PROTECTIVE STYLES

Do you plan on wearing protective styles during the summer?

• Total voters

TLC1020

Who plan on wearing protective styles during the summer?

I don't.. I will enjoy my hair and allow it to be free this summer!!! I feel as long as I continue to moisturize, keep a low-maintance(avatar) and continue to deep condition with heat once a week I will be ok... Not stretching to 12 weeks either..

Anticipating a summer spurt :)

Last edited:

ladylibra

i picked "sometimes" cuz i do wanna get cornrows a few times but more for style than protection... it will probably be like a cornrow puff so most of my hair will still be "out." i just wanna be cute, LOL :drunk:

LongHairDreams

Now that my hair has a little length...and looks somewhat descent in a style :look:, I figured i'd start wearing protective styles (finger coils, twists, braids). Plus, since its so hot here in the summer, my scalp will have access to some sun and air.

*5+5

I do, I do...I plan to wear a sew-in for may, feed-in cornrows for June....1/2 wig & bun for July & Aug. I'll enjoy my hair next summer God willing...:grin: I'm really on a prowl of getting to SL by Oct.....:pray:

AfroKink

My favorite hairstyles happen to be 'protective styles'. I voted sometimes because also like twist outs, and afro puffs too.

Lys

RegaLady

I am leaning more toward YES! I just started my journey. And I had my hair our last summer. So, I can spare this summer in protective styling. I do want to reach my goal.

Incredible1ne

I will. Actually I plan on doing protective styles for the rest of the year. Last month I had kinky twists, this month is cornrows, and in June I really want to try a weave, still debating the pros and cons of that one.

Sashaa08

I am. I want to protect my ends and also, it gets SO humid here in the summer that I hate to have my hair on my neck and back.

memee1978

im doing protective styles.as your hair get extremly long,the ends get really dry especiall with the weather changes.im aiming for tailbone by christams so i have to be extremly cautious with the last 6 inches of mt hair.but il problly do buns or twist....something like that.sexy but plain.:grin:

MsGardner78

I will be wearing protective styles for the summer. I have recently started working out so these styles will be best for me. Also I want to reach full BSL by Dec '08

Queen V

I voted "sometimes"; now that I've lost a bit of length due to my recent trim (sad but necessary), I've got to keep my regimen going in order to retain as much growth as possible. That being said, I still plan to rock a cute style from time to time for those summer events. All things in moderation, I figure.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I'm 14 months post relaxer, so I'll be protective styling it through most of the summer. Wearing it out is too difficult with the two textures competing, unless I either:

a) flat iron it or
b) use my Curlformers

I can trot those two styles out every once in a while, but it's mostly protective styling for me.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
The easiest thing for me to do is a protective updo so I'll continue to do that in summer. Since it will be a few degrees warmer and humid, I'm definitely wearing updos.

Traycee

I picked sometimes............I plan on wearing a lot of braid-outs because its fun and easy....I will be wearing protective styles because I'm active in the summer.....It's hot and my hair will get on my nerves...........When its real hot I just want to be comfortable ....I don't want hair sticking to my back and neck because I'm sweating.....I 'll be wearing some buns and high pony tails

Pheonixx

I will be...
Don't want to but I have to be disciplined if I'm ever going to reach hair goals.
I'm sick of braidouts so I will prolly get a sew-in...

JustKiya

Oh, definitely. This hair is too hot, and gets dry way too fast, for me to have it out in the Southern Summer Sun. :nono: That's a short road to damage, right there.

I would like to try to switch up my styles, though.

memee1978

i love looking at love dread locs.i may try the twisted out imitaion of locs.....2 strand twist this summer too.:grin:

ladylibra

I picked sometimes............I plan on wearing a lot of braid-outs because its fun and easy....I will be wearing protective styles because I'm active in the summer.....It's hot and my hair will get on my nerves...........When its real hot I just want to be comfortable ....I don't want hair sticking to my back and neck because I'm sweating.....I 'll be wearing some buns and high pony tails

i feel ya on that! :grin: on the super-hot days i will be in puffs/buns if my hair isn't cornrowed, i guess those count as protective styles in a way.

ShiShiPooPoo

Check out my siggy...

That is how I will be wearing my hair ALL SUMMER. I plan on getting some BT and goin' to town. I can't wear my hair down in ATL heat:wacky:

classi123

I voted sometimes... I will wear protective style from end of may to mid june (weave). And rollersets for the rest of the summer!!:grin:

Soliel185

I want to try kinky twists this summer. I'm transitioning, and I'm impatient to have curls and kinks! I think the kinky twists will give me a taste of that, while keeping my hair manageable and cute. Plus, they're versatile so I can wear them up or down.

I'd go ahead and do it now, but we're going to a wedding in 2 wks and I know my SO won't care if I wear my hair up, so long as it's not braided or something.

I might try rows with extentions & and a side part going to a low pony or bun too.

JustKiya

Check out my siggy...

That is how I will be wearing my hair ALL SUMMER. I plan on getting some BT and goin' to town. I can't wear my hair down in ATL heat:wacky:

oooh, that's nice!! Maybe that's how I'll switch up my style - start rocking some flyer flattwists...

miami74

I will be wearing protective styles this summer and for the rest of the year! In the past, I've always worn my hair out. Now that I'm on a mission to grow my hair long, I want to protect those ends so they can stay with me for a while. Besides, the heat down here is no joke during the summer. Wearing it up is the way to go for me.

LivingDoll

Since I'm almost long enough for an eensy weensy ponytail, I'll be protective stylin and profilin' all summer....baggying all day...everyday. :grin:

growinglong777

ME! It gets too hot and humid where I live.. so I will be rocking spiral curls in an updo and my fake ponytail, and combing only when I wash and deep condition, once a week!

Ivie184

Since I really want to reach my goals, I will be wearing protective styles as well but I'm itching to try something different..braidouts, plaits, cornrows, flattwists, wash 'n' go...just to try.

Last edited:

Qualitee

Ofcourse!!!!! Summer is when you get the most growth and I wouldn want that to break off. I'm shooting for four inches this summer!:tantrum:
Most people hair grows fast in the summer! :pity: