Suggestions Needed: Cover Up Indigo/Henna Smell

He_Leads_I_follow

Hi -
Can anyone suggests some oils to help cover up the smell from Indigo and Henna? I did a henna and indigo treatment on a friend a month ago and she had a violent reaction to the smell. it gave her a terrible headache. It was scary! I think next time I will base her scalp like I would a relaxer in case the mixture on her scalp caused it. But she is also sensitive to smells so I want to cover up the smell as well to see if this helps.

I appreciate your input.

Sorry to hear this happened to your friend.

I recently (a week ago) did Henna / Indigo. Thought it smelled like spinach..oh, well. I based my scalp just because I wasn't familiar with the product (didn't know if it would burn...yahda...yahda..). Just to let you know...the base did nothing to break down the smell :nono: so not sure what else you could do beyond maybe adding lavendar/rosemary eos to the mix?

However, if she's sensitive to smells - those may bother her as well :ohwell:

A blend of peppermint and rosemary essential oils added to the paste before applied to hair masks the smell.

Thanks for responding! No, the base has nothing to do with controlling the smell. I just thought I would try that in case she got a headache from the mixture penetrating her scalp. I wanted oil suggestions so I can bring her to the health store and smell them to see if she can tolerate the smell. I didn't want to just try any oil she may like because they may not be strong enough to cover the smell. For instance , she likes vanilla but I don't see how that could cover the smell. :ohwell: So I thought it best to gather the info from experienced folks like yourself and start from there!

Thanks again for your input!:yep:

Back