Summer 2012 No Heat Challenge

jprayze

I love this challenge! It made me realize I was using way too much heat. I've only used one heat pass so far and have worn buns, roller sets, and twist outs. There are so many no heat options! I think I'm going to use a heat pass this wknd to do my last length check for the MN challenge. Then I will save the last heat pass for an emergency!

RemyRem

Haven't used any type of heat yet :) I want to go to the hair salon and get my ends trimmed because I have some split ends. I wonder If I can get it cut without straightening my roots. I don't really want to use any type of heat and no time soon.

Styles I've been wearing for no heat challenge are buns and roller sets:

Attachments

• edd19888d0d911e1986c12313806b6a2_7.jpg
    edd19888d0d911e1986c12313806b6a2_7.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 26
  • bun.jpg
    bun.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 31

jprayze

RemyRem said:
Haven't used any type of heat yet :) I want to go to the hair salon and get my ends trimmed because I have some split ends. I wonder If I can get it cut without straightening my roots. I don't really want to use any type of heat and no time soon.

Styles I've been wearing for no heat challenge are buns and roller sets:

Ur bun is pretty!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
bumping!
i cowashed and put my hair in a southern tease bun yesterday.
i moisturized and put it in two braids to sleep, and then put it in a bun again today.

CurlsBazillion

Checking in! I'm still enjoying my heat free regimen. I've upped cowashing and proteins. I've been in buns constantly, even under my wig (the hair is so big and curly that my tiny bun isn't noticeable). Below is a picture of my wet bun, I'm loving it and may not touch it until monday.

Attachments

• wetbun.jpg
    wetbun.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 33

jprayze

My style since Sunday 2 flat twists on each side with a little hair out in the back. This pic is that style even though I didn't take any pics this time around :)

image-1862911214.jpg

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
^^that style is so cute and your brows are on point!

still in my bantu knots. my scalp is itching, i wish i had shampooed before doing them instead of just cowashing. oh well, i'll have to ignore it till friday. or saturday.

back2relaxed

My roots are super thick. I'm on week 8.5 post, and i have 21 days left before I get my relaxer. I'll easily make it, but what to do w/my hair in the interim. My stand dryer broke at the part that holds the height of the hood! So until I get my dad to fix it in a week, I'm screwed! I used a heat pass on Sunday as I had no time to airdry. So that's my first one. At least it let me see what my hair was up to, since it hasn't been straightened in 2+ months. It looks healthy, but I'm personally paranoid w/o my bun, phony pony, heck any protective style. I'll be cowashing this weekend, and doing a heavy moisture treatment. I will probably do a braidout, or set it on rods and let it airdry as I'll have time.

xu93texas

I used a heat pass last weekend. I'm still wearing wigs. My ng is thick. I'll be relaxing soon!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
My roots are super thick. I'm on week 8.5 post, and i have 21 days left before I get my relaxer. I'll easily make it, but what to do w/my hair in the interim. My stand dryer broke at the part that holds the height of the hood! So until I get my dad to fix it in a week, I'm screwed! I used a heat pass on Sunday as I had no time to airdry. So that's my first one. At least it let me see what my hair was up to, since it hasn't been straightened in 2+ months. It looks healthy, but I'm personally paranoid w/o my bun, phony pony, heck any protective style. I'll be cowashing this weekend, and doing a heavy moisture treatment. I will probably do a braidout, or set it on rods and let it airdry as I'll have time.

i so understand the paranoia that comes after wearing protective styles for a while :lol:

jprayze

Today makes 1 Month without heat! I didn't think I could do it!!! I am loving it. I honestly didn't think I could do it. I'm thinking about using a heat pass next weekend.

RemyRem

Checking in! Haven't used a heat pass yet im so proud of myself. Its not as hard as I thought it was going to be to do this No Heat Challenge. Good Luck on the rest of the challenge ladies

jprayze

Used a heat pass today to get a no heat style. Stylist used hand blow dryer prior to installing mini braids.

image-3657219224.jpg

Wondering if she could have done it without the heat because in her attempts to make my hair more manageable, I lost every bit of volume my heir had.

jprayze

I will be using my last heat pass the first wk in September. Just over a month left...didn't think I could do it!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I will be using my last heat pass the first wk in September. Just over a month left...didn't think I could do it!

great job to you and all the other challengers!

I will be using my final one in a few days. I'm going to blowdry before installing my back to school weave.
if anyone has any progress pics they'd like to post, that'd be great.

i do feel like my hair has definitely gotten thicker this summer because of avoiding heat and cowashing more.

gvin89

Hey ladies...I know I've been MIA - a lot going on this way. At any rate, today I got a flat twisted updo! This should last for 2 weeks...once I take this down, back to my moisture and DC routine.

Hope all of you are doing well!

Angelinhell

Omg, I think I dropped out a long time ago lol I've been using heat like crazy:look:
I'll just use my duo tex for the next few washes to build my strength back up, then I'll get back to rollersetting.