Sylver2!!! I LUV U!!!

krikit96

Okay, ONCE AGAIN!!!! Sylver2 has saved the day! I followed her tutorial for the CHI flat iron and I must say, my hair has never come out so smooth, silky and shiny!

I used the Chi Silk Infusium and the frizz-ease by John Frieda...my sabino is in the mail... I washed and conditioned with VS So Sexy (that's for DH 2nite!) blow dried my hair in sections and flat ironed all around.

I haven't used direct heat with a blowdryer or flat iron in about 4 months. MY HAIR IS looking SO GOOD I am kind of scared to wrap it up tonight for work tomorrow! :lachen:Seriously, It is so light and bouncy and I mean it has SWANG y'all, like I can turn my head to the left to look at my dh and I feel my hair swingin like a commercial back there!

I think I'll wait until Dec to get a trim, but all of this is to say, Sylver2 you are an inspiration to me because I was the biggest tomboy for about 21 years and could do absolutely NOTHING with my mane. I swear I am never going back to a salon AGAIN for ANYTHING! I only trust my bff to trim me up anyways...

Sylver2 I really want to thank you for all your posts on your regimen and taking such detailed pictures for your tutorials. I could never have done this with the right amount of confidence and patience without referring to your fotki. Only think I need now is my sabino and I need to find that RUSK SMOOTHER, the Ross here in Bowie, MD only had some small little tube of Pro Elements by Rusk Smoothing Treatment and Conditioners... Where do you find your rusk?

Oh! I can't keep my fingers out of my HAIR!!!! Oh, and I'm 10 weeks post too. Listen at me I'm just rambling...I need to go to bed, but I was sooooo excited I had to tell somebody... Pictures follow:

Attachments

• 100_1597.jpg
    100_1597.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 100_1598.jpg
    100_1598.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 144
  • 100_1600.jpg
    100_1600.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 100_1591.jpg
    100_1591.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

taj

Sylver2 is phenomenal and I have been inspired by her techniques as well! Your hair looks great!!:grin:

krikit96

Thank you so much ladies! I mean, this morning, when I took off my scarf, my hair just fell out of the wrap and right into place again! I am, however, still having an issue with the broken pieces at the top of my hair sticking up on top of my head this morning, these flyaways need to hurry up and GROW already!!!:grin: Any suggestions???

I like how you threw in that sidebar about VS So Sexy. :lachen: (sorry, I just came from ET/OT)

Very nice!
HaHaHa!!!! You caught me on that one!!! Although, after I finished flatironing, it didn't really smell like the conditioner anymore... I tried to put some of the VS Serum on it, but I didn't want it to be overkill... Hmmm- I'm gonna have to figure out something to keep that smell there...

This is what I found when I stalked, I mean, briefly looked at her fotki :look:

http://public.fotki.com/sylver2/2009-coming-soon/chi-flat-iron/

Amazing results Krikit! And great to see you've bounced back :yay:

Thanks Twinkletoes! I'm sure you remember when my hair was falling out from all the stress and I lost both my temples... my left temple is pretty much back intact, but my right one is still doin' it's own thang...

Ur hair looks good!

I am def. gonna try her tutorial next flat iron :yep:
YES!!! You will DEFINITELY be happy! And I didn't use the CHI either, I used the sally version... GVP... I can only imagine if I used the actual CHI product what the results would look like...may even be able to get those broken flyaways to lay down that way!!!!

Itllbeokbaby

get it girl!....you look great!

i have one suggestion about your flyaways - i have them too. i just use that NTM silk touch leave-in cream. i got that from sylver2 too. it works for me. it maybe too heavy for you though.
hth

silkii_locks

Your hair really looks nice, OP. I have the same problem with little hairs sticking up in the top of my head, what is that? I've seen this on other women as well.

I also use the VS So Sexy from time to time and my hair ends up smelling like it for days, people think I'm wearing perfume. But I use the VS detangling spray as well so maybe that's why.

beans4reezy

Sylver, you really do contribute so much. You are a blessing to many of the ladies here. We collectively sincerely thank you!

pri

You did a great job! It looks gorgeous! Looks so healthy and bouncy! Thanks for sharing :)

krikit96

get it girl!....you look great!

i have one suggestion about your flyaways - i have them too. i just use that NTM silk touch leave-in cream. i got that from sylver2 too. it works for me. it maybe too heavy for you though.
hth
Thanks Mini Mimi... Unfortunately my hair laughed at the NTM silk touch leave in... it didn't work for me, just made my hair soft for a few hours...but I still had fly aways...:perplexed

Your hair really looks nice, OP. I have the same problem with little hairs sticking up in the top of my head, what is that? I've seen this on other women as well.
I also use the VS So Sexy from time to time and my hair ends up smelling like it for days, people think I'm wearing perfume. But I use the VS detangling spray as well so maybe that's why.

I don't know WHAT the heck to do about these! Maybe Sylver2 will peek in and give us another tip!:look:
Seriously though, when you use the VS con, does the smell hold up even after you have flat ironed? I don't usually do it, but my rollersets I've been practicing still need MAJOR help!

sylver2

Okay, ONCE AGAIN!!!! Sylver2 has saved the day! I followed her tutorial for the CHI flat iron and I must say, my hair has never come out so smooth, silky and shiny!

I used the Chi Silk Infusium and the frizz-ease by John Frieda...my sabino is in the mail... I washed and conditioned with VS So Sexy (that's for DH 2nite!) blow dried my hair in sections and flat ironed all around.

I haven't used direct heat with a blowdryer or flat iron in about 4 months. MY HAIR IS looking SO GOOD I am kind of scared to wrap it up tonight for work tomorrow! :lachen:Seriously, It is so light and bouncy and I mean it has SWANG y'all, like I can turn my head to the left to look at my dh and I feel my hair swingin like a commercial back there!

I think I'll wait until Dec to get a trim, but all of this is to say, Sylver2 you are an inspiration to me because I was the biggest tomboy for about 21 years and could do absolutely NOTHING with my mane. I swear I am never going back to a salon AGAIN for ANYTHING! I only trust my bff to trim me up anyways...

Sylver2 I really want to thank you for all your posts on your regimen and taking such detailed pictures for your tutorials. I could never have done this with the right amount of confidence and patience without referring to your fotki. Only think I need now is my sabino and I need to find that RUSK SMOOTHER, the Ross here in Bowie, MD only had some small little tube of Pro Elements by Rusk Smoothing Treatment and Conditioners... Where do you find your rusk?

Oh! I can't keep my fingers out of my HAIR!!!! Oh, and I'm 10 weeks post too. Listen at me I'm just rambling...I need to go to bed, but I was sooooo excited I had to tell somebody... Pictures follow:

oh man thank u soo much. your hair came out great!!!!!! Sooo soft looking, smoothy and shiny.:yep:im soo glad my fotki is able to help, thts why i do all that documenting.
tht Rusk Smoother is the bomb. they started selling it a lot more places now. ulta, giant, bss in the malls, tradewinds, and some cvs's.

Sylver, you really do contribute so much. You are a blessing to many of the ladies here. We collectively sincerely thank you!

aww man thank u. u have no idea how glad i am to hear that.

I don't know WHAT the heck to do about these! Maybe Sylver2 will peek in and give us another tip!:look:
Seriously though, when you use the VS con, does the smell hold up even after you have flat ironed? I don't usually do it, but my rollersets I've been practicing still need MAJOR help!

when i had them i used jojoba oil and serum and they stayed down.

krikit96

oh man thank u soo much. your hair came out great!!!!!! Sooo soft looking, smoothy and shiny.:yep:im soo glad my fotki is able to help, thts why i do all that documenting.
tht Rusk Smoother is the bomb. they started selling it a lot more places now. ulta, giant, bss in the malls, tradewinds, and some cvs's.

aww man thank u. u have no idea how glad i am to hear that.

when i had them i used jojoba oil and serum and they stayed down.

Well again we thank you! I hope to be able to get good enough to start a fotki soon too! I may have to stop at the cvs on my way home, I really want to try this...

You used the regular John Frieda serum?

krikit96

**I just started a thread on this but I decided to post here for future references**

I found it! It's the John Frieda Secret Weapon cream! I put it on this morning and you would never know that I had those pieces of hair that are on top of my head that stick straight up because of old damage and breakage!!!

Even on the sides, I'm wearing my hair straight back, and it's out today...the hair in front of and above my ears usually sticks straight out like I've been shocked or something... this stuff is the BOMB!!!! Here is a pic:

http://mp.hairboutique.com/_images/products/Secret_weapon_350.jpg

I am using a small little sample that came from my trial size frizz-ease. I am DEFINITELY going to buy the bigger product TODAY!!!! WooHOO!!!!!!!

When I posted pics in my last thread when I followed Sylver2's tutorial, I was asking this question about flyaways!!!! I FOUND THE CURE!!!! I hope it works for you ladies too!