Topical Growth Aid For Edges!

MsSanz92

So my edges have been thinning and are extra short (I need to lay off the weaves and braids for a bit to baby them back to health), and I'm looking into some topical growth aids to use to get them to grow back. I know of and have used JBCO, but I'm interested in something a little potent that contains a growth aid like sulfur. I also plan on using Phytotraxil, which is specifically formulated for traction alopecia from weaves and too tight astyling, but does anyone have other suggestions? I am taking and love Manetabolism for my overall hair health and saw that they also have a growth oil, but I am interested in something specifically that has sulfur in it. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Kindheart

Have you tried Claudie's Hair elixir ? That really worked to get fuller hair she also has specific products for growth and edges
,also poo bars made a huge difference in terms of density

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    745.5 KB · Views: 40

MsSanz92

Have you tried Claudie's Hair elixir ? That really worked to get fuller hair she also has specific products for growth and edges
,also poo bars made a huge difference in terms of density

I've heard of Claudie's Hair Elixir but I've never used it. I know it was really popular at one time on here I will check it out

claud-uk

You could buy some Sublimed Sulfur/Flowers of Sulfur, add it to JBCO and make your own mix.

I had NO EDGES after 30 years of high tight ponytails, plus weave glue took a 1" patch from the very front center of my head at the hairline (it was scabby and bleeding, I even told my SO and daughter that I had walked into an open cupboard door. This happened twice, and I told them the same story twice). I looked like a FOOL. Another 2" patch on the side of my head that has been completely smooth and bald for 17 years.

I started my HHJ in Feb 2012 but only in the last two months since I started massaging this mix in daily has my temples started filling in. Gone from bald and shiny to baby hairs, and now the baby hairs are long enough to actually make braids out of.

My mix contains:

Sulfur, JBCO, regular Castor oil, Omega 369 oil, odourless Garlic capsule oil, Peppermint/Black Pepper/Rosemary essential oils.

Occasionally I crush a biotin tablet into my mix, and just this week I've started adding Cayenne pepper. I massage every day, I have been doing this for 12 weeks since 8th Nov and no more bald spots anywhere - I can't even find them looking/feeling closely. My temples and babyhair are filled in to the point where they're no longer baby hairs but proper long hairs. I say try making your own mix first without all the chemicals and stuff in, you really only need the essential active ingredients (oils and sulfur), not all the extras they put in.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Gro aut oil is the best smelling sulfur growth aid in my opinion.
The ingredients are simple and it's actually easy to make at home. I used coconut oil, evoo, lavender, peppermint and sublimed sulfur. It also contains amla, biotin and sesame oil, but I didn't want to use my biotin pills and I don't have amla/sesame.

CodeRed

Sulfur, JBCO, regular Castor oil, Omega 369 oil, odourless Garlic capsule oil, Peppermint/Black Pepper/Rosemary essential oils.

I've thought about getting black pepper... How has it benefitted your hair? Have you tried it alone or only mixed with other essential oils? TIA.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
BUMP I would suggest making your own sulfur oil with a base like Annabelle's Hurry Up and Grow. Her scents really cover the sulfur smell.

Sulfur oils really worked well for me before I got sick. Now my medications won't let my edges be great.

claud-uk

I've thought about getting black pepper... How has it benefitted your hair? Have you tried it alone or only mixed with other essential oils? TIA.

@CodeRed - I'm only halfway through my first bottle of black pepper so I cannot accurately say, but I take it bc it aids with circulation and stimulation of the scalp follicles and I haven't tried it alone (after all this time i ain't GNTFT waiting for results!)

My temples have crept to within 1" of my eyebrows from being stripped nekked 1" all the way round the front of my head :amen:

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
I second emu oil. I'm trying to regrow my edges with it. I haven't been consistent with it :-( but I've seen a few youtube videos of those who have been successful with it. MissCinnamonCakes is one of them. she was the video i saw that made me go buy it.

Whatever you try though, consistency is key.

danysedai

I just bought 2 bottles of Dominican Magic scalp drops. I finished Cren and wanted Alter Ego Nequal drops.
The Dominican Magic drops have:arnica,echinacea,horsetail,rosemary,hydrolized wheat, wheat germ,jojoba,vitamin e,castor oil,peppermint oil, cinnamon extract, aloe vera juice.
Nequal drops have:soy protein,menthol,seaweed extract,nettle, rosemary.

Smiley79

I'm currently using the Nequal drops as well. I'm giving it atleast 6 months before I do a results update.

danysedai

I'm currently using the Nequal drops as well. I'm giving it atleast 6 months before I do a results update.
you are right, I read reviews of people using the drops 2 weeks and not seeing results. Give them time, consistency is key. That's why I bought the 2 bottle combo to use them back to back. will use them on my weekly wash when I rollerset.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Thank you guys for the suggestions. I stumbled across another topical growth aid called Grow Gorgeous Hair Growth Serum Intense here's a link below:
http://growgorgeous.com/product/serum-intense-60ml

It doesn't contain sulfur, but has anyone used it or heard of it?
Cvs never has this in stock, but they carry this line. I have read a few of the reviews and it seems like a good product for thickening your hair.

MsSanz92

I just bought 2 bottles of Dominican Magic scalp drops. I finished Cren and wanted Alter Ego Nequal drops.
The Dominican Magic drops have:arnica,echinacea,horsetail,rosemary,hydrolized wheat, wheat germ,jojoba,vitamin e,castor oil,peppermint oil, cinnamon extract, aloe vera juice.
Nequal drops have:soy protein,menthol,seaweed extract,nettle, rosemary.

I used to use these as well and really liked them. I wasn't that consistent to see results, but I will revisit them. The formula is different though/is discontinued, so I did buy the Alter Ego Botanikare Energizing drops a couple months ago, but unfortunately the bottle fell of my dresser and broke; I was pissed! It was almost full $30 down the drain!. I'll get another one though and see how it works. I use them all over my scalp after washes not just only my edges, but I guess I could concentrate on them specifically.

MsSanz92

Cvs never has this in stock, but they carry this line. I have read a few of the reviews and it seems like a good product for thickening your hair.

They have an intense version on Target's website that I saw, but $50 for a 2 oz product is pricey. I probably will try the Gro-Aut Oil first since it's cheaper, but I am desperate! I can't deal with how healthy the rest of my hair is only to have thin edges : (

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
thank you @claud-uk i'm going to order all of the ingredients. hopefully this mixture will get me some results. i might alternate this with the other essential oil blend with thyme, lavender, rosemary, cedarwood, grapeseed and jojoba

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
@claud-uk my order with all of your ingredients shipped and should arrive tomorrow! i just need to go to walgreens or somewhere to get the garlic capsules. really excited to see if this gives me growth

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
day one of the concoction that @claud-uk suggested next time i'll get two bottles of the garlic capsules because one bottle barely gave me enough oil. hoping this works because i feel like i've tried everything

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I've been taking an internal/external approach which is working.

I apply a mix of JBCO, emu and peppermint oil to my thinning areas. I've also started following a higher protein, lower carb diet with exercise. I've also checked and increased my vitamin D and Iron intakes. I take pictures weekly and within two months I can actually see the results of my hard work.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
For years Ive tried everything for my traction alopecia spot. Claudie's, emu oil, jbco, that sulfur oil someone on the board was selling, the proven hair growth blend......among other things. I'm thinking of trying monistat but I thought I tried some sort of MN back in the day with no results. This thread is right on time cuz I'm really wanting this area filled in.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
@mzteaze how much iron are you taking a day? i was upping my iron intake but i read on here that it can be dangerous. i was doing 60 mg a day. now i just take it once a week