Steam Baby Steam Through 2013

Rozlewis

I usually steam 2 x per week, on Wednesday (after co-washing) and on Saturday (wash day). However, even though I am done with school (got my master's) and I am off from work till January 2, my schedule has been crazy this week. I will definitely steam on Saturday and will post details on Saturday.

Rozlewis

ladykpnyc, this thread is for 2013. We are good to go.

Also, this has to be an exciting time for you as you await baby Stefan Xavier. Many blessings to you and your family.

Rozlewis

I am steaming right now for 45 minutes with 1/2 cup of Mizani Kerafuse and a 1/2 cup of Mizano Hydrafuse with a few drops of Rosemary and Peppermint oil. This combines both moisture and protein. Since I missed my wash earlier this week my hair is so happy right now.

Happy steaming!!

Growingmyhairlong

My mom got me a steamer for Christmas so I am in!!!
1. How often you will steam? Weekly.
2. What method are you using to steam? Not sure of methods yet but maybe deep condition with plastic cap and steam for 30 minutes.
3. What products will you steam with? Still new to this so I will update you when I figure it out.

Growingmyhairlong

ok I got it. I will have the Huetiful hair steamer. I will use oils as well as conditioners. I will try to steam weekly but every two weeks at the least.

EnExitStageLeft

I steamed saturday with SD's Vanilla Silk mixed w/ various oils, honey, honeyquat, and glycerin. My hair indeed felt like silk :grin:.

Oceanfox

Count me in. I've been pretty good at steaming regularly for the second half of 2012, but never signed up for a challenge. My steamer sat out in my garage for ages and then in my spare room for literally years, so finally getting my money's worth!

1. How often you will steam?
After every wash, so generally weekly on a Sunday afternoon.
2. What method are you using to steam?
Using a standing steamer - with no plastic cap and hair clipped up at the back to give my ends the maximum moisture.
3. What products will you steam with?
Absolutely loving Alter Ego Energizing conditioner watered down with a cheaper conditioner and optionally mixed with panthenol, jojoba and agave nectar :lick:.

Nichelle_jb

I steam after my henna's perhaps I should start steaming during my henna's :scratchch

AtlantaJJ That's what I do...I apply my Henna to either dirty hair or freshly washed hair and then get under the steamer for approximately 1 hour. I then rinse, rinse, rinse. I follow up with Indigo under the steamer for another hour. More rinsing....and then I use one of my moisturizing deep conditioners and get under the steamer some more. Of course, by that time I'm sick of my hair and using the steamer :nono:

Nichelle_jb

Alta Angel

Nichelle_jb

I will be trying that next time I henna.

I am steaming now with Design Essentials Express Condish for 45 min-hour with my shower cap off. I use Roux Porosity Control for 30 seconds as a final cool water rinse out. Will follow that up with a roller set.

ConstantlyDynamic

I have a steamer that I haven't used in like a year! I'm gonna join part 2 and 3- hopefully I can keep up

1. How often you will steam? 1x a week
2. What method are you using to steam? Standing steamer
3. What products will you steam with? Moisturizing Dc's and protein treatments

DominicanBrazilian82

Rozlewis

1. How often you will steam?

2-3 x / month

2. What method are you using to steam?

My Heutiful Hair/Facial Steamer

3. What products will you steam with?

Tons of DC's, oils, butters and cremes.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Set the basement up for the kids over the last few days and now I've brought my steamer down. .. this should allow me to get more steam sessions in as I can steam while supervising their play:yep:

JustGROWwithIt

I'm in!! I love my steamer! Just used it today :)

1. How often you will steam? ONCE A WEEK
2. What method are you using to steam? HUETIFUL HAIR STEAMER
3. What products will you steam with? WEN CLEANSING CONDITIONER AND WEN DEEP CONDITIONER WEEKLY, MEGATEK CONDITIONER MONTHLY

Funmiloves

NJoy said:
Steaming kitchen concoction style.

NJoy

Please share the exact process for this. I've heard about it.... Warm towel, sower cap, warm towel and another shower cap? Then sit under a dryer? I don't have space nor the budget for a stand up steamer. I've been actually looking around the house of where I could store a stand up steamer, I know it's a worthwhile investment, so will save up for one.

Last edited:

LaidBak

I recently 'rediscovered" how much my hair loves steam. I will be doing this weekly with my floor steamer. I'll use moisturizing conditioners mixed with oils. Every time I do this my hair comes out soft and feeling healthy.

Angelicus

I'm not in the challenge but I just wanted to say that I steam weekly with a chosen Silk Dreams conditioner. I put on a hot wet turban, then a shower cap. I get under the dryer for 15-20 minutes while on LHCF and then rinse. My hair feels lovely!