Straight styles and summer heat

soslychic

How many of you can still wear straight styles during the summer with no problem?

Also with a twist out, does your hair come out wavy and silky or a crimpy look?

kedala

I usually do the wavy look just for simplicity reasons. I don't really like wrapping my hair unless it's been freshly relaxed. I wash my hair, let it air completely dry and then put in three loose twists, to which I mist with my leave in conditioner. When I wake up the next morning it's like a relaxed S pattern.

I wear my hair in braid outs when I know I'm going clubbing...I can dance like it's no body's business and my hair will look the same leaving as it did when I arrived. I've also worn braid outs to amusement parks - an entire day at Kings Dominion and after each roller coaster all I would have to do is give my hair a good tossle with my hands and it's back to look good.

EmeraldSky

I wear my hair straight in the Summer alot\ without any problems. I think using very moistuirzing products and a good serum helps alot, I rollerset my hair after each wash and at night part it in front and then take each side like I was making pony tails and carry it over to the opposite side, pin it in place and then tie my head with a silk scarf. Wrapping my hair that way doesn't put any stress on my hair and causes no breakage, but keeps it straight. Also I use the twisty rollers at night if I want nice fluffy curls.

So far my twist-outs come out in between wavy and crimpy looking, I think I need a little more practice.

NAY007

i have no problem achieving a straight, wavy or bouncy hairstyle. but i'm just to lazy in this heat to use my blowdrier. i sweat like a pig. so i just wear it in protective styles or curly.

Peachtree

I'm currently wearing a straight style with no problem... then again, it hasn't really been "hot" here either

My "twist outs" come out nicely... wavy & silky down to the ends (thanks RabiaElaine)

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
i have no problem achieving a straight, wavy or bouncy hairstyle. but i'm just to lazy in this heat to use my blowdrier. i sweat like a pig. so i just wear it in protective styles or curly.

[/ QUOTE ]
D I T T O !

Cleo

I typically wear straight styles all year around. I wear my hair down 90% of the time and I never have much of a problem with the aummer heat. My hair is 3 inches from bra strap.

Lilydrake

I can still wear straight styles during the summer with no problem.

Also with a braid out, my pressed hair come out a wavy and silky or crimpy look.

lala

I've not experienced any problems with straight styles. We experience a lot of humidity in SW Ohio.

I wear my hair either hanging straight or in a ponytail (pinned up or hanging down). Using styling products that work well for my hair type, in combination with carrier oils and hair creams have helped me.

Chichi

I can wear straight styles (I moisturize during the day...) but will try more braidouts because of all this new growth. My braidouts come out wavy and silky (I do six cornrows while hair is wet).

Chichi

AMBERSKYE

I wear my hair in a straight style all year round.
My hair stays straight and bouncy regardless of the weather.
I get a wash & set weekly. On humid days I pin my hair up with a clip.
I wrap my hair every night as well.

*I apply IC Fantasia Hair Polisher (mist/drops) to my ends to avoid frizz.*

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
I'm currently wearing a straight style with no problem... then again, it hasn't really been "hot" here either

My "twist outs" come out nicely... wavy & silky down to the ends (thanks RabiaElaine)

[/ QUOTE ]

UPDATING MY POST ABOVE ...

Ok, we're getting some "heat" here in Cleve now + I'm 11 wks post touchup... wearing it straight is a thing of the past
. especially in this heat. I'm gonna twist it out, wear buns & natural braids til my next touch up.

skegeesmb

I can wear my hair straight without a problem. If it's humid outside I'll either wear my hair in a ponytail, or I'll wear it natural in a ponytail which gives me tight curls at the ends.