Hair Never Dries - VENT!!!

sunnydaze

I get so frustrated trying to do any alternative styling method because my hair never, ever dries.

Caruso rollers-Put in, removed covers, left in hair an hour and a half...STILL DAMP!

Twist out - tried this on washed hair last week. Washed my hair at 6:00 pm when I got home from work. Did four twists, went to bed around 10:00. Woke up..sat under dryer for an hour. Blasted each section with a blow dryer to ensure it was dry..took down braids...STILL DAMP!

Hooded dryer - Anything less than 2 1/2 hours..STILL DAMP!

My hair wasn't always like this...and it is not superlong or anything.

What could be the problem?? My sister said that maybe its a sign your hair is in better condition, maybe it has gotten denser or something, but I am really tired of being religated to this bun b/c I don't have 2 days to wait for my hair to dry.

Anyone else experience this?:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

sunnydaze said:
I get so frustrated trying to do any alternative styling method because my hair never, ever dries.

Caruso rollers-Put in, removed covers, left in hair an hour and a half...STILL DAMP!

Twist out - tried this on washed hair last week. Washed my hair at 6:00 pm when I got home from work. Did four twists, went to bed around 10:00. Woke up..sat under dryer for an hour. Blasted each section with a blow dryer to ensure it was dry..took down braids...STILL DAMP!

Hooded dryer - Anything less than 2 1/2 hours..STILL DAMP!

My hair wasn't always like this...and it is not superlong or anything.

What could be the problem?? My sister said that maybe its a sign your hair is in better condition, maybe it has gotten denser or something, but I am really tired of being religated to this bun b/c I don't have 2 days to wait for my hair to dry.

Anyone else experience this?:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I experience this same thing and I'm only SL. My hair takes at least 3 hours in the hood to dry and all day if I air dry. This is why I relied on my blowdryer for so many years. Kinda still do:ohwell:

Sunnydaze:> I'm going to give you a one-star if you don't STOP BRAGGING!
:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
No, but i get what you are talking about. If its not breaking and its still growing... girl, thats whats most important.

bravenewgirl87 said:
Sunnydaze:> I'm going to give you a one-star if you don't STOP BRAGGING!
:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
No, but i get what you are talking about. If its not breaking and its still growing... girl, thats whats most important.

LOL...girl I am definitely not bragging!!!

I wanna wear all these cute styles too that everyone talks about..but I got to go to work, take care of my daughter, do things..LIVE! I don't have 48 hours to devote to drying my hair!

I feel you sunnydaze....it seems like it takes forever for my hair to dry no matter how I style it:perplexed. It's so frustrating. When I don't have the energy I end up just pulling it back in a ponytail and letting it airdry.

If you have a ceiling fan, try leaving it on at night when you're waiting for your hair to dry. My hair takes all day to dry as well, unless I'm in my room with my ceiling fan going..then it takes about an hour or so, with my hair in a loose bun. If my hair is in a bun that is to tight...or braids that are to tight, it takes longer...and if my hair is just down, it takes less time.

This happens to my hair when it is over moisturized, which happens often for me.

I nice protein treatment fixes it right up.

The Hardcore Aphogee is a guarantee fix for me, but it is way too drying. So I can do several milder ones for a similar effect.

When this happens to me, I clarify and it takes care of it.

i have really thick hair. it won't dry overnight and i could never ever dry in a bun--it could be two days later and it would just be wet underneath.

I have to take VERY small pieces when i roller set. I have to cover the hooded dryer with a towel to keep the heat in. it gets hot as hell but its the only way to speed up the drying time.

for a braid out, its the same. i have to do smaller braids and if i want it dry by the next day, I have to sit under the dryer a couple of hours and then let it airdry overnight. and even then its only MOSTLY dry.

that's why i normally don't do braidouts that way. i will do braidouts on dry hair; like tonight i have my hair in a french braid, I will dampen it slightly with moisturizer and coat with oil. tomorrow when i get ready to go out i will undo the braid and have nice loose waves.

LovelyZ said:
that's why i normally don't do braidouts that way. i will do braidouts on dry hair; like tonight i have my hair in a french braid, I will dampen it slightly with moisturizer and coat with oil. tomorrow when i get ready to go out i will undo the braid and have nice loose waves.

Here is a pic of how it looks:

hairjuly2007004.jpg

I'm in the same boat...my hair takes atleast 2 hrs to dry (thick hair). My hair is way healthier now...but sometimes i think about how quickly i could wash and blowdry my hair before....

But i don't regret all that hair on the floor before.:lol:

It's funny, I'm sitting under the dryer now because I just wet my hair and twisted it. My hair is very thick but it's not long(it's just touching my shoulder). Some mornings I will untwist and go to work with my hair still damp.

Back