SPIN OFF: CAINROW TWIST OR BRAIDOUTS!!!

lonei

Hi ladies, just wanted to know the methods you use to create twist or braidouts but with cainrows (attached to your scalp) rather than loose braids. I plan to do it on damp hair, maybe making about 6-8 cainrows with NTM Silk Touch Leave in and sitting under the hooded dryer. I wanted to put rollers at the end but Im not sure whether to just put one and wrap all the ends around it or use single rollers on the end of each cainrow. All info would be apprecaited. Do you think I would need to tye a hair net around it before i go under the dryer? Thanks.

I just read your post because I wanted to know what cainrows are. But I see that it's what people in my region of the US call cornrows. Symantics :lol:

Anyway, I used to group my braids so that I could use fewer rollers. I never used a hair net, though. I just figured that since the hair was freshly braided the net wouldn't be necessary. And I absolutely love that NTM silk touch!

And I just wanted to say...

I WANT YOUR HAIR!!! :love:

YES, it's the coffee, the COFFEE... I can't slow down now!!! :rofl: :lachen:

lonei said:
Hi ladies, just wanted to know the methods you use to create twist or braidouts but with cainrows (attached to your scalp) rather than loose braids. I plan to do it on damp hair, maybe making about 6-8 cainrows with NTM Silk Touch Leave in and sitting under the hooded dryer. I wanted to put rollers at the end but Im not sure whether to just put one and wrap all the ends around it or use single rollers on the end of each cainrow. All info would be apprecaited. Do you think I would need to tye a hair net around it before i go under the dryer? Thanks.

Lonei your hair is gorgeous! I used to braidout (corn/cainrow to the back) but I tried the twistout the first for the first time and it is so much prettier than the braidout.

I did about 7 big twists (to my scalp) in rows straight back. It turned out pretty good for a first try. I put individual rollers on the end. Oh and I let it air dry (encouragememt from LHCF ladies) it took about a day and a half.

I have dried braidouts under the dryer before though.

Last edited:
I've done both twist outs and braid outs and i like them both. Honestly I prefer the braid outs because it takes so little time for me to cornrow my hair. I usually do about two or three cornrows going back, on dry hair with a little mousse, just roll the ends under and clip them in place. I will last for about 3 days before I have to rebraid it.

SweetCaramel1 said:
Lonei your hair is gorgeous! I used to braidout (corn/cainrow to the back) but I tried the twistout the first for the first time and it is so much prettier than the braidout.

I did about 7 big twists (to my scalp) in rows straight back. It turned out pretty good for a first try. I put individual rollers on the end. Oh and I let it air dry (encouragememt from LHCF ladies) it took about a day and a half.

Gorgeous hairstyle!:eek:

SweetCaramel1 said:

Thanks, yours is beautiful too!!!

Back