I GOT YARN BRAIDS..... (PICS)

DrC

Used 2 bundles

-sistatv inspired me to get some.
- I did them myself
-It took 21 hours to do.
-This is my very first time installing yarn braids
-I braided in layers. Didn't plan it, but it just kind of happened
- I cut a lot of time in half by preparation. I cut all my yarn and soaked it in a bowl of leave in moisturizer and water.

Please feel free to ask me any questions. :grin:

Last edited:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Super cute! I can see that you're having fun with it, doing all of those styles in one day. :giggle:

But I don't blame you though, cuz I'd do the same thing. :lol: They look great!

MsDes

Nice! I would look a hot mess if I did these on my hair. But you did a great job. They look like dreadlocks.

sistatv

OHHH EMMM GEEZZZIIEEE!!! You look soooo CAYUTE!!! You did a great job! We betta werkkk!!! Now you can join me in whipping our hair and walking around looking at folks like...

:lachen:

Once again fantastic job!!!

PS.... Maybe we can find JoAnn and have her bring us some blue rollers so we can curl them and REALLLLY be fierce...

DrC

OHHH EMMM GEEZZZIIEEE!!! You look soooo CAYUTE!!! You did a great job! We betta werkkk!!! Now you can join me in whipping our hair and walking around looking at folks like...

:lachen:

Once again fantastic job!!!

:rofl: sistatv Okay, so I tried that and ended up slapping the living S*** out of my face :rofl:

Very cute, but damn 21 hours!

naturalnikki :lol: Yeah, I wanted them very small. I think each braid is about 1/4-1/2 inch.

Last edited:

DrC

PS.... Maybe we can find JoAnn and have her bring us some blue rollers so we can curl them and REALLLLY be fierce...

Oh my gosh don't get me started on that :rofl:

Ms. Martina

Awesome! I'm doing mine next week after. I cut my yarn last night. I wish I could do them now...but I have a trip coming up and don't have enough down time. Oh well, can't wait to get them done after though. Yours look lovely! Also, did you completely drench the yarn in the water and leave in condish?

Last edited:

DrC

Awesome! I'm doing mine next week after. I cut my yarn last night. I wish I could do them now...but I have a trip coming up and don't have enough down time. Oh well, can't wait to get them done after though. Yours look lovely! Also, did you completely drench the yarn in the water and leave in condish?

Ms. Martina thank you. Yes. I put them in a container with leave in conditioner, a little water and let them soak there. I didn't feel like spraying each 2-strand every 5 seconds, so it helped a lot with cutting time down, otherwise it would have taken me forever and I would be walking around here mad and cussing with half my head done :lol:

Netta1 You know what?? I've actually wanted to do my hair in blonde dreadlocs.
Unfortunately due to the profession I'm going into, I'm not able to get them. :cry4:

Last edited:

MzSwift

Wow, good job! They look great!
I've had two bundles of Red Heart in my closet for almost two years with the intention of doing those...

manter26

I've done them before but they didn't look that full. How many strings of yarn did you use for each braid?

I like them thick. Very pretty!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

DrC

I've done them before but they didn't look that full. How many strings of yarn did you use for each braid?

I like them thick. Very pretty!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thank you. I used 2 strings for each section. I also parted my hair in very small pieces for more fullness.
3 strands also adds fullness

Last edited: