Styling gel - natural or relaxed hair

fifi28

Hi ladies, Those who frequently use styling gel, could you please name the brand you use the most? Also Could you please tell how often you do wash or cowash afterwards. I've been using the Green ecostyler and the orange one almost daily for wash n go's (in fact cowash n go,yup in this cold weather) and I'm wondering how drying it can be. CAN you please shore your experience and/or knowledge?

I'm really interested in this too. I want to try wash n gos but the whole gel learning curve keeps me from even starting the process.

Bumping...I'm thinking about switching over to gels too. I've been experiencing the effects of overmoisturized hair and butters and oils are starting to weigh my hair down to the ground, especially after clarifying. I think it all started after prolonged use of products containing glycerin.

clear or blue fantasia ic gel with sparkelites
afroveda whipped gelly

i coat my hair with leave-in before using & i also use the leave-in to detangle.

I don't do wash and go's but I do use products to tame my edges and nape.

I love Bee Mine Curly Butter and AfroVeda Whipped Gelly for a nice hold without dryness, hardening, buildup or flaking.

I used eco styler (green) many times but it hardens the hair too much for my liking.

Aloe vera gel provides a nice hold as well.

I don't do wash and go's but I do use products to tame my edges and nape.

I love Bee Mine Curly Butter and AfroVeda Whipped Gelly for a nice hold without dryness, hardening, buildup or flaking.

I used eco styler (green) many times but it hardens the hair too much for my liking.

Aloe vera gel provides a nice hold as well.

Love you divachyk you stay dropping good hints and advice!

:hug2:

IC Fantasia clear gel & flaxseed gel are my faves. I like flaxseed gel most but get too lazy to make it sometimes... It simultaneously holds & conditions my hair to the MAX. I had to kick Eco styler (olive & Argan) to the curb. Eco was a great value with great hold but made my hair unhealthily crunchy & dry if used alone. Unlike the other two... Ain't nobody got time fa that.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I use pink eco Styler for buns, which gives my hair a soft but smooth hold. I tried the green and it made my hair hard.

I use kinky kurly curling Custard for wash and gos.

I always use leave-in under either one and sometimes oil depending on the type of leave-in and the weather.

Back