuary. May they remain pure and holy and teach this to their children. May they have developed and continue towards honoring human dignity.

Dear Abba,

I pray for those marriages for those marriages where infertility is a pervading issue that is causing strain. Thank You for dropping this in my Spirit, because I wouldn't have thought of this. I pray that the wives who are feeling the devesation of an empty womb, be comforted by Your Holy Spirit. Let thm know You are Shaddai,Rohi,Rophe and T'sidkenu. I pray for the husband that their spirit is healed as well. I pray that they know the words and actios to do for one another to ifnite healing in the marriage. I also pray that the spirit of strife using infertility is bound by the blood of Yahushua and cast into the abyss in Yahushua's name. I pray that they become One flesh again. May they search You again. Whatever plans You have regarding Children fulfill it and give them Your ununderstandable undeniable peace. In Yahshua's name I pray..Amein

Lord I thank you for the work that is being done in the lives/marriages of these beautiful ladies. Please guide our prayers so that we are able to be more of an assistance to them.

Amen.

I pray that this will be helpful to someone.

http://powertochange.com/experience/spiritual-growth/forgiveself/

Forgive Yourself By Muriel Larson

As an instructor at a Christian writer’s conference, I was scheduled to spend half-hour advisory sessions with students who signed up to talk to me. But my appointment with Jennifer* turned out to be a personal counseling session!

“I’m divorced,” the young woman told me. “I have two little children, and now they have been robbed of their father because of me. I know it’s my fault our marriage went on the rocks, and I’m so miserable about it day in and day out that I just don’t know what to do!”

“Have you tried to get back with your husband?” I asked.

“It’s too late,” she said sadly. “He’s now married to someone else.”

‘Well, have you asked the Lord’s forgiveness for the mistakes you’ve made?”

“Oh, yes!” she exclaimed. “You don’t know how many times I’ve wept before the Lord! I know I was wrong, and I’ve truly repented.”

” And you know that you’re saved, that you’re a child of God through faith in Christ?”

“Yes,” she nodded. “That’s what makes my mistakes so hard to bear. I accepted Christ as my Savior when I was a child. But I got away from Him–and you make a lot of foolish mistakes when you’re not living for the Lord. Now I just hate myself–I can’t stand myself!”

Remedy for self-recrimination

Jennifer broke down and wept. I put my arms around her. “Jennifer, the Bible says in First John 1:9, ‘If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.’ Do you believe that?”

She nodded and wiped a tear from her cheek. “Yes, I know the Bible says that, and I want to believe it–and I guess I do. But I can’t help hating myself for having made such a mess of my life and of my children’s!”

“Jennifer,” I said, “if God forgives you, shouldn’t you be willing to forgive yourself? Do you know what Jesus said were the two great commandments? They are, ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength,’ and ‘Love your neighbor as yourself” (Luke 10:27).

She nodded, “Yes, I want to obey those commandments. ”

“But what does the second one say?” I prompted.

“Love your neighbor as yourself.”

“As yourself,” I repeated. “Jennifer, do you think you can fully obey that command to love your neighbor as yourself if you don’t love yourself? If you continue hating yourself, it will affect all your relationships with your fellow man, won’t it?”

She stared at me. “I never thought of it that way before.”

“Well, hatred toward other people should have no part in a Christian’s life, Jennifer,” I said. “Certainly we should hate sin as God does. But we should also love the sinner as God does. And you will not be able to obey the second great commandment unless you forgive yourself and go on from there with the Lord. All the brooding in the world over your past mistakes will not make you a better Christian, will it? But if you have learned something from your mistakes, and if you have rededicated your life to the Lord, then you can look forward to a future of living for Him and training your children in the way they should go. Do you understand?”

“Yes, yes, I think I do! ” she exclaimed, with hope shining in her eyes.

“You can’t undo the past, Jennifer,” I said. “It does no good to continue beating yourself over the head. God wants us to put our defeats behind us and move ahead to victory. Take as your Scriptures what the Apostle Paul said in Philippians 3:13-14: ‘Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.’”

Jennifer jotted down the references for these verses. She laughed shakily. “Oh, thank you so much for your help!” she exclaimed. “I guess our time is about up–and we never did get to talk about writing!”

Smiling I said, “Well, sign up for a half-hour session tomorrow!”

Leave the past behind

Satan causes many of us to become ineffective Christians by convincing us that we can’t forgive ourselves! When we are miserable, there’s no way we can exhibit to the world around us the light, peace, and joy that only Christ can give. Satan is called “the accuser of the brethren” (Revelation 12:10). Why should we help him by continually accusing ourselves? Repent of sin, yes. Confess sin, yes. Turn from sin, yes. But let us also accept God’s provision for sin.

The Bible says, “The blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin.” Do we believe that? Then we must stop brooding over the past. What’s done is done! We must put all our sins under the blood in repentance, accept God’s forgiveness, and go on from there.

Unhappy memories? Put them under the blood. Regrets? Put them under the blood. Anger toward yourself? Put it under the blood.

Ask the Lord to wash away anything that is hindering you from going forward with Christ. If you have received Christ as your Savior, then God will make all things work together for your ultimate good. You are His child, and He loves you.

You can receive Christ right now by faith through prayer. Praying is simply talking to God. God knows your heart and is not so concerned with your words as He is with the attitude of your heart. Here’s a suggested prayer:

Lord, I need you now more than ever. I want your peace of mind. In the midst of my broken heart and my pain, I turn to you. Jesus, I ask you to forgive my sins and to give me your peace and comfort. I open the door of my life and put my trust in you.

If you sincerely expressed that prayer to God, you can know that you have a personal relationship with Him. He will be your comfort in these troubled times. God promises us “peace that passes understanding” in other words peace in a world that doesn’t make sense. You can know peace and hope even when your world is in turmoil. God does not change. Ever.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Purify my heart and spirit! You are sooo Worthy to be praised! I pray for Christians in abusive marriage. In that they have a perogative to leave because the abuser has walked away from the faith. However I pray Your will prevails. That you touch and convict the heart of the abuser and the victim knows she/he can still trust You and that they're still loved by You! Heal these marriages all around in Yahshua's Name I pray.

Amein!!

1 Corinthians 13:4-10

"Love is patient, love is kind, it is not envious. Love does not brag, it is not puffed up. It is not rude, it is not self-serving, it is not easily angered or resentful. It is not glad about injustice, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. But if there are prophecies, they will be set aside; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be set aside. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears."

Ladies it has been over 14 days since we started interceding for marriages. How is it working out for everyone. Is there a certain area that you want people to pray over?

Ladies we are half way though and I know there is a major blessing at the end of this, keep lifting others up in prayer.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (New American Standard Bible)

16 Rejoice always;
17 pray without ceasing;
18 in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

I sense even more change than when I was praying on my own. Most significantly is the change in me.

I am requesting prayer for something I've experienced and see happening at church. That is other Christian women trying to do a one-up-manship thing with other ladies husbands. I'm particularly peeved when it's another married woman flaunting and flirting with someone other than their husbands. In some cases it seems they are trying to make their husbands jealous in other cases it's as if they are trying to out do the man's wife as the most important woman in his life. Doing their deed and giving the wife the cross eye "did you see that" look. Or just those who always 'need' another woman's husband to do things for them. Unfortunately I missed a lot of red flags in the past because I assumed certain type of (church) women just don't have hidden motives. I was proven wrong, 'nough said.

Pray for husbands that they would be wise and not get ensnared by seduction. Pray for wives that they would be wise and guard their marriages (sometimes the men genuinely don't see what we see until too late). Pray that ladies who do such things would come to true repentance and also whatever insecurities that may drive them to do this may be dealt with.

I must add that I am a witness of the reverse of what I just wrote. I will never forget a 'high ranking church brother' trying to get me to feel sorry for him and be his 'friend' because he felt so lonely and dishing on his wife. I shut him down, tell him he needs to bless his wife, went home and told my husband right away. It so happened that few days before this incident I was being transparent with my husband and I told him I was feeling lonely.... coincidence??? The devil is real but he is a liar.

Back