Super Long Yarn Braids Success!! PICS

sistatv

First
You betta WERK! You and the braids are gorgeous. So impressed that you did these yourself! I'm feeling inspired to give it a shot...

Everybody always complains about the takedown of these braids... Is it worse than taking down regular long braids? How so? Thanks for the help!

Sent from the batphone!

wednesday

First
You betta WERK! You and the braids are gorgeous. So impressed that you did these yourself! I'm feeling inspired to give it a shot...

Everybody always complains about the takedown of these braids... Is it worse than taking down regular long braids? How so? Thanks for the help!

Sent from the batphone!

sistatv OK....this is my ONLY issue with yarn braids...the take down is a pain in the bum. In my opinion it's WAY worse than taking down regular long braids. In any case i usually will cut the braids to about 2 inches past the point where my hair ends in the braid and i undo from there. I'm normally super fast at taking down regular synthetic/human braids (it take's me an hour or 2hrs at the most to take down micros). Yarn braids are a little different because they don't have that slip when you add conditioner etc to them. This is the first time i've done my yarn braids this thick, so i think they will be a little easier to take down, however, when i did 2 strand yarn braids i took them down over the course of 3 days. Also, because of the take down hassle, it forces me to keep the braids in for as long as possible:lol:. I still recommend yarn braids, but i don't think i'll do the 2 strand method again (i used 6-5 strands for these).

wednesday

That's it?! I would have thought it have taken you much longer (like 16 hours). You must be really good at braiding, or I am just not that good. I've done about BSL braids that took 12 hours at my quickest. Looks great on you!

kandiekj100 I think the most time consuming thing is preparing the yarn (measuring/cutting it to length, sectioning etc) If you prep the yarn in advance it'll take no time.

prettykinks

I love your hair! Is it twists or braids? Can you give instructions on how to get started with the yarn. I bought yarn but I'm not sure how to mearure it etc. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using SPH-M910

ezina

sistatv OK....this is my ONLY issue with yarn braids...the take down is a pain in the bum. In my opinion it's WAY worse than taking down regular long braids. In any case i usually will cut the braids to about 2 inches past the point where my hair ends in the braid and i undo from there. I'm normally super fast at taking down regular synthetic/human braids (it take's me an hour or 2hrs at the most to take down micros). Yarn braids are a little different because they don't have that slip when you add conditioner etc to them. This is the first time i've done my yarn braids this thick, so i think they will be a little easier to take down, however, when i did 2 strand yarn braids i took them down over the course of 3 days. Also, because of the take down hassle, it forces me to keep the braids in for as long as possible:lol:. I still recommend yarn braids, but i don't think i'll do the 2 strand method again (i used 6-5 strands for these).

:shocked: 1-2 hours!?! That's actually amazing! I have never been able to take down my braids in less than a day! It takes me at least a whole weekend! (My braids are normally medium-sized). Spare some tips for ignorant ole' me! :grin:

Sha76

Your hair looks super cute. I am planning on putting in my first set but currently my hair is only 3 inches long. So it won't be that long. Right now I am not even sure I can use more than 2 strands per braid but I will be experimenting to find out my maximum strands I can use.