Spill the beans...What has knocked your socks off this year?

purplepeace79

These are things I discovered this year

Organix Tea Tree Mint Conditioner
-- I cannot say enough about how wonderful this stuff is. Its such a bad addiction, I buy 2-3 bottles at a time and they're like $7/bottle here. I need to find a cheaper supplier. My hair has never felt so moist, strong, soft, and the smell is intoxicating.

Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil with mink oil hairdress-- This stuff is just greatness. My color-treated ends dont feel crunchy at all, my hair is so shiny, and it just feels nice and soft. Its great on my scalp too, so great I havent had to use my sulfur 8 in a long while.

Hair donut-- Until recently, I never thought about wearing buns. I bought one and it has changed my life lol. some days I'm just too lazy to do anything serious to my hair and this saves the day.

Burt's Bees Grapefruit & Sugar Beet shampoo-- Finally found a natural shampoo that cleanses without stripping, makes my hair smell great, and really leaves my hair shiny.

ActionActress

Denman brush. Hands down.

I slept on the idea of getting one for 2 years, and I finally bought it. It is an amazing hair care tool.

I like it so much I just bought a second one, yes I am greedy like that, but I am using one for dry and one for wet hair. But when I think about it, it dries pretty well because the base is rubber. Oh well, I'm just greedy. :spinning:

And yes, it detangles VERY! VERY! well----dry and wet.

testimony777

KCCC and KCKT:grin:

I tried this stuff a while ago and hated it. It left me with petrified ramen noodle curls. Well I was on another board and a woman with hair very similar to mine was raving about it so I decided to give it another try. I don't know what changed (I must have figured out the magic conditioner to gel ratio) but I LOVE this stuff. It still dries crunchy but the crunch is easily scrunched out and i am left with moisturized, shiny curls and second and third day hair are no problem. The best part is that I noticed significantly less broken hairs on wash day. This stuff is a keeper!!!!!

ANUBIS

I love my denman brush..

this year what has knocked my socks off is me actually being able to get rid of my shed hairs. They LOVE to stay on my head and tangle and dread up my hair. Now that im using my Denman to detangle on dry hair before I wash my hair, my managability has skyrocketed! Also garnier hair mask is yummy and keeps my hair moisturized for days when i use as a DC

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Jojoba Oil
Jojoba/Castor/Rosemary mixture for ends
Elasta QP Recovery Oil Moisturizer (it's so light, it doesn't even weigh my straight hair down)
I am in love with all Elasta products--cheap and effective!

Esq.2B

Fantasia IC Super Reconstructor
Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment
Nexxus Emergencee

Last edited:

shtow

The whole aphogee line.

And what's best --- the whole line only costs me $40.

Swang, moisture, and strength. I can't believe I waited so long to try it. I love it!

chebaby

qhemet heavy cream, coco detangling gee, honey balm
giovanni nutrafix
AO blue green algea

ETA: jbco
afroveda cocolatte

LongTimeComing

Amla oil (for sealing, hots, and overall just to splash on my hair)
HE LTR leave in( WOW!)
B&B oil moisturizer (Alone this stuff can kick rocks, but I mixed in some amla and evoo, wonderful!)
Mizani Original Rhelaxer
SE Megasilk Condish( good stuff, good scent)

CurlyNue

You can click on this link and select the, "Human Use" info:

http://www.earthworkshealth.com/

I'm using it mainly for longer hair growth, but also I had parasites before using it and guess what? They are ALL c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e-l-y gone!

Uhh, you said parasites. I wasn't expecting that but its interesting. How did you know you had parasites? Have you seen a Dr that said they are gone? Whoa! I do think I am going to order this thanks to you and Bene. I am going to do a bit more research before I make a final commitment.

*fabulosity*

You can click on this link and select the, "Human Use" info:

http://www.earthworkshealth.com/

I been using it for about 2 weeks myself and am thrilled with it. I've lost 4 pounds and my hair is getting very healthy and less brittle and dry. A couple of my co-workers have been using also with very good results (longer hair/loss weight, etc.). It also strengthens your nails and helps to bring your skin back to its original elastic (young looking) quality. I'm using it mainly for longer hair growth, but also I had parasites before using it and guess what? They are ALL c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e-l-y gone! I take 2 tablespoons first thing in the morning and 1 tablespoon right before going to bed. Make sure it's on an empty stomach because it can rob you of your nutrients since it really, really cleans you out. As a result, if your system is clean/healthy it's much easier for your nutrients to be absorbed by your body. (I started out the first few days with 1 -2 teaspoons a day and then increased to 3 tablespoons a day). Take a look at the website. I purchase mine from the local pet/plant store. Good luck!!

2themax explained it perfectly :)

I have a large bottle of water, scoop some of the powder in, and shake it before I drink. It tends to settle on the bottom of the bottle, so I have to keep shaking it. I also keep adding water, until all of the stuff is gone, then add more powder and keep going.

I haven't noticed any difference in my health, but my hair has grown an entire inch for the month of October, and it seems to be ahead of schedule for November. I think I got my full half inch for the month already.

I do take the vitamins consistently, 2 pills every day, so it might be a combination of the two? I was taking the vitamins before, but haven't had any significant increase in growth.

Still, I'm waiting till maybe January before I start telling everyone that this combination makes my hair grow faster. It might just be a fluke, or I might be having a growth spurt. Either way, I'm closer to my mini-goal of waist than I had imagined I would be, considering minor trims.

If you're interested in the DE, there are many sites available that could give you more information about the health benefits. It's also relatively cheap, I got a full pound of the stuff for under 10 bucks, including the shipping.

This is why I love LHCF. You girls are on it with these supplements... I'm all about multitasking supplements (helps with skin,hair,and overall health)... do any of you take chlorella/spirulina also? How does this interact with it?

shamarie

Protein Filler from Sally's. My strands have never been this strong(Fine Tex.)!!! I do the strand test on my shed hairs and it is so dang on hard to break now!!That has NEVER happen to me. This works better than that BKT I had used twice before and I get that FLOW baby!!!

Last edited:

Bene

This is why I love LHCF. You girls are on it with these supplements... I'm all about multitasking supplements (helps with skin,hair,and overall health)... do any of you take chlorella/spirulina also? How does this interact with it?

I tried spirulina a little while ago, but then totally forgot about it. Thank you for reminding me! :) I still have the bottle and may try to take it in conjunction to see how it works.

Of course, I have to urge you to do all the research on DE before you decide to take it. It's not FDA approved and some people may have some reservations about the mineral content that's ingested. I take the risk because I don't mind being a guinea pig on new things. Also, if you do try it, please make sure it's food grade DE, anything else could be seriously harmful.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
coconut oil. My natural hair hated it but my relaxed hair LOVES it :lick:

ORS replenishing conditioner

Salerm 21 leave-in + castor oil for airdrying

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Alter Ego Garlic Treatmet
Aussie Moist
HE LTR leave in
DC only (instead of cowashing)
Adding Nioxxin Scalp Therapy conditioner to my scalp b4 shampooing
CHI Silk Infusions & Keratin Mist
ACV rinses
So far I also love the Millcreek Biotin shampoo

lolascurls

:clapping:Organics Leave-in hair Mayo: very detangling! Works a treat as a leave-in! I tend to do it after a clarifying co-wash and DC session!

:wink2:CHI Keratin Mist: wow! I love it. My hair feels stronger and hopefully will grow longer with it (retain length better).

But a nice homemadde clarifier has really got me smiling: Baking soda and conditioner mix (good with moisturizing conditioners!) Now I can use up all my left over conditioners just by mixing in an applicator bottle and using them weekly!:gorgeous:

Oh and last but definitely not the least: SPIRULINA! I used this for a month and had 1 inch of new growth from it (had a weave sew-in and the tracks were swimming above my head by the end of the month!)
When I took out the sew-in and detangled, all over my head had gained that inch! WOW!

Last edited:

myhair84

Aussie Moist-one of the best cheapie conditioners ever!
Hemp seed butter-used it only once but the softness and shine makes it a keeper
HE LTR leave in-at first didn't like it, but I think it was the other products i was using. it really does get my hair soft and manageable
egg treatments-also used it once but i felt my hair stronger and thicker than before i used it, it also cut my breakage down to almost none
Shescentit avocado condish-makes my hair so soft
dc'ng w/ hood dryer-great moisture!
baking soda w/ natural shampoo-gets my hair super clean w/o stripping
Qhemet OHHB and BRBC combo-super moisture!
L'oreal demi perm rinses-super shiny and deep color!
Hairveda Cocasta oil
Hairveda almond glaze

toyagurl

Aphogee Green Tea Reconstructurizer
Patchouli85's Deep Conditioning tutorial
Mizani Butterblends mild
Hana Elite

leleepop

waistlength shake
raw mango butterwhipped w/castor oil on ends
massage scalp
cutting perimeter for a blunt cut
low mani

India*32

Nasbit Shea Butter
Silicon Mix
Moroccan Oil
Nexxus Emergence
Joicio shampoo and conditioner
lacio lacio

I went from relaxed to natural for six months, back to relaxer. Sporting small box braids for protection style and convenience.

Barbie83

---Ion Keratin Reconstructor (my new protein staple) :love:
---SheScentit Banana Brulee (sooooo moisturizing, I can't say enough!!) :love3:
---Coconut oil (internally, as skin moisturizer, scalp oil, and sealant)
---Nairobi Foam Wrap (hands down, BEST setting foam)
---Silk Elements MegaCholesterol (sooooo thick, soooo creamy, and smells like egg nog :lick:)
---Aphogee Green Tea & Keratin spray (I use it while rollersetting and love it!)
---non-sulfate shampoos (no more scalp issues!)

---discovering LHCF has knocked my socks off!!
:yep:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Steaming
coconut milk in all DC
Elasta QP Creme conditioning poo
Sulfur
cornrows
K.I.S.S