Summer 2012 No Heat Challenge

jprayze

That was a close one!!! Lol managed to save my heat pass by putting my hair in a donut bun today :)

ForumRunner_20120708_120829.jpg

growbaby

I'm pretty sure I used a heat pass. I started to flat iron the other night but quit after 10 mins.. My hair is just to thick for me to do it by myself anymore.

back2relaxed

I am doing my hair tonight. I have prepoo'd w/ Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Cholesterol and EVOO, then I clarified w/VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying Shampoo, next I washed w/CON w/Argan Oil, and DC'd w/CON w/Argan Oil Intensive Conditioner and Aphogee 2 min. I sprayed my leave ins: Chi Keratin Mist and Elasta QP H2, next I added my creamy leave in, Garnier Length and Strength, and my beloved Chi Silk Infusion. I am rollersetting for the first time in 2 years, my hair is finally long enough. I set the rollers w/B&B Wrap Foam and water(with a few drops of EVOO), we shall see how this goes. Hopefully it will be nice enough to post a pic!

xu93texas

Hi, checking in. I'm still rocking wigs. I'm 12.5 weeks post relaxer and I have plenty of ng. My plan is to use one heat pass per month. I really need to get my hair in cornrows to wear underneath my wigs.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
looking good, ladies!!

i am about to go cowash and probably just wear a bun. i was thinking of doing twists, but i have no patience.

KurlyNinja

I forgot I was in this challenge. I dont use heat in the summer so its not really a challenge anymore. Lets stay heat-free ladies!

gvin89

Oops haven't been updating but I'm hanging. I'm committed to 2-strand twists or flat twist updos all summer.

jprayze

My flat ironed hair was so straight and flat, I really wanted to put some curls in it. Was tempted to use the flat iron for the curls but opted for flexirods! Saving my heat passes!!!

image-3920885696.jpg

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
jprayze, you've inspired me, i think i'll be flat ironing tonight. my 1st heat pass
i just need a break from all the cowashing and bunning, and i wanna check on my ends.

back2relaxed

Rocky91 I can't believe I haven't really been tempted yet. My rollerset kinda cured any longings i had for "straight hair", its smooth, but still fluffy b/c I'm about 6 wks post. Full of body. I really don't know when I'll straighten my hair!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
^^man i wish i could rollerset properly to get straight hair.
welp ladies, i flat ironed. i may post pics later, but this joint got puffy within a few hours and i'm not about to keep flat ironing to maintain this style, so i'll give up on it soon.. it's just too humid here.

Philippians413

I washed, dc'ed, then used some of my goodies that I got today. I started with applying hair trigger growth elixer to my scalp and massaging it in, then I used basks hair milk as a leave-in and twisted with the palm tapioca. My hair is so soft and moisturized right now.

back2relaxed

I set w/perm rods, I'll post a pic today. Once this wears out, I'll be going back to the bun for week or two! I may use a heat pass the 2nd week in August!

growbaby

Here's my first donut bun made with my homemade (sock) donut :) .. It'll be a style for the rest of summer for sure. :yep:

image-3051941290.jpg

jprayze

:grin:
[USER=98259 said:
gvin89[/USER];16417469]@jprayze, I love it! Can you please share your technique? I'd love to try....

I prepooed with honey, avocado and apricot oils, and WGHOs for about 8 hours. I washed with CON shampoo, followed with a DC w/ the ORS Nourishing for a couple of hours (no heat) which was really nice. I massaged a little bit of grapeseed oil on my scalp roller set with a mix of XL and Lrg magnetic rollers overnight with Lottabody Setting Foam. Took out in the am and this was the result.

I'm going to post some 2nd and 3rd day pics so you can see how it's holding up!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
jprayze and growbaby, very cute pics!!!

welp. i used another heat pass. i cowashed and blowdried yesterday, i wanted to be cute and have big hair in a rush.
so now i only have one left.
that'll be okay, tho, because i plan to start training for a half marathon so i'll have zero desire to attempt wearing a heat style for the rest of the summer.

jprayze

I think I can get this roller set to last until the end of the wk. I bought 2 phony ponys so I think I'm going to try one of them out this wind. I'm going to Dominican republic next month and I'm thinking my phony pony is going to be my style. It should be carefree and cool. Trying to decide what product would be good to smooth my hair down...any suggestions? TIA

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I'm late but I want in :) I've only done 1 heat pass 2 weeks ago and won't again until prob September. I am doing braid/ twist outs, loose buns and updos right now

Philippians413

I did the GHE last night with vatika frosting:lick: and a little KCKT on my ends(trying to use this up because it doesn't work for me any other way). My hair this morning is so soft and moisturized! I'm getting ready to wash it out with CJ's Daily Fix (haven't used this in a while), do a DC with SD's Vanilla Silk, and put some trigger on my scalp (I'm loving this stuff so far even though it's too soon to see results). I think I'll blow dry it after (I usually use cool to BD but I might use a heat pass and BD on warm or hot) and put in some bantu knots:grin:.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I'm late but I want in :) I've only done 1 heat pass 2 weeks ago and won't again until prob September. I am doing braid/ twist outs, loose buns and updos right now

Welcome!!

My hair is still blowdried, up in a bun.
I will likely cowash tomorrow and put it back in a bun.
My reggie for the rest of the summer is likely, cowash and bun frequently, if not daily, and shampoo and overnight DC once a week, and wear a twistout/braidout on the weekends.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I am doing a protein treat then il shampoo and condition and then sleep in a moisturizing dc. My hair def needs some tlc.

jprayze

I was able to keep the curls for 6 days. Judt gradually keep getting looser. Twisted my hair last nite. Hope my twist out looks decent!

back2relaxed

checking in...still haven't used heat. I did perm rod set last week, and then cowashed thursday, and have been rocking a phony pony wrapped into a bun since. Next week I don't know. I'll probably do a shampoo wash on Tuesday or Wednesday nite, and then go back to this bun. I'm still considering using a heat pass the 2nd week of August. But I really have no desire, just a ton of a new growth, and want to see an estimate of my growth, before my August 24th relaxer. After the relaxer, I'll probably go right back into no heat. I don't miss it at all!