Suave Clarifying Shampoo?

jamoca5

Hey ladies, I'm trying to find a good clarifying shampoo. At first I considered the one from the Curls line, but $12 for 8oz is just ridiculous. It's not happening. So, online, I just found a clarifying shampoo from Suave that's 22.5oz (I believe) and REALLY inexpensive. The online reviews said good things, but I'm not too familiar with the Suave line. Has anyone else used this shampoo? And if so, it's not too drying, is it?

B3e

i use it to clarify. Works for my hair. The way I prevent dryness is by conditioning with suave coconut or vo5 tea therapy right after...not sure if that defeats the purpose of clarifying but it definitely leaves my hair feeling and smelling WONDERFUL!

kmn1980

Emoticons don't affect me
That's what I use when I need to clarify. The first time I used it, I lathered twice and my hair was squeaky clean. I could actually hear it squeak. So the next time around, I just lathered once and my hair still got clean but not completely stripped.

MsChelle

I use it. I don't dare lather twice though. The one time I did my hair did feel stripped and really dry. I followed up by DC'ing and all was well with the world again.

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
I use it like 1 or 2x a month to clarify. I was looking at others but since it was cheap and i don't use it often thats why i bought. I only lather up real good once and continue with my normal shampoo bar.

hannan

It gets the job done. It's drying but all will be well as long as you DC afterwards. I don't bother wasting too much $$ on a clarifying shampoo that'll only be used once a month.

manter26

I usually only clarify if I've used a lot of products or cones. I don't find it drying. I like the clean feeling and sometimes I lather twice or follow up with another shampoo. I use regular conditioner or DC afterward. I would purchase again.

Egyptjones

I've been using it for years and it is the only clarifying shampoo that doesn't dry my hair out.

lilsparkle825

All shampoos dry my hair out, so I usually do ACV rinses instead. However, Suave Clarifying used to be a staple of mine. It's less than $2 for a bottle that should last about a year or so.

OsnapCnapp!

I use Suave Clarifying shampoo once a month or whenever it is needed. One shampoo that is all you need, no repeats. It will definitely get your hair very clean but do follow up with a good conditioner. I have noticed that when I use it that my curls react in a strange way. They pop up all over the place and are more defined. Im very confused by that...but still follow up with a good conditioner. But you made a great choice it gets the job done.

BEAUTYU2U

I use it from time to time ... I've had it over a year and I'm only half way thru the bottle (lol) A little goes a long way. It is a tad bit stripping but after conditioning, I can't tell the difference. Works for me, two thumbs up.

Majestye

I've used it once about a month ago, my first time clarifying. Just before my first henna. I couldn't condition afterward to ensure my henna covered my gray well. I can't remember how many times I lathered, but it was probably twice. My hair was indeed squeaky clean! Literally. Felt a tad bit weird. Not really dry per se, but I guess deep down clean. Anywho, I air dryed, and actually liked how my hair felt.

I would definitely recommend, and I like their conditioner too (when you need a cheapy). Now, I understand their commercial pitch!

LaToya28

I love it! Even if I lather twice my hair is still not super dry. It's definitely worth a try.

SmilingElephant

I use ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo to clarify/neutralize.....kill two birds with one stone:D

But i was curious about the Suave Clarifying shampoo.