Steam + Neem = Happy Hair (PICs)

biancaelyse

I pre-oiled my hair with Amla Oil, applied a box of Hesh Neem powder mixed with aloe vera juice, molasses and water to my hair and steamed it in for 30 minutes.

I let it cool and then cowashed with VO5 and sealed with castor oil and let air dry.

It was really soft and shiny!!

Here are my pics :grin:

Attachments

• SANY0427.jpg
    SANY0427.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 164
  • SANY0429.jpg
    SANY0429.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 142
  • SANY0431.jpg
    SANY0431.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 145
  • SANY0432.jpg
    SANY0432.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 129

Platinum

It's so shiny!:yep: Great job! I have some Neem powder at home but I've never used it. I'll have to try this.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
I thought you meant neem oil when I read the title. Now that would stink up your house for weeks.
It looks super soft!

biancaelyse

I thought you meant neem oil when I read the title. Now that would stink up your house for weeks.
It looks super soft!

LOL - I've never used neem oil but (unlike henna) the neem powder did not leave a scent in my hair at all. All I could smell was the VO5 :)

JJamiah

LOL - I've never used neem oil but (unlike henna) the neem powder did not leave a scent in my hair at all. All I could smell was the VO5 :)

Bianca, YOUR HAIR LOOKS great!

As one woman to another, PLEASE don't buy NEEM oil, PLEASE!

When you don't like some one tell them put Neem oil on! But make sure you really don't like them That smell stinks and no amount of PEPPERMINT, TEA TREE, can get rid of it! PUTRID!

YankeeCandle

It really does look great.

How often do you do this Amla oil and Neem combo? (I bought some a while back and I've been meanin to use it this way.)

I wonder though if all of these powders and potions (in general, not just neem) are not doing the heavy lifting. It seems more like it's the fact of the oil pre-poo or pre-condish that makes all the difference. The Neem on its own might have been drying.

What do you think?

biancaelyse

It really does look great.

How often do you do this Amla oil and Neem combo? (I bought some a while back and I've been meanin to use it this way.)

I wonder though if all of these powders and potions (in general, not just neem) are not doing the heavy lifting. It seems more like it's the fact of the oil pre-poo or pre-condish that makes all the difference. The Neem on its own might have been drying.

What do you think?

I think the powders do work for me. This is my 1st time with Neem, but I've used, Henna many times amd also Shikakai and Amla. I've pre-oiled before a co-wash and not gotten as good results so IMO the powders make a huge difference.

BTW, biancaelyse, do you have fine-textured strands?

Overall I have thick hair but I do have a patch of very fine hair along my hairline in the front and the crown area.

gadgetdiva

WOW! Thats beautiful! Your hair looks to be of a similar grade to my twin daughters. They want to wear it natural (non-flatironed no chemicals) but it gets 'excited' as one twin calls it, so they have a difficult time managing it.
I will have to try this.