Spill the beans...What has knocked your socks off this year?

chebaby

hairveda cocasta oil :lick::lick::lick:
paul mitchell moisture mist (my fave product of all time)
ojon restoritive treatment
paul mitchell the detaingler
vo5 moistur milks

Barbara

Princess
Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Conditioner and Elasta QP Cream Conditioning Shampoo are my new permanent staples!

beana

Silk elements megasilk moisturizing treatment
Coconut oil
salerm 21
lacio lacio
Phyto index 2- revisited hit

All of the above are permanent staples in my regimen... I've cut down my stash by 80% because i pretty much only use the products listed.

winnettag

so far i haven't found anything ever that i would say knocks my socks off. everything is sorta "eh". :sad:

I'm in the same boat with you. :sad:
I've bought tons of products searching for my "holy grail" staples and so far there are things that are okay, but nothing makes my hair feel like "butta".
I think I just don't have the type of hair that can feel that way, so I'm giving up my search.

Barbie83

--Shescentit Banana Brulee :lick:
--Black n Bossie Hair & Scalp oil spiked with rosemary and peppermint (the ONLY thing I oil my scalp with that gives me no dandruff :love:)
--Deep conditioning, my new fave hobbie :love:
--Nairobi Foam Wrap Lotion (fabulous roller-sets! :yep:)

Bene

Food grade diatomaceous earth and GNC's Hair, skin & nails formula.

I'm still measuring and giving myself a good 3 months of experimenting before I allow myself to recommend this combination to anyone, but I've had some really amazing growth.

MangaManiac

DCing 2-3x a week - My hair is SO soft and moisturized :lick:
My vitamin routine - Not only my hair has benefited. My entire body feels awesome! :blush:
My Updated MoeGro Oil - I'm getting unbelievable growth and my scalp feels amazing. It's also smoothing my new growth (in braids)! This is going to be a staple of mine forever! (Recipe's in my blog)
Aphogee Keratin Green Tea Restructurizer Spray - When I had to re-braid some hair the other night my hair was SOOOOOO much stronger than it has ever been and actually still moisturized. Whether in braids or not this is now a staple. :grin:

I was having hairgasms everyday when I first started out with these. Now I'm used to it, but I still get that "pleasureable" feeling whenever I touch my hair. :lachen:

SistaSista

I started doing this too. My SO actually made that observation. It really does help, especially when I rub coconut oil into my scalp right before.

Have you tried Nizoral shampoo? It's great for dry itchy scalp. My scalp was sooooo jacked up and nothing would help. I did a google and found the website for Nizoral and agreed with there methodology and thought I'd try it. Let me just say that I can go three weeks without washing and still nit itch or have any flakes. It's a little pricy for the amount in the bottle but I use it for my first wash and then use my regular shampoo for the next.

Mrs. Verde

I can cosign of this. So many people talk about products that make their hair feel like butter. I haven't had that experience until recently. So the product that has knocked my sock off this year was Aubrey Organic HSR mixed with Rice Bran oil. HSR by itself not overly impressive. My hair was unbelievably soft. This doesn't mean that I will give of my PJism. I like trying new products looking for the end all be all.:lick:

I'm in the same boat with you. :sad:
I've bought tons of products searching for my "holy grail" staples and so far there are things that are okay, but nothing makes my hair feel like "butta".
I think I just don't have the type of hair that can feel that way, so I'm giving up my search.

Computer Blue

It's only mountains and the sea
since transitioning:

still salerm 21 b5 (throwback)
EO conditioners
bhringraj oil
Baba de Caracol dc
praital silkworm dc
sabino moisture block
kerastase oleo relax serum

CurlyNue

Food grade diatomaceous earth and GNC's Hair, skin & nails formula.

I'm still measuring and giving myself a good 3 months of experimenting before I allow myself to recommend this combination to anyone, but I've had some really amazing growth.

First thing first, your hair looks amasing.

Next, diatomaceous earth? You are the first person that I has stated they use this product. What is it and what does it do for you and your hair?

2themax

You can click on this link and select the, "Human Use" info:

http://www.earthworkshealth.com/

I been using it for about 2 weeks myself and am thrilled with it. I've lost 4 pounds and my hair is getting very healthy and less brittle and dry. A couple of my co-workers have been using also with very good results (longer hair/loss weight, etc.). It also strengthens your nails and helps to bring your skin back to its original elastic (young looking) quality. I'm using it mainly for longer hair growth, but also I had parasites before using it and guess what? They are ALL c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e-l-y gone! I take 2 tablespoons first thing in the morning and 1 tablespoon right before going to bed. Make sure it's on an empty stomach because it can rob you of your nutrients since it really, really cleans you out. As a result, if your system is clean/healthy it's much easier for your nutrients to be absorbed by your body. (I started out the first few days with 1 -2 teaspoons a day and then increased to 3 tablespoons a day). Take a look at the website. I purchase mine from the local pet/plant store. Good luck!!

Last edited:

isabella09

For me it’s been the following;

Hair Steamer; One of the best hair investments I've made, my hair has transformed into the best condition that it has ever been and it continues to improve with each use. It feel’s much softer, stronger, healthier, locks-in more moisture, shinier and detangles like a dream.

ACV as a final rinse (75ml of ACV to 1 Litre of spring water); After incorporating this as my final step, honestly, my hair was soo soft, smooth, locked-in more moisture and was virtually tangle free. This is amongst some of the most important steps in my regimen that I've learned on this forum.

Qhemet Biologics’s Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm & Qhemet Biologics’s Burdock Root Butter Cream; The moisturising combination of the Qhemet Biologics product’s works wonderfully for my hair; it feel’s soo soft and hydrated all day! Absolutely amazing products!

Black Jamaican castor and avocado oil; Seals in moisture and makes my hair feel so soft!

Joico K-pak Liquid Reconstructor; The combination of strength, softness and general feel of my hair after use is just wow; I’ve had a small about of breakage during my transition but now, I’ve reached my destination ‘Retain City’ and I’m very pleased! Fantastic product!

Natural Shampoo bars; I love these bars, my hair feels wonderful during and after washing.

All these wonderful items will be life long staples :cloud9:

Bene

First thing first, your hair looks amasing.

Next, diatomaceous earth? You are the first person that I has stated they use this product. What is it and what does it do for you and your hair?

2themax explained it perfectly :)

I have a large bottle of water, scoop some of the powder in, and shake it before I drink. It tends to settle on the bottom of the bottle, so I have to keep shaking it. I also keep adding water, until all of the stuff is gone, then add more powder and keep going.

I haven't noticed any difference in my health, but my hair has grown an entire inch for the month of October, and it seems to be ahead of schedule for November. I think I got my full half inch for the month already.

I do take the vitamins consistently, 2 pills every day, so it might be a combination of the two? I was taking the vitamins before, but haven't had any significant increase in growth.

Still, I'm waiting till maybe January before I start telling everyone that this combination makes my hair grow faster. It might just be a fluke, or I might be having a growth spurt. Either way, I'm closer to my mini-goal of waist than I had imagined I would be, considering minor trims.

If you're interested in the DE, there are many sites available that could give you more information about the health benefits. It's also relatively cheap, I got a full pound of the stuff for under 10 bucks, including the shipping.

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Argan Oil..amazing stuff
JBCO
Silk elements megasilk moisturizing treatment
Alter Ego Nourishing Spa Nova Care Intensive Leave In-Where has this been all my life
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Protein
Redken Intense Renewal
Redkens entire Strength & Repair Line*****

ActionActress

Hmmm let me see.

I purchased the maxiglide xp this year. And I am happy to say that I no longer need a curling iron!!

This is what I do, I spray very lightly the CHI leave-in conditioner (liquid) and rub in a very tiny, tiny amount of a light oil. Brush each section then use the Maxi. I am sooo impressed with it. Normally when I pressed, which was rare, I would still get those fuzzy-wuzzy ends that even a curling iron would not get out completely. The teeth in the Maxi XP helped soooo much as well as the steam feature. I am in love, So the only thing I do now, if I straighten, is use the Maxi and then do pincurls. It comes out as a neat fluff later on with smooths, soft, moisturized ends. It is kind of a wavy puffy cloudy look that falls below APL sort of. My hair is below APL but a 2'' away from BSL. I had kind of a Chaha Khan, Donna Sommer look--got lots of compliments. That is the best look for me-------and without the craaaaazy ends!!!

Oh btw it does get down and straighten scalp and nape of the neck hairs. No need for the miniglide, atleast for me.

Beaute Noire

Aussie Moist (Shampoo and Conditioner)
Aussie Hair Insurance
Lacio Lacio Leave-in :lick:
Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer
Organix Coconut Milk Split Ends Mender
Chi Silk Infusion