switching from phyto to mizani--bad idea?

kimbaparis

i came out of 2 years in braids and had a phytorelaxer applied two times with 10 weeks in between each time. the first was fine, after thee second my hair broke like crazy. i just hid it in a weave for the last 3 months. now i am thinking of trying mizani. i went to the salon i am thinking of trying and really liked the stylist. but i only want texlaxed hair. is mizani good for that? she looked at my hair, asked if my scalp was sensitive and when i said no, she said she would use the mizani for fine color treated hair because it wasn't as drying. can i get her to texlax with that? and if i hate it can i try phyto again or is that a bad idea?
my hair breaks very easily. and i drink water, take flaxseed, multi vitamin, omega 3 etc.
sorry for all of the posts lately but i just lurked and read last time and now i think if i had asked more questions i wouldn't have ended up with the broken patch--i call it the bermuda triangle --on the crown of my head.

upandcoming

Well, I am NOT a hair expert at all (actually I'm experiencing some breakage now because I haven't done anything to my hair lately eek) BUT, I do know that Mizani has changed SOMETHING about their relaxer.. I used Mizani for a long time and had APL a couple of years back BUT I had to switch to Affirm because Mizani was not doing it right. Actually today I am going to get an Affrim relaxer. It's usually pretty good. I've had a lot of growth since my big chop last January (I went from just thin, barely there grazing the shoulders to full 1.5 inches from APL) so I don't know if that's a product of a better diet or whatever but I wouldn't recommend Mizani anymore.

My .02.

Mizani_Mrs

girl there is nothing 'texlaxing' about Mizani. I have never tried their fine formula but i've been using the regular formula for the past 6yrs maybe. Mizani is one of the strongest/bone-straightest relaxers on the market. You have to have a stylist apply it within 13minutes flat or it'll start burning like hail. I actually have been relaxing sorta 'texlax-ish' with mizani.... meaning I am sure to spray my hair with my hardcore protein, (aphogee green tea restructurizer). and this prevents me from relaxing bone straight. Along with the fact that my scalp burns quickly so he only has 13mins to put in and rinse out.... But now i've decided to go with a milder relaxer since i'm not looking for bonestraight hair. i decided this after realizing that my hair is not as strong as i want it to be...it is fragile and breaks easily after i baby it for the past 2years so i am switching relaxers...i'm not sure which yet. maybe design essentials, maybe Arosci....

crlsweetie912

That's funny cause I used the fine hair/color treated one twice and I didn't burn at all! I love Mizani but I haven't used the Phyto so I can't really say about switching up.

glamazon386

I had Mizani in my hair for over a year and a half before Bcing and I have to say that I loved it. My hair did the best with Mizani and it left some of my texture which allowed me to wash and go. Before that I had Affirm in my fine hair and it was too strong. It made my hair thin and lifeless and caused a lot of breakage. My problems stopped once I switched to Mizani. My mother on the other hand has been relaxed with Affirm since I originally had it in my hair (April 2004) and she hasn't had any problems.