My Sylver2 Scarf Method Attempt!!

RabiaElaine

Hey Ladies,

So last night I attempted to do Sylver2's scarf method on my short hair. I have pictures in my album of how it came out. It came out pretty well for a first try. I am only 2.5 weeks post relaxer though. I just wanted to try it out first before I try to do it during my stretch. I rolled the rollers up because that's the way Sylver2 seemed to do her hair, the flips were a nice change from my normal wrap. I slept with the rollers in my hair though, I know Sylver2 doesn't do this. I did have to touch up my hair with my flatiron and curling iron in the morning since I was a little deficient in roller my hair up instead of under. I used the same leave-in's that Sylver2 uses, Rusk Smoother and NTM Silk Touch leave in. In the morning I added a little NTM serum before using the flat iron. My hair feels so soft, I can't stop touching it.

Anyway next time I might just try pinning up the flips, that might look cute.

Anyway enjoy the pics.

Thanks Sylver2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

IvyMichael

Very cute, Rabia. I like the flipped curls and it definitely looks like it'll hold down the new growth when you get it. I might just have to try this out.

LoriLOCX

Awwwww.....it looks so pppuuuurrrrttttyyyyyy!!!! You did an awesome job. Love the shine and texture look of your hair!

RabiaElaine

IvyMichael said:
Very cute, Rabia. I like the flipped curls and it definitely looks like it'll hold down the new growth when you get it. I might just have to try this out.

Thanks Ivy,

I hope it does. Next time I try it I think I'm going to leave the curls as is straight out of the rollers and try to pin them into something cute. I think that would definitely be good for the new growth (when I get it) because it will mean less manipulation of the roots.

Something that really helped me when putting in the roller and smoothing down my hair was my bone come. That thing is amazing i had very little hair loss even when manipulating the hair when wet (maybe 15 hairs). I recommend everyone get a bone comb.

Tonight when I go to sleep I'm going to use those soft spiral rollers that are covered in satin and okay to sleep in. I need to go buy some because I don't know where mine are (I may have given them away). Hopefully they will hold the flip.

I've been getting lots of compliments from co-workers today!!

RabiaElaine

lea5 said:
It looks reallly good. I'm going to try this at my next wash. Thanks for sharing.

When you try it make sure to make the part and smooth the hair in the direction you want it in the shower. I believe this is what Sylver2 does and it definitely helps to avoid extra manipulation in trying to get the front to lay flat the way you want it. The force of the water helps. I did this with a my Jilbere shower comb. After I got out of the shower I used my bone comb and the side of a soft boars brush to do the rest of the smooting before putting on the scarf. I resmoothed in the morning with NTM serum.

sweetpeadst

It looks very healthy. Ok as for products which ones do you us!Leav-ins, shampoos, conditoners, relaxers. Your hair really looks healthy!!!! Good Job keep up the good work!

Last edited:

sylver2

YAY!!!!!!!

:bouncy:

I am sooo delighted that you tried it and it worked for you. I am so addicted to that smoothness/sleekness I get on top from scarf I don't even care how rest of hair looks..lol.
Your hair came out so nice. I loved the flip. Maybe next time don't sleep in rollers. Curls won't be as tight, so you can finger comb into flip in morning instead of flat iron or hot curling.

Looking good girl, especially them roots. Nice and sleek.

RabiaElaine

sweetpeadst said:
It loofs very healthy. Ok as for products which ones do you us!Leav-ins, shampoos, conditoners, relaxers. Your hair really looks healthy!!!! Good Job keep up the good work!

Shampoo-- Cream of Nature for dry hair, and dominican shampoos at the salon, but I'm going to start to bring my cream of nature.

Conditioner-- Affirm Fortifying treatment, Humecto (used this last night for the scarf attempt), Suave coconut conditioner (used this last night for the scarf attempt), NTM Deep Pentetrating Mask (the one in the jar), Main and Tail Deep Moistrurizing treatment (used this last night to pre poo).

Protein-- Bone Marrow (used for the first time last night, loved it!), Keraphix, Affirm 5 in 1, Nexxus Emergency sometimes, Aubrey Organics GBP (need to repurchase, love this)

I also use Sebastion Cellophane sometimes, I haven't done that in a while though.

Relaxer-- Affirm, or Affirm Fiberguard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave in-- NTM Silk Touch leave in (used last night), Keracare leave in (very rich), Lacio Lacio, Salerm 21 (used for the first time 2 weeks ago), Rusk Smoother (used for the second time last night).

Moisturizers-- WGO (LOVE TO DEATH), Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair butter, Carol's Daughter Some of Marguerites Magic, Mizani Shyne Sheen spray, NTM serum (used this morning for the scarf method), the domincan salon sprays ORS Olive Oil spray on my hair after taking out the rollers.

I think that's it, though I have a ton more of stuff in bathroom that I rotate in every once in while to use it up.

RabiaElaine

sylver2 said:
YAY!!!!!!!

I am sooo delighted that you tried it and it worked for you. I am so addicted to that smoothness/sleekness I get on top from scarf I don't even care how rest of hair looks..lol.
Your hair came out so nice. I loved the flip. Maybe next time don't sleep in rollers. Curls won't be as tight, so you can finger comb into flip in morning instead of flat iron or hot curling.

Looking good girl, especially them roots. Nice and sleek.

Thanks Sylver!!! you are my inspiration. I know I shouldn't have slept in those hard rollers but I washed my hair late, I didn't feel like getting under the dryer. I actually have an idea of pin curling the tight curls next time and see if I can get a cute style out of that.

Tonight I'm going to use those soft satin spiral rollers at the back and see how that turns out. I'll post pictures ofcourse!!

sweetpeadst

Very nice list! Question about your fiberguard do you like it? I used it before and it was like I never got a perm I need my hair broken down completely obviously!!! My hair was nappy my hair dresser told me never to get it again b/c it did not work for me!!!! And do you like Lacio or Salerm better?

RabiaElaine

sweetpeadst said:
Very nice list! Question about your fiberguard do you like it? I used it before and it was like I never got a perm I need my hair broken down completely obviously!!! My hair was nappy my hair dresser told me never to get it again b/c it did not work for me!!!! And do you like Lacio or Salerm better?

I think they both work well for me I really didn't have a problem with the fiberguard. The last time I got a relaxer i used regular affirm though.

Regarding Lacio or Salerm, I haven't used them consistently enough to give a real opinion on that, I find Salerm to be creamier though. My hair eats up creamy leave ins. NTM isn't so creamy but my hair loves that too.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Your hair came out very nice. We have the around the same lenght, so I am going to have to try this method.

RabiaElaine

I updated the pictures in my album with what I did for day 2 of the scarf method. Take a look and let me know what you think.

I need to eliminate the flat iron from this process, it will happen as I get better.

Tonight I think I'm just going to leave the hair out and cover it with the scarf and the bonnet. I'm afraid it's going to look crushed in the morning, but we'll just have to wait and see.

I'll take more pics of course ( I love my new camera)!!

Isis

RabiaElaine said:
I updated the pictures in my album with what I did for day 2 of the scarf method. Take a look and let me know what you think.

I need to eliminate the flat iron from this process, it will happen as I get better.

Tonight I think I'm just going to leave the hair out and cover it with the scarf and the bonnet. I'm afraid it's going to look crushed in the morning, but we'll just have to wait and see.

I'll take more pics of course ( I love my new camera)!!

Your hair and style looks very pretty RabiaElaine! It looks like it has a LOT of bounce! I look forward to seeing more of your pics. :yep:

I too am doing Sylver2's method and my hair did not look crushed in the morning, just smooth and moisturized. This week my hair was rollerset under with smaller rollers for a more defined bump - not crushed yet after day 2! I don't sleep on my back though, just my sides so I'm not sure if that's a factor or not. I haven't taken pics of it this week yet.

Last edited:

RabiaElaine

Isis said:
Your hair and style looks very pretty RabiaElaine! It looks like it has a LOT of bounce! I look forward to seeing more of your pics. :yep:

I too am doing Sylver2's method and my hair did not look crushed in the morning, just smooth and moisturized. This week my hair was rollerset under with smaller rollers for a more defined bump - not crushed yet after day 2! I don't sleep on my back though, just my sides so I'm not sure if that's a factor or not. I haven't taken pics of it this week yet.

Yes, I agree with you Isis!! I only used the bonnet and scarf last night without putting any curlers in my hair overnight. When I woke up this morning my hair wasn't crushed the curl was just a little loser. I also sleep on my side which is probably why it was okay.

I added new pics to that folder in my fokti. Take a look!!

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I tried the method last night, I think it came out nicely. I wasn't able to take pictures because my battries are dead, but I am very happy with it.

RabiaElaine

LadyR said:
I tried the method last night, I think it came out nicely. I wasn't able to take pictures because my battries are dead, but I am very happy with it.

Great!!! I'm definitely going to incorporate this into my regimen. I have been getting sooo many compliments from people this week.

Isis

RabiaElaine said:
Yes, I agree with you Isis!! I only used the bonnet and scarf last night without putting any curlers in my hair overnight. When I woke up this morning my hair wasn't crushed the curl was just a little loser. I also sleep on my side which is probably why it was okay.

I added new pics to that folder in my fokti. Take a look!!
Wow! Your hair turned out great and I love the shine too! Yep, you could have worn it that way without the Caruso. :yep:
I like the Caruso results too.

RabiaElaine

I will be using this method again as I transition but I will be using flexirods for curlier look. The scarf method will help to flatten my natural roots. I will post pics as soon as I take out my braids since I'm doing the crown and glory technique right now.