SPIN-OFF: Optimal Moisture Balance (!!!)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I read the original post in The Key to Optimal Moisture thread and the poster mention how you must have a balance among moisture, protein, and oil in order to combat dryness.

See, I have S-Curl for moisture, Motions Nourish as a leave-in that has protein in it, and I have an oil mixture. I could relate to having an imbalance among the three. Sometimes I would have too much moisture and protein, but no oil resulting in dull looking hair. Sometimes I would have too much moisture and oil, but no protein resulting in prone to breakage hair. But even if I apply all three, I can still have dry hair. So I'm wondering...

1. Should we apply moisture, protein, and/or oil product(s) on wet or dry hair??? Is it necessary to apply a moisturizer to wet hair when you already have water in your hair? Is water not sufficient enough???

2. Do we need to find a product that has all three (moisture, protein, & oil) or three separate products??? Do I apply them all at once???
*I'm also wondering when I do a protein treatment once a month, if I can use just a moisturizer and oil afterwards without using the protein leave-in to complete the balance.*

Any other information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! ;)

Last edited:

Angelicus

I Think you are putting too much stuff in your hair. I understand right now you are transitioning so you may have to keep tweaking to get it right. Can you try only using one product at a time and see what works?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
anky said:
I Think you are putting too much stuff in your hair. I understand right now you are transitioning so you may have to keep tweaking to get it right. Can you try only using one product at a time and see what works?
I've tried using just one product only. ;) I don't have this problem of dryness when I wear my hair up protected in a bun or twisted ponytail... when I speak of dryness, I'm talking about when my hair is out. To be more specific, I'm talking about when I took my satin cap & wig off yesterday, my hair was really dry. All I used was S-Curl on my hair.