T3 Flatiron Update

aileendq

Okay, so I know a gave a glowing review to the T3, and I stand by its performance in terms of it doing what it's supposed to do (it really did leave my hair much healthier & shinier than other flatirons, and the style lasted forever), but I have a story to tell, and it ain't pretty....

I had purchased a T3 and brought it home in July. On the very same day, as I was preparing to step out with the girls, I tried to use it. I plugged it in and it turned on. I tried to turn the heat up and it shut off, never to turn on again. I returned it to Sephora the same day and got a new one, thinking it was a fluke.

The replacement was used about 3 times a month and stored in the carrying case in the original box. Well, yesterday morning, I plugged the stupid thing in and was in the process of using it when the end of the electrical cord that is attached to the iron itself came undone (it had a metal plug-looking thing on it). Well, that metal piece with live electricity coursing through it narrowly missed my thigh as it fell, struck a towel that was draped on the sink's edge and electricity arced out of it! I unplugged it right away, but I imagine I would have been seriously injured if it had struck my flesh.

So, I returned the thing to Sephora and was credited.

I WILL NEVER PURCHASE A T3 FLATIRON AGAIN, as it it shoddly constructed. It's my understanding (from reviews on makeupalley.com) that the customer service is terrible.

The T3 blowdryer I have is holding up well, howver. (I don't use it all that much, though.)

I am now the proud owner of a Rusk Str8 1 inch flat iron...Wish me luck!

I'm sorry about the goof. I will wait a longer time before I reveiw anything else again!

Last edited:

aileendq

Thanks! It's really too bad, but I see it as a *sign* that I shouldn't be flatrioning all that much!
:)

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Thank God you were not hurt :eek: , that could have been serious you know, I'm happy I didn't purchase a hi end flat iron, I only paid 24.99 for my Conair ceramic, comb and boar bristle brush attachment and 25 temp. settings. I hope your new brand work out better.

L

lkg4healthyhair

Sorry this happened to you. I am glad you go credited and not hurt :(

I don't use mine much but I will keep a look out for any problems.....Didn't wanna get that Sedu huh

HoneyDew

aileendq said:
Thanks! It's really too bad, but I see it as a *sign* that I shouldn't be flatrioning all that much!
:)

lol. that is a good way to think of it. I need a sign or two like that myself. :)

CynamonKis

AWWWH I wish I had seen this post last week before I ordred a T3!

aileendq said:
Okay, so I know a gave a glowing review to the T3, and I stand by its performance in terms of it doing what it's supposed to do (it really did leave my hair much healthier & shinier than other flatirons, and the style lasted forever), but I have a story to tell, and it ain't pretty....

I had purchased a T3 and brought it home in July. On the very same day, as I was preparing to step out with the girls, I tried to use it. I plugged it in and it turned on. I tried to turn the heat up and it shut off, never to turn on again. I returned it to Sephora the same day and got a new one, thinking it was a fluke.

The replacement was used about 3 times a month and stored in the carrying case in the original box. Well, yesterday morning, I plugged the stupid thing in and was in the process of using it when the end of the electrical cord that is attached to the iron itself came undone (it had a metal plug-looking thing on it). Well, that metal piece with live electricity coursing through it narrowly missed my thigh as it fell, struck a towel that was draped on the sink's edge and electricity arced out of it! I unplugged it right away, but I imagine I would have been seriously injured if it had struck my flesh.

So, I returned the thing to Sephora and was credited.

I WILL NEVER PURCHASE A T3 FLATIRON AGAIN, as it it shoddly constructed. It's my understanding (from reviews on makeupalley.com) that the customer service is terrible.

The T3 blowdryer I have is holding up well, howver. (I don't use it all that much, though.)

I am now the proud owner of a Rusk Str8 1 inch flat iron...Wish me luck!

I'm sorry about the goof. I will wait a longer time before I reveiw anything else again!

simone103

For anyone that's interested and can't afford a high-end flat iron, Sally's Beauty is having a sale on them this week. I bought a ceramic one for $24.99 by Jilbere and it honestly works just as good if not better than the CHI and miniglide that I previously used.