Sulphur and Accelerated Hair Growth

summerof1990

Have you or anyone witnessed hair growth from sulphur (not the hair product)

I've used it topically but wasnt sure was that from sulphur or not?

I was wondering if you could take this as a suplement?

Aviah

I've tried it before but didn't stick with it long enough to see any results.
I'm trying it again with MN and JBCO hoping for good growth. The reviews I've seen are great, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Bump!

candie19

I found NJoys old recipe of her sulfur oil and I got dramatic growth. I had an inch in one month. It was freaking me out how fast it grew but.... My hair started shedding and breaking severely. I thought it was the cold air but it was actually the sulfur. I saw the signs that something was wrong but I wanted longer hair. So I've switched to cayenne/oil mix and my hair is growing but not as fast as the sulfur mix.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I have NJoy's Long & Healthy Hair Growth oil (the one that she now sells). She stopped promoting the old mix that candie19 mentioned because the sulfur percentages weren't being controlled. It also wasn't as moisturizing as this new one. It could dry out the hair and cause breakage with the sulfur not being exact.

I used her new one from March - September last year and received pretty good results. I stopped from Sept. to December and saw less growth. I've since gone back to it, and have been using it every other day for about a month now. I hope to see good growth again.

The first pic is February 2013, and the second pic is September 2013.

Attachments

• Hair 2-18-13 028.jpg
    Hair 2-18-13 028.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 112
  • Hair 9-14-2013.jpg
    Hair 9-14-2013.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 107

Ms. Tiki

I've use the original Njoy recipe as it was written and saw great results. If you do use it you have to follow the recipe exactly and up your moisturizing. I would suggest trying her new formula if you are thinking of trying it again.

Gr8ness83

I used NJoys sulfur recipe a few years ago (mixed it up myself) and like the other ladies, I saw really good growth. I can't really comment in the shedding because I got the Depo shot which reinvented what shedding hair really means bit since it was a shot I couldn't do anything but wait until the hormones were out of my system. Last June/July I ordered her new recipe from her site and I still have some left. I can't say that I saw more or less growth with her new recipe because I don't think I have been all that consistent. I mixed up her old sulfur recipe and I have amazing growth. I don't have any issue with shedding or dryness that I've seen although my hair is in box braids. I oil my scalp, and I moisturize and seal the hair still. When I take out different braids to redo them I only have a couple of she's hairs per braid. I also take vitamins so I won't say it's the sulfur alone

candie19

Anyone have the recipe? I have some sulfur and many oils on hand and I'd like to try it.

(Old version)
N-Joys growth serum
1 heaping tsp Sublimed Sulfur Powder
4 oz Organic Jojoba Oil
2 oz Jamaican Black Castor Oil
2 oz Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil(EVOO)
4-5 drops Rosemary Oil
4-5 drops Peppermint Oil

Last edited:

bronxchick

Candied Yam
I would like to try and make some of this formula. I have heard some ppl complain about the Jamaican black castor oil giving their hair shedding issues. Can someone recommend a good alternative?

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
What about the smell? The sulphur is so pungent and I would hate my hair to stink of that stuff.

Wildchild453 The formula that NJoy sells is not as pungent. It actually doesn't smell bad to me at all considering that it has sulfur. You don't use much at all. I do use fragrant lotions/creams in my hair too. I also have used The Pomade Shop's (Etsy) sulfur pomades. Not sure if they gave me as much growth as NJoy's oil though. But they smell great w/out even a semblance of sulfur smell.

I would like to try and make some of this formula. I have heard some ppl complain about the Jamaican black castor oil giving their hair shedding issues. Can someone recommend a good alternative?

bronxchick I would try the JBCO before you rule it out. You never know how it's going to react with your hair. Besides, it may be the sulfur causing the shedding rather than the oil for those people. I personally don't have increased shedding with the sulfur, but some do. Regardless, I'm pretty sure you can use any oil that you want. Coconut oil and Extra Virgin olive oil penetrate well.