Steam Baby Steam Through 2013

Cherokee-n-Black

I steamed today! (I know ya'll are like "Where did she come from?" LOL) For the first time in a long time. I was soooo loving it. I do it in the steam room at the local Y. Today I steamed with Lustrasilk Hydrate Therapy Deep Conditioner and Ojon Restorative Treatment Plus. I have GOT to find a way to reintroduce steaming to my weekly or at least bi-weekly schedule. I usually leave in the treatment overnight and wash it out with a conditioning cleanser in the a.m. then style. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

MayaNatural

Steaming with Jessicurl DT mixed with KeraVeda coffee oil and jojoba oil.

Following EnExitStageLeft method, using a wet turbie twist with a conditioning cap over top.. Sitting under the dryer for 1 hour.. Thank you EnExitStageLeft, I have a dryer but no steamer and this method really works. Thanks for sharing :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Nichelle_jb

Steamed yesterday for 30 minutes using Avocado Oil plus SheScentIt Okra Reconstructor plus Hairveda Sitrinillah on top.

Nichelle_jb

Rozlewis

Steamed today with Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, Manuka Honey, Peppermint, Rosemary, and Eucalyptus oil over coffee.

Rozlewis

Steaming right now with with Bee Mine Bee-u-ti-ful (had a little left) and with Hairveda's Sitrinilla, Manuka Honey, Peppermint Oil, Rosemary Oil, and Eucalyptus Oil.

Happy Hair Steamers - I hope you were able to reap the benefits of steaming all year long. I will begin a new thread for 2014 about mid0December and I will look forward to finishing this year with you and beginning fresh in the New Year.

Nichelle_jb

I steamed for 30 minutes using Kera Vera's Fenugreek Oil plus My Honeychild Molasses Deep Conditioner. (This was my first time trying Kera Vera Fenugreek Oil but I figured the maple syrup smell would go well with the molasses in the conditioner) :look:

Nichelle_jb

Nichelle_jb

Nichelle_jb

Please leave me a quick review on the MHC Molasses DC'er.
IDareT'sHair,

The Molasses Deep Conditioner by MyHoneychild is one of my favorites. You do need to like the smell of molasses because it's rather strong. It's on the expensive side, I just purchased a 16 oz for $25. The consistency is kind of runny. This conditioner makes my hair feel very moisturized. In fact, because of this conditioner, I sometime add molasses to 'regular' conditioners to make them more moisturizing. When I first purchased from My Honeychild I tried three different DCs: the Molasses one, Olive You and Honey Hair mask. I liked all three but the Molasses one beat out the other two by a nose (so to speak). I'm natural but the little blurb below the name says that its 'Ideal for Relaxed, Color-Treated & Heat-Traumatized Hair'.

The ingredients are good: Distilled water, unsulphured molasses, castor oil, panthenol, cocoa butter, shea butter, vitamin e, vitamin a, grapefruit seed extract and optiphen

I love the fact that I both know and can pronounce all of the ingredients.:yep:

Nichelle_jb

Rozlewis

Steaming right now with Curl Junkies Curl Rehab, Manuka Honey, Peppermint, Rosemary, and Eucalyptus oil. Feelin good.

cynd

Quick steam with various essential oils on scalp. Plan to steam in henna tomorrow for the first time.

Nichelle_jb

Plan to steam in henna tomorrow for the first time.

cynd, I use to steam my henna treatments 'all' the time until my steamer died. :nono: I'd only had it about 1 1/2 year so I thought that it died kind of premature. Even though I faithfully cleaned my steamer using a 50/50 solution of vinegar & distilled water ever month; I'm convinced that fine particles (henna powder) got into the internal workings and shorten the life of my steamer.

Btw, I use to steam the Henna in for approx 1 hour and it gave me the same kind of coverage that I got when I wore a plastic cap for 4 - 6 hours. Now, as a result of my old steamer's early demise, I'm afraid to steam my henna treatments so I've resorted to doing henna overnight followed by steaming my moisturizing treatments the next morning. Good Luck with steaming with Henna. I hope your experience is better than mine. :yep:

Nichelle_jb

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Nichelle_jb @cynd

I Agree Nichelle. That's why I Stopped Steaming "Clay".

I had that ButtersNBars Pink Morrocan Clay DC'er and I was Steaming it in.

Then I noticed the Water Receptical and the Reservoir had a Reddish-Pinkish tint to it and I stopped immediately.

I will Steam by Moisturizing DC'er in though after Henna.

cynd

Thanks so much for the warning @Nichelle_jb. I put the henna on my hair and decided to check email/LHCF before I went under the steamer. I think I'll follow your advice and just use the steamer for my post henna DC. It took me long enough to get this steamer. I don't want to take any chances. Thanks again.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
cynd

Girrrrl! I got scared. :lol:

Especially after several folks said they 'thought' Henna messed up their Steamers.

Somebody else was putting EO's in Water Reservoir and their's broke.:nono: