Swimming Lessons and Relaxers

janeemat

Ladies, I will be relaxing my hair on July 3rd. That will put me at 13wks post. My swimming lessons will begin July 7th. I will definitley poo after my lessons and will pour on the conditioner. This will be my first poo after my relaxer. Anything else I need to know since I my relaxer is so close to my lessons beginning. Any tips will be most welcomed!

jamaicanadian

If your not planning to load your hair with conditioner before your lesson to prevent your hair from absorbing too much chlorine, I would use a clarifying shampoo followed by a very moisturizing conditioner or masque. I had a friend in high school with long beautiful relaxed hair who would put a plastic shower cap on her head and then a really good swim cap on over it. She managed to keep most of the chlorinated water out of her hair. HTH!

janeemat

Thanks Jamacian for showing me some love. I did a search and read where the ladies suggested to wet the hair and then apply some cond before putting on the swim cap. Afterwards I will rinse and then poo with Aveda detox or some sort of clarifying poo/moisturizing poo followed by a deep cond. I will opt for low maintenance since this will be on Tues and Thurs the month of July.

soulie

I found the V05 Kiwi and Lime clarifying poo to be very gentle when I was swimming in chlorinated water several times a week.

*Muffin*

Lemon juice is a natural chelator and neutralizes chlorine. You could add a tablespoon of lemon juice to your conditioner once weekly as a natural clarifier/chelator.

janeemat

I found the V05 Kiwi and Lime clarifying poo to be very gentle when I was swimming in chlorinated water several times a week.

I guess you did not suffer any damage from the chlorinated water. Your is very pretty. Thanks!