Clarifying shampoo

Lilmama1011

I was looking at clarifying shampoos and I saw it range from 1.14 (suave)and stopped at $20(mizani) .Does it matter price wise since the motive is to just clean it deeply? I was thinking it doesn't make since to spend twenty when in reality you can buy cheap shampoo that say moisturizing that end up drying out your hair anyway!

Guinan

Re-Branding
I don't think that it matters the price. It just so happens that the products that I like to use on my hair are more money.

Americka

No, price does not matter. I've never paid more than six bucks for a clarifying poo (ORS), but if I discovered one that worked better than ORS and it was more expensive, I would buy it. I like the Vo5 clarifiers as well and they are at the bottom of the price spectrum. It is all about what works for you.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive

candy626

The best clarifying shampoo I ever used is under $8 dollars at Sallys: Ion Color Defense Clarifying Shampoo.
It definitely clairifes but is gentle enough to not turn your hair to straw or strip your hair color.

Money doesn't matter when choosing products but quality does. There are low cost products that are good quality. That shampoo is one of them.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Nope! I used to use the Suave Daily Clarifying and would find it on sale for 89cents. It sure did strip everything out of my hair! :lol: Now I used Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat; more money, but better for the health of my hair, as I find that it doesn't strip or irritate my scalp.

Angelinhell

JJamiah said:
I use Ion Clarifying Shampoo from Sally's works like a charm.

This is what I use too. It's actually the only shampoo my mom always kept in the house. Smells like tangerines too.

alive

I was looking at clarifying shampoos and I saw it range from 1.14 (suave)and stopped at $20(mizani) .Does it matter price wise since the motive is to just clean it deeply? I was thinking it doesn't make since to spend twenty when in reality you can buy cheap shampoo that say moisturizing that end up drying out your hair anyway!

Nah, i don't think price matters. I've always thought the same thing about regular shampoos as well. when i think my hair needs extra cleaning, i generally just pick up a regular bottle of shampoo and it does the trick Lol

i really want to try Nexxus Aloe Rid though but so far, my inner PJ has stayed in check :lol:

Ronnieaj

I don't think price matters, but I'm not going to just buy anything. The Suave clarifying poo made me scared to touch my hair, it was so squeaky. I normally use ORS, but might try the Ion later (though since I haven't used a clarifying poo this year, maybe not :look:). Some companies might use more than one clarifying ingredient, hence the difference in hair feeling. I don't think I'd spend more than $7-8 on one.

Lilmama1011

candy626 said:
The best clarifying shampoo I ever used is under $8 dollars at Sallys: Ion Color Defense Clarifying Shampoo.
It definitely clairifes but is gentle enough to not turn your hair to straw or strip your hair color.

Money doesn't matter when choosing products but quality does. There are low cost products that are good quality. That shampoo is one of them.

I think I might get that one because I have colored hair as well. I forgot a clarifying shampoo can strip you hair, I will definitely check that out!

Lilmama1011

candy626 said:

Purple bottle right ?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Right now I like:

Eulcence Acidifying/Clarifying/Chelating Shampoo.

But to be honest with you, my favorite Clarifier was:

Avalon Organics Clarifying Conditioner Lemon, Shea and Babbasu Conditioner. *this is whats up*:yep:

Really liked the Conditioner more than the Shampoo (because I try to 'not' use 'Poo)

Another one I like are:

Abba Molasses Shampoo *can't find it any more*

Lilmama1011

candy626 said:
Yes, purple bottle. This is definitely a good one to have in your stash of products.

So basically you get the clean feeling without your hair feeling stripped and you color being taking away right?

Lilmama1011

IDareT'sHair said:
Right now I like:

Eulcence Acidifying/Clarifying/Chelating Shampoo.

But to be honest with you, my favorite Clarifier was:

Avalon Organics Clarifying Conditioner Lemon, Shea and Babbasu Conditioner. *this is whats up*:yep:

Really liked the Conditioner more than the Shampoo (because I try to 'not' use 'Poo)

Another one I like are:

Abba Molasses Shampoo *can't find it any more*

I didn't even know they has clarifying conditioner ! But don't see no use for it when I only want my conditioner to be moisturizing

Lilmama1011

Lilmama1011 said:
I didn't even know they has clarifying conditioner ! But don't see no use for it when I only want my conditioner to be moisturizing

I was actually wondering that early this morning when I was searching for clarifying shampoos I thought about clarifying conditioner

Lilmama1011

One more question ladies, even tho I could make another thread but it's on the same subject so... If you are swimming(chlorine is involved of course) can I still use the clarifying shampoo or buy a chelating shampoo as well? I want to get ready for the summer. I heard before you swim you wet your hair first so your hair will take on more pure water than chlorine and put conditioner on your hair and best to braid it so hair won't be everywhere

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

@Lilmama1011

I thought you were leaning toward using Cleansing Conditioners (maybe that was another poster).

The Avalon Organics Lemon, Shea, Babbasu will definitely thoroughly Clean your Hair (like a Clarifying Shampoo) w/o being as stripping as a Shampoo.

Lilmama1011

IDareT'sHair said:
@Lilmama1011

I thought you were leaning toward using Cleansing Conditioners (maybe that was another poster).

The Avalon Organics Lemon, Shea, Babbasu will definitely thoroughly Clean your Hair (like a Clarifying Shampoo) w/o being as stripping as a Shampoo.

I use WEN that cleansing conditioner and was looking for something equivalent to terressential left lemon coast but for relaxed hair because that is very moisturizing to natural hair and would take a long time for relaxed hair to take in that product without any hint of protein just moisture because WEN has wheat protein. So basically looking for a cleansing conditioner so moisturizing you don't have to deep condition even tho I will because I enjoy doing that extra step so will just have extra moisture. I had gave up on that and just say I will stay with the wen but now looking for strictly a clarifying shampoo because I don't clarify and only neutralize when I get a relaxer so need to get rid of excess build up if WEN hasn't already did that

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Lilmama1011

I think you should 'play' around with a Clarifying Conditioner. It may give you the best of both worlds.

Remove build-up and clarify at the same time. (Which is what the Avalon did for me). I think VO5 has a Clarifying Conditioner.

I'm relaxed as well.

Anyway, some other Clarifying Shampoos that I have used and/or have in my Stash:

Abba Molasses Clarifying Shampoo *actually really good, can't find it any more*

Eulcence Acidifying/Clarifying/Chelating/Neutralizing Shampoo *my current fav in actual shampoos*

Redken Cleansing Creme *have not tried it yet*

Nexxus Aloe Rid (actually Chelates & Clarifies)

Aubrey Organics *didn't like this one at all*

Avalon Organics Lemon, Shea, Babbasu (I had the Shampoo & the Conditioner and liked the conditioner more)

Iluvsmuhgrass

Quantum Clarifying Shampoo is my fave. It's not pricey, doesn't make me itch, and it doesn't strip my hair or scalp.

Lilmama1011

IDareT'sHair said:
@Lilmama1011

I think you should 'play' around with a Clarifying Conditioner. It may give you the best of both worlds.

Remove build-up and clarify at the same time. (Which is what the Avalon did for me). I think VO5 has a Clarifying Conditioner.

I'm relaxed as well.

Anyway, some other Clarifying Shampoos that I have used and/or have in my Stash:

Abba Molasses Clarifying Shampoo *actually really good, can't find it any more*

Eulcence Acidifying/Clarifying/Chelating/Neutralizing Shampoo *my current fav in actual shampoos*

Redken Cleansing Creme *have not tried it yet*

Nexxus Aloe Rid (actually Chelates & Clarifies)

Aubrey Organics *didn't like this one at all*

Avalon Organics Lemon, Shea, Babbasu (I had the Shampoo & the Conditioner and liked the conditioner more)

Ok, definitely considering it