Summer is almost here!!!!!!!!!!11

so what kind of styles are you ladies plan on wearing for the summer. I live in the south so the summer heat does a number on curls, so they are out. i was thinking about some kind of phony pony:grin: or braids or kinky twist. i want to try something different. feel free to post pics and comment!!!!!!!!!!!

Well ......I'm on the West Coast ...I will be wearing braid-outs, High pony-tails and braids......I'm really thinking about getting some individuals

I'm in the south too, and I'm trying to figure out how best to take advantage of the growth spurt and the extra humidity. :look:

I dunno. I have a 'long' weekend though, and I see hair style experimentation in my future. :lol:

Last edited:
what i did today, my ovation trio in the a.m. and put a lil conditioner and coconut oil on it with a headband and walked out the door, now i'm rocking a jill scott (shorter version) look.

what i did today, my ovation trio in the a.m. and put a lil conditioner and coconut oil on it with a headband and walked out the door, now i'm rocking a jill scott (shorter version) look.

Sounds very pretty...

I will probably be doing mostly protective styling. I want to suprise myself and everyone around me come fall.

I'm hoping to do some kind of braid/twist style all summer (some with just my hair). I'm in the high desert part of Cali and I work out a lot AND I'm transitioning. The summers here are extremely hot (in excess of 100 most days) and dry, so I'll redo them every 4-6 weeks to make sure I'm doing an adequate job on the moisture.

i feel what u ladies are saying, i will be experimenting also, ive never done the pony tails but i will try,i have learned so much since ive joined this site, and i will most definitely try protective styling

Im from NY so I never know what to expect from our summers. I plan on cowashing daily or every other day because I hate feelling sticky and icky:nono:. Pony tails, baggying, wash n gos, braid out, flexi sets, KISS

I am so happy summer is almost here. Winter is soooo long in Chicago. I'm going to try my braided roots wash and go again. I hope this time will be more successful because I really enjoyed it.

Braids - probably for the entire summer too. I try to look too cute in the summertime so I KNOW I will over-manipulate this hair of mine.

I'll be rocking a sewn-in. I still get to be fun and flirty yet I am protecting all of my hair except my crown, which I plan to double up on the moisture.

I am not doing anything different, although I was thinking of getting some braids for the month of July. I don't know. I am going to be job hunting and I prefer wearing my own hair while interviewing. We'll see. Maybe I will get a new job and slap some braids in before my first day. :grin:

Otherwise, I am going to wear my hair down more often. Since it has warmed up, I have been enjoying my hair down everyday. I have been having a love affair with Carusos, too. I have really been having a lot of fun.

I have a section of breakage in the back. I think I failed to rinse out my relaxer good enough 3 or 4 relaxers ago. All I did was try a new shampoo, one without the color code pink action. :nono: I think I need that.

Anyway, I am thinking of using MN on that spot to give it a boost. Maybe I will just massage the area with some nice oil. Don't know - I may just leave it alone - it will grow back.

Back