Summer hairstyles....

Mena

How do you ladies wear your hair when it is all hot and humid during the summer? I need some ideas!

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
I'll be doing braidouts and buns for most of the summer. I may re-do my two-strand twists. I'm trying to go without heat for awhile.

Soliel185

I'm liking braid outs right now, but once the temp hits 104 I'll probably be going for a bun..

I'm going to try some new things with my updos though, like braiding the sides, or doing a side bun, braided my hair into a headband etc to make it more interesting. :yep:

LushLox

I'll wear mainly loose curly up do's. We don't generally get blistering heat in London and our 'summers' last about 3 weeks anyway! :lachen:

temfash

I'll wear mainly loose curly up do's. We don't generally get blistering heat in London and our 'summers' last about 3 weeks anyway! :lachen:

Tell me about it and thats if we're really lucky LOL. I'm sticking with canerows with extensions ,twists and twistouts.

Carolie

For the past 4 years I used to just cut my hair off in the summer: easier to wash, faster to style, & not as hot... I'm extremely lazy in the summertime :lachen:

But now that I'm actually trying to grow it out, I'm probably going to stick with braidouts a majority of the time & straighten if I'm going out somewhere special

Aviah

Ditto to what those two said. At least its less cold and stress on the hair.
I would wear WnG's and Twists, or cornrows.

LivingDol1

i've been having issues with figuring how what to do with my hair in the summer as well. i think that i will stick to roller sets and wear my hair in updos, a bun, etc.

i tried the air dried bun for 2 weeks and i had so much shedding. i would only do that for a lazy last resort once in a while.

kjeneen

hmmmm....I think I may try the pin-curl rollersets until I get a decent amount of ng, and then switch to either a cute wig or a sew-in.

Vonnieluvs08

My summer style depends on if I cut my hair or not. If I cut it I'll do wash and gos, braid outs, flat twists, and combos of flat twists with braid outs.

If I don't cut my hair I'll get some kinky twists or some other kind of extension that I can hide my hair and keep it up off my neck.

I really want to cut my hair though (transitioning is getting frustrating:wallbash:) so I can be lazy but still take care of my hair.