Sulfur free growth aid

Babygrowth

Hey yall! I want to hide my hair for the rest of the year and while its hibernating I want to boost its growth potential. I'm breastfeeding which is why I'm staying away from sulfur for now and I don't want to do MN or MT. Help me find something all natural/organic to grow my hair please.

You can use essential oils like peppermint, thyme, and lavender mixed within a carrier oil or pomade. Rosemary is a popular essential oil for hair growth, but it is not advised for use during pregnancy or breast feeding. Try to stay away from it if you can.

I'm doing castor oil, grapeseed oil, cayenne pepper, & garlic. You can infuse the herbs into the oil by putting them in the oven @ 200 degrees for about 4 hrs the strain if you don't want to have the herbs directly on your scalp.

If you don't mind doing the mixing, I'd say put Onion & Garlic in your shampoo, and Biotin & MSM in your conditioner. You can also add Rosemary to your shampoo as well. The onion & garlic are natural sources of sulfur, and the rosemary is good for your hair as well as good for hair growth. The Biotin is also great for hair and works applied topically, and the MSM is also a natural sulfur. You can either use an organic preservative, or keep the shampoo in the fridge to keep it fresh. The conditioner won't need to be refrigerated.

MrsJaiDiva said:
If you don't mind doing the mixing, I'd say put Onion & Garlic in your shampoo, and Biotin & MSM in your conditioner. You can also add Rosemary to your shampoo as well. The onion & garlic are natural sources of sulfur, and the rosemary is good for your hair as well as good for hair growth. The Biotin is also great for hair and works applied topically, and the MSM is also a natural sulfur. You can either use an organic preservative, or keep the shampoo in the fridge to keep it fresh. The conditioner won't need to be refrigerated.

I have a scalp oil mix that I added fresh garlic and onion to its almost gone so I purchased some peppermint oil to make a new mix with soon I am also nursing a little one and I don't think the essential oils affect that at all. Jmo

Believe it or not, hiding your hair will be the most effective way to get the growth you want.

Is MN safe for breastfeeding? I heard cayenne pepper isn't.

I used cayenne pepper when I nursed. I am someone who loves spicy foods. I had no difficulties with nursing or my milk. I think that's an old wives tale TBH.

OP if you have any questions about what's okay to use then check with your Doc to be on the safe side.

Thanks everyone! I was already going to try garlic with EVOO as a treatment for shedding but I may add this to a growth mix. How are yall applying your mixes? Are you leaving them in or washing them out like a prepoo? I'm thinking castor oil, EVOO, garlic, onion, cayenne pepper and maybe peppermint (whenever I can get to trader joes or whole foods to get some) all put into the food processor! I'm usually the type of gal to buy it and try it not make it but I'm getting over that slowly but surely.

sckri23 as soon as I made the post I was like 'oh yeah there's castor oil' but let see some other ideas.

soulglo I was going to get the sulfur free version but its made to order and she's not feeling well right now so until she gets better I won't be able to get it.

BraunSugar How much cayenne pepper do you use and is it the kind you use from the grocery store?

MrsJaiDiva Where would I get the biotin and msm from to mix in my treatment?

I got mine from Amazon.

Biotin: http://www.amazon.com/Life-Extensio...&qid=1347075731&sr=1-1&keywords=biotin+powder

MSM: http://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Pur..._4?ie=UTF8&qid=1347075781&sr=8-4&keywords=MSM

I haven't worked with Biotin, since I take a hair, skin & nail, as well as a prenatal. MSM is Very easy to add to hair products....put about 1 heaping tablespoon full in a microwave safe container, and Just cover it with water...should be almost more MSM than water. Then microwave till the mixture turns clear...after that you have to quickly add the MSM to whatever you're adding it to, because it will crystallize on you. Once it's blended in, it won't clump up though.

Thanks everyone! I was already going to try garlic with EVOO as a treatment for shedding but I may add this to a growth mix. How are yall applying your mixes? Are you leaving them in or washing them out like a prepoo? I'm thinking castor oil, EVOO, garlic, onion, cayenne pepper and maybe peppermint (whenever I can get to trader joes or whole foods to get some) all put into the food processor! I'm usually the type of gal to buy it and try it not make it but I'm getting over that slowly but surely.

@sckri23 as soon as I made the post I was like 'oh yeah there's castor oil' but let see some other ideas.

@soulglo I was going to get the sulfur free version but its made to order and she's not feeling well right now so until she gets better I won't be able to get it.

@BraunSugar How much cayenne pepper do you use and is it the kind you use from the grocery store?

I use 2 tbsps for every 4 oz of oil, but that is only because I don't use any essential oils in my mix. If I did then I would only use 1 tbsp for every 4 oz. I get a nice warm tingle without my scalp feeling like it is on fire.

I use 2 tbsps for every 4 oz of oil, but that is only because I don't use any essential oils in my mix. If I did then I would only use 1 tbsp for every 4 oz. I get a nice warm tingle without my scalp feeling like it is on fire.

How are you using this? Prepooing or something else?

I have a scalp oil mix that I added fresh garlic and onion to its almost gone so I purchased some peppermint oil to make a new mix with soon I am also nursing a little one and I don't think the essential oils affect that at all. Jmo

How much onion? I'm thinking about doing an overnight prepoo and I dont want to stink up the room or smell too much like I need to add myself to a skillet! lol

Babygrowth

In no particular order:

Claudie Iman Scalp Butter
Claudie Hairline & Temple Balm Revitalizer
Hairitage Hydrations "Sprout"
Hairitage Hydrations "Jar Of Joe"
It's Perfectly Natural's Root Food, Root Food II and Tea-Lightful Shine Pomade
Liquid Gold's "Green Magic"
Brown Butter Beauty's Mixed Greens
Hair Trigger Growth Elixir
Tiiva's Shea Growth Pomade
Afroveda's Shikakai Growth Oil