Split Ends???

Lovelee30

My hair is spiral curled- maybe 3b to 3c... When I 'no heat" straighten my hair or flat iron, the ends always look raggedy. Is it split or just dry curly hair? Its been this way my entire life, even just weeks after a fresh cut/trim. Any ideas? Help

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 67

mshoneyfly

My sister's hair looks a lot like yours and she is a 3a or 3b. She has recently began transitioning to natural (I told her she didnt need a relaxer). My sister knows nothing about doing her own hair and relies pretty heavily on the beauty shop. She doesnt use a water based moisturizer and doesnt shampoo very often. Her hair never used to look like that when relaxed She has always had beautiful, black, shiny, thick, long hair...until now.

I am wondering what is your regimen.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Lovelee30

Actually, a lot of nothing! I rinse with cool water every morning and apply a small amount of Curl Smoothie, then air dry. My best curls do not last, so I do this daily. If I do not want to wet my hair, I finger detangle the dry hair and apply gel for a bun or two old fashion flat twist (my family hates this) but its an easy protective style. I co-wash three to four times a month. And if I'm good, I will do a avocado and honey hair mask.

virtuenow

Welcome to the board. Puffy or "raggedy" ends is not a good indicator of splits. When I first went natural I kept cutting inches off my ends b/c I thought they were split or damaged in some way (ala scab hair). It turns out I just did not have the right technique and appliances to straighten my ends when flat ironing or blowdrying.