stinky scalp....

beana3

what can cause a stinky scalp?? I'm always in a hat, so i'm wondering if the hat is trapping ALL those funky smells. Maybe its time to give the WGO oil a rest and use more cremes on my hair.
My hair was really clean and I dont remember geting sooo excited over a wash day in a while. I know my hair was clean, what the heck is up with my scalp... is this a call to increase my weekly washes??

Maybe when i lightly oiled my scalp with WGO, i cursed myself to stinky hair...

londongirl3

lol beana /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I washed out the WGO oil after I used it. It really has a horrid smell. I think that the hat probably does contribute to it but you really shouldn't take it off especially if it is cold outside.

I would think that it is probably the wgo oil. It really is a weigh off between the benefits and the smell. I picked to drop the wgo. God that maybe good stuff but it sure does stink like a camel's behind /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

beana3

I'm finding creams to be more effective on my hair this winter anyway. I ran out of the WGO and normally i would've purchased a new bottle, but i decided to give my beloved WGO a rest.

I have creams galore in my house, ORS carrot oil which i'm heasistant to use without the WGO.. (Londondiva has me hooked), Breakfree by profectiv (OMG this stuff used overnight with a satin scarf REALLY penetrates and makes my hair look awesome!, and the elasta mango butter (a decent moisturizer that i may continue to use for its fragrance more than anything else).

I may just use plain ole olive oil to mix \with my carrot oil. and as my staple oil period.... hey its cheaper anyway with less stink!!

hada

I must concur,

I love me some WGO. But, when you wash your hair, please be mindful to really get to the scalp when using that oil. It can leave a film, mainly if you use too much. Also wash the hat too , it may be holding in that scent (Not saying you are dirty just saying that that particular oil may be in the hat too. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif) Try using WGO twice a week very lightly and interchange with something else on the other days.

hada