Steaming after Moisturizing

Kindheart

I just steamed my hair briefly after applying Myhoneychild Type 4 cream and my hair is extremely soft .Steam helps product penetrating the hair shaft while infusing moisture .Does anybody else do this ?

I've always wondered about this but never tried it. I think that it could be useful to moisturise and refresh a tired wash n go. I will try it sometime...if i remember lol. I remember reading a post ages ago where a lady said that her husband gets his locs steamed and doesn't rinse after.

I have been thinking of doing this too but the thing that concerned me was not closing back my hair cuticles from the steam opening them up.

If there was a solution to that steaming for moisture would be a definite staple in my regimen!

Kindheart

Thanks for the Tip. I may try this with some of Claudie's Cremes.

I might try it as a Pre-Rx, Steam it in and then cowash it out.

Really Great Idea!:grin:

Never thought of this but it seems like a great idea!! I want to hear more about the cuticle not closing afterwards first.

Kindheart

Hi Lady!:grin: Girl, I think I 'may' try it with:

Isha
Quinoa Balancing
Ends Insurance (maybe)

I just got some MHC Honey Hemp Spread. I may try it with that too. Maybe some of the Creamy stuff I have?

@Kindheart

Hi Lady!:grin: Girl, I think I 'may' try it with:

Isha
Quinoa Balancing
Ends Insurance (maybe)

I just got some MHC Honey Hemp Spread. I may try it with that too. Maybe some of the Creamy stuff I have?
Nice ,I was thinking of the Isha one .Hows the Hemp Spread I heard mixed reviews about it ,what is it exactly ?

Kindheart

I just got it last week. It appears to be a Heavy Creme w/Olive Oil.:yep:

I also have some Saravun Butters that are very "Whippy" in consistency. I wonder how would they work.

I got to think about how I'll do it. Steam it on dry hair & cowash it out? I am still trying to figure that part out.

I don't have a steamer but I moisturize before I get in the shower. Not for hair washing but just a regular shower. the steaming effect helps the product penetrate and my hair is really soft.

Back